What's new

Skins and IC skin colors

Status
Not open for further replies.

fredinand

Bronze Member
There is a character on RCRP who has been IC black since he became a character; the player used to use different Ballas skins. Recently, he started using a Cesar skin but still roleplaying being black in-character.
The only rule I saw about this was listed in "roleplay standards" thread, that once you pick a character's skin color it has to stay that until CK or namechange. However no rule in rules and reglations specifically mentions this issue. Rule 0 (common sense) is explicitly said not to be used for complaints.
So my question is this: how loosely are skin colors regulated? Are people allowed to use white or latino skins and roleplay being black in character? I think this causes confusion and may benefit the player in question when trying to remain unidentified, for example in a 911 call.

JackTheHunter

Gold Member
that guy cant have a latino skin, simply for the fact that its reserved for latino rpers, just like white and asian skins. he's basically switched races and has to be reported

.stephen

Retired Admin
Skins are majorly OOC (eg. you can RP your char wearing different clothes or having a bit different facial features than what the skin suggests), however you can't use an African American skin RPing a white char nor the other way around. When you choose your character's race once, they're stuck with it.
Hope this explains it, @fredinand =)
Any other questions or Im good to L&A this?

fredinand

Bronze Member
The issue has been resolved and the player given a warning, however it might be useful to include this specific rule in rules and regulations as there is nothing explicitly pertaining this information.

Safe to L&A this, thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.