What's new

SignText: Can't create font

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corvus

Silver Member
XLJdpv1.png

So, I get this. I assume these are the texts on the custom road signs that were server-made. Sometimes it's doing alright, but sometimes I pass by these signs and I get this. Eventually when I get more of these I get my game crashed. Anyone knows what could the issue be? No idea what triggers this, too.

Uproar

melancholy
Retired Admin
I only had this with a TacticalCompass (PUBG Compass) mod but I am pretty sure graffiti can cause this too.
If you have any other HUD mods which use any font apart from Arial, that could be the issue too.

Corvus

Silver Member
I get this too sometimes. Pretty sure its caused by the mass influx of random & ridiculous "tags" littering the server.
But does that make you crash?

I only had this with a TacticalCompass (PUBG Compass) mod but I am pretty sure graffiti can cause this too.
If you have any other HUD mods which use any font apart from Arial, that could be the issue too.
I got some HUD mod too, not even sure what kind of HUD it is, I've been having it for a long time.
Thing is, I got a new laptop recently, I transferred my GTA from the old laptop to my new one. Things don't run as smooth as they did in the old laptop. Not sure what would the problem be in the new laptop.

Uproar

melancholy
Retired Admin
^
@Corvus Most HUD mods (especially GTA IV and V huds) have custom fonts which cause this. Try uninstalling your HUD mods and see if the issue prevails.
If it still does, and since you're unsure of what exact HUD mod you're using - just get a clean copy of GTA SA and you should be good to go.

Corvus

Silver Member
Alright, I'll install the original hud and I'll let you know what's up. Thanks.

Corvus

Silver Member
Sorry, totally forgot. Reinstalled the game, seems running good now. It's solved.

fizzle

Retired Admin
x2et7ba.png

This topic has been archived due to one of the reasons below:

• The topic is outdated.
  • The topic is deemed as inappropriate.
  • Forum rules were broken.
  • The topic is no longer needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.