What's new

Denied Slight police suggestion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mathers

Donator
/speedgun /speed

This command brings up a small menu (much like /atm) and shows the Driver of Police cruiser the speeds of all vehicles in the area that are close to the cruiser. This way Sheriff's are able to easily check if someone if going over the speed limit, however this does need to be role played for example:

/me lifts the speed gun
/me pushes the button as the cars pass
/speedgun

This could also have individual usage /speedgun (player ID): E.g:

/me aims the speed gun to "blah_blah" car
/me pushes the button as the car passes
/speedgun "5"

/see

This would be used OOCly - But would allow Sheriff's to see who's robbing stores. This is mainly due to the amount of non-rp robberies. We'd be able to easily send a report if we got there and they'd non-rp'ed the robbery.

/pticket (Vehicle Name/player ID) (fee)

This is a parking ticket command, basically if Sheriff's catch a vehicle non-rp parked, or parked in a stupid position/place, we have the ability to ticket that vehicle, this would mean that when the owner returns to the vehicle when they get into the vehicle this message would be displayed:

*You notice a parking ticket on your front windscreen*
"Too pay this parking ticket please /ppticket" (pay parking ticket)

/Clamp (Vehicle name/player id)

This command attaches a wheel-clamp to illegaly parked vehicles as well as the above command giving the Sheriff's the ability to ticket illegally parked vehicles, the clamp would be automatically removed once the vehicle owner has paid the parking ticket, example of wheel clamp:

http://accfree-cst.com/images/wheel-clamp1.jpg
http://www.midlandparkingsolutions.co.uk/images/service-wheel-clamp.jpg

Whilst the clamp is attached - Vehicle would;
Not be able to move.
Engine would not start.
It would be saved in that position.

/find

Although this is already a command, I believe it shouldn't have a twenty second timer, the marker should stay on the map until you have reached that person.

Alec

Retired Admin
Alot of people want this /speed command for cops but I want to know if it should be /speed [id] or /speed the nearest car.
I dont like /see.
/pticket and /clamp could only work on owned cars though but are good.

Icy

Gold Member
Alec said:
Alot of people want this /speed command for cops but I want to know if it should be /speed [id] or /speed the nearest car.
I dont like /see.
/pticket and /clamp could only work on owned cars though but are good.
/speed thing - It should be the nearest car. What if the person if the person is masked?

/see - Not my thing either tbh.

And lets have both /pticket and /clamp, and for the sake of god, please make the impound lot Alec.

Also, if this is to work, there must a be system to prevent people from moving others cars. That way, you could push some guy you hates' cars onto the road and have them detained.. I suggest some kind of scripted timer, that returns vehicles to their saved position after a few minutes of no passengers/drivers(faster than it is now), unless you do /park.

/park simply stops the vehicle from despawning, but it doesn't save it at that position. Cops should be able to check if the vehicle is /parked, and if it is, on a road or some other illegal place, they can detain/ticket the car.

So in other words, if I push someones car onto the road, it would go back to the saved position quickly. If I push a /parked car, it would return to the /parked location after like 30 seconds, but it still /respawncar back to the saved position, also if it's destroyed.

Basicly, the way I want /savecar and /park in my head:

/savecar: The main respawn point of your car. Like, at your house. When it is destroyed or manually respawned, it would return here, and any /park location is removed. If it isn't parked, it automaticly returns here after few seconds/minutes, if the distance to the saved spot has changed.

/park: Temporary location of the car. If the car is parked, it returns to its parked position after a few seconds/minutes if pushed. If it's destroyed or manually respawned, it goes back to /savecar spawn and the /park location is removed.

Fuck my post makes much less sense than when I thought it over.

Legend Karim

Bronze Member
/Clamp and /Speed and /Ticket are awesome !!!!

BUT /see sucks coz it's kinda not RP !, I think the police could do /removemasks to people even if their un-cuffed.

Mathers

Donator
In the UK we've got the speed cameras right? They can pick up speeds in both lanes if it's a normal road and mounted over it; We could base it off of that and just do /speed (bringing up all cars speeds close to the cruiser that does the cmd)

Or /speed [id]

Which would be like the actual speed gun - bringing up the car in questions id - But it has to be directly diagonal/in front (Reason because you might not be able to type the id in quick enough/they might also be masked)

Alec

Retired Admin
Could be done as:

If you just type /speed then itll get the closest vehicle for you.
If you type /speed and a valid ID then you get their speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.