What's new

Denied Scripted MMB Binds for cops

Status
Not open for further replies.

Icy

Gold Member
On my cop, I'm using Autohotkeys. But a major problem is, that when I run(holding down W) and I use a macro, a W usually sneaks in there and messes the commands up, unless I stop, which I can't, as then I'll loose the suspect, if I'm chasing someone.

I suggest a "/copbind" command. When you use it, it opens up a menu:

Bind action to Middle Mouse Button:
1: Tazer
2: /speed(When this is implemented)
3: Shout
4: Megaphone

More could be added.

3 and 4 opens up a input box, where you can input the command to be said in /m or /s when it's used. Like, 3: Shout - Input: RCSD, Freeze or you will be fired at! - And I would shout that whenever I clicked Middle Mouse Button, the "look behind" key.

You could bind different cop functions here. I think it would be useful in situations where you simply can't stop up and type shit in, whereas in IRL you wouldn't have to.

Crusty

Platinum Member
Icy_Blight said:
On my cop, I'm using Autohotkeys. But a major problem is, that when I run(holding down W) and I use a macro, a W usually sneaks in there and messes the commands up, unless I stop, which I can't, as then I'll loose the suspect, if I'm chasing someone.

I suggest a "/copbind" command. When you use it, it opens up a menu:

Bind action to Middle Mouse Button:
2: /speed(When this is implemented)
3: Shout
4: Megaphone

More could be added.

3 and 4 opens up a input box, where you can input the command to be said in /m or /s when it's used. Like, 3: Shout - Input: RCSD, Freeze or you will be fired at! - And I would shout that whenever I clicked Middle Mouse Button, the "look behind" key.

You could bind different cop functions here. I think it would be useful in situations where you simply can't stop up and type shit in, whereas in IRL you wouldn't have to.
Will the bind be saved?

Icy

Gold Member
Alec said:
How can I make it say "/m " ot will this just use a default action?
I'm not quite sure, but perhaps make an array that stores the input text of the input dailog, then put that text into a string format, and execute that if Megaphone has been chosen as bind and you press MMB.

Or just make it like this:

2: Speedgun
3: Shout commands
4: Megaphone commands

And when you open 3 and 4, there are menu's like:

Shout commands:
1: Freeze and /handsup (would execute "/s POLICE! Freeze and put your hands in the air[/handsup]!")
2: Drop weapons and /handsup (would execute: "/s POLICE! Drop your weapons and put your hands in the air[/handsup]!")
3: Surrender or be shot (would execute "/s POLICE! Surrender or we will open fire!")

Megaphone commands:
1: Pull over (would execute "/m POLICE - Pull your vehicle over to the right side!")
2: Engine off (would execute "/m Turn your engine off[/eoff] and remain seated!")
3: Stop or be shot (would execute "/m POLICE! Stop your vehicle or immobilization force will be used!")

Above should be used if it isn't possible to save your own inputs.

Status
Not open for further replies.