What's new

Denied Speed cameras and licenses

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bishop

Retired Admin
We should all have unique licenses for each car ID that is on the server, car type does not affect the license. We would check every license with "/checkplate ID" Just like the /speed command, the check plate command is only for cars within a set range. You may charge plates with certain offenses, and each will be logged.

/chargeplate Plate ID, Number (1-10 for times charged) Level (Low, Medium, High) to charge a plate. (( /chargeplate 55567 1 Medium))

You may do the command /clearplate Plate Number (Log Number 1-10)
((Ex. /clearplate 55567 3)) 3 is the third offense received in the log.
If a license has been given back or a charge has been removed. Each plate will have logs of getting parking tickets and pull overs. After a couple of major offenses, your drivers license will be suspended and your car impounded or undrivable.

/suspendlicense ID <license> (Player ID) To suspend a license of a player.
/unsuspendlicense ID <license> (Player ID) To un-suspend a license.

This leads me to speed cameras. Speed cameras should be set up around both counties to warn players of speeding. A message will be prompted everytime you speed to the police in a zone and in which car you're driving. The speed cameras will be set on COUNTRY roads where the speed limit is 60 mph. The cameras will not warn you unless you speed over 65 mph.

I have played a server that had these cameras and here is a link to the camera.

Crusty

Platinum Member
We should be able to drive vehicles without having a license. A message would say 'You do not have a license for this vehicle. Watch yout for the cops'.

We should also be able to revoke licenses when they committ too many road offenses.

Anonymous

I also remember on this other server, there was an entire license plate system, where a sequence of numbers and letters appeared at the rear of the car, like the NPC bus has, but at the rear. Each vehicle in the server had its own license number. Some even had custom written license plates. Sorry I don't have a screenshot of it, I wiped out my entire computer...

Crusty

Platinum Member
David_Gallagher said:
I also remember on this other server, there was an entire license plate system, where a sequence of numbers and letters appeared at the rear of the car, like the NPC bus has, but at the rear. Each vehicle in the server had its own license number. Some even had custom written license plates. Sorry I don't have a screenshot of it, I wiped out my entire computer...
Did the license numbers float like the /Afk system or were they on the car?

Anonymous

They were floating around the rear area on the car.

Maybe I still have an account there, I'll go take a pic and post it...
Each car had its own assigned plate number combination. I don't know what kind of system the police have to check these plates, but there is a DMV with vehicle registration options.
Here are some screens of their license plate system:

Status
Not open for further replies.