What's new

Starting a trailer bar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bas

Donator
So I've spend numerous hours on a suitable interior in 2 Hampton barns to start my trailer bar, decided to apply for my liquor license only to simply hear it's not a valid business address.. Since when is it no longer allowed to make a bar in a trailer? Bit of a shame since I lost numerous hours.

https://forum.redcountyrp.com/threads/opening-a-bar.176515/

alien

Retired Admin
I think it should be kind of common sense that you couldn't legally run a business that sells alcohol out of a trailer/house. I believe this was allowed before liquor licenses were a thing, but when they're in play, they likely won't give them to any residential address. At least, I don't know of any trailers/houses who have been given such a license (correct me if I'm wrong). I suppose they should make it more clear before applying though if it isn't already.

Bas

Donator
I gues my efforts were in vein then, time to refurnish again...

Beth

Donator
The liquor license and courts scenario is quite limiting to be honest, it should be changed in my opinion as a few people have used houses/trailers now as they can’t afford bars/they’re rarely for sale. As long as not every house is getting one and people can prove they’re legitimate I don’t see the issue to be honest. Shame really!

charizardisdead

Donator
The liquor license and courts scenario is quite limiting to be honest, it should be changed in my opinion as a few people have used houses/trailers now as they can’t afford bars/they’re rarely for sale. As long as not every house is getting one and people can prove they’re legitimate I don’t see the issue to be honest. Shame really!

It's the Govt, not the courts. The Department of Licensing is a seperate subsector. People irl can't run a bar without these licenses, you have millions of licenses in the real world, even music licenses. None of which can be obtained from a personal address.

Wallachia

Donator
I clearly remember there was a bar legally selling alcohol just one week before you made that help thread.

It's the Govt, not the courts. The Department of Licensing is a seperate subsector. People irl can't run a bar without these licenses, you have millions of licenses in the real world, even music licenses. None of which can be obtained from a personal address.
Also, if the location looks exactly like a bar and is furnished properly, then why not make an exception? I know I am the person who usually strives for realism but come on, give the guy a break, it is still a game.

charizardisdead

Donator
I clearly remember there was a bar legally selling alcohol just one week before you made that help thread.

Also, if the location looks exactly like a bar and is furnished properly, then why not make an exception? I know I am the person who usually strives for realism but come on, give the guy a break, it is still a game.

Isn't up to me, I don't run the DoL I just run a teeny tiny sector for Security licenses because of my irl knowledge. Was just making a point that it isn't the courts.

Bas

Donator
I doubt I'll have any impact on how the government is going to handle these license requests, although I appreciate the support. I gues I'll just enjoy looking at the interior for a while and change it into something else or something.. no idea really.

Status
Not open for further replies.