What's new

Denied Signal left/right

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ciovo

Silver Member
Well, while this update brought hazards , let's also add blinkers. Some dudes like me use /ame's to signal where's my intention to go, but some people don't see my /ame's, also my keybind's broken. Anyways, I don't know if this thing is posibile in SAMP, but it would be cool.
The comands should be /(b)left /(b)right (I put b in brakets because it would be optional for the player to write the b or no)
Anyways, in my opinion this would be awesome, and maybe this will lower the accidents.
Tell your opinion here about this suggestion

Earl

Head of Maps
Management
Earl said:
Tommy and myself have already tested the possibility of implementing vehicle indicators, but eventually ended up scrapping the idea as there was no good way to implement them. Here's my quote from another suggestion about indicators:
Earl said:
It has been discussed before, but the idea has four main downsides:
  • There's only one flashing orange light object in the game, and it's more of a warning light - it works in a similar fashion to the police sirens (but it's orange), it makes everything around the car orange at night, which can be quite annoying.
  • It could easily cause both server sided and client sided lag in places like Montgomery - the appareance and disappearance of the light objects - server lag, the constantly changing lighting of the area - client lag.
  • The orange flashing light object is not visible during certain weathers (for example ID 1, 2 and 3, and some more), so if those were set either via the server or an admin - the indicators would be useless.
  • Adding such a script would require a massive work of coord gathering - it takes about 15 minutes to get the four coords for four blinkers (front and back), so doing that for all the vehicles in the game would take lots and lots of time, even if the testers did it together.
It is also not possible to use headlights & back lights as indicators, as back lights are only able to blink together - and having indicators that work only at the front of a vehicle isn't really a good idea.

NaSa

Donator
Earl's right.
The hazards are the best we can have for now. If only they were slightly faster.
But they work dope.

Kisza_Break

Bronze Member
That wont work.. desync and probably lots of lag when too much users around using it. It would be awesome to have it. But dunno how it could work "perfectly" like other systems.

Beth

Donator

DENIED
This suggestion has been denied by the administration and development team.

Tester/Developer: Beth
Additional Information: Already denied previously.

Status
Not open for further replies.