What's new

San Andreas State Police Closure - What Next?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jamie™

Banned

(( It's simple, to be honest. The Department became stagnant, RP standards dropped, the department's image to the server dropped. Our Media Topic is my main example,
our media topic as an unofficial faction wouldn't even be brought up in a discussion with Faction Administration for official, and with so many great examples of Factions,
mainly by Yung Lee, Paxie etcetera is outstanding and raised the bar. We stayed under, and was sick of looking at situations watching Troopers stand around. My main sort of "excuse" for this is how old most of our characters were. Mark Cambridge is a 6/7 year old character, where as far as I'm concerned, has been developed fully. It got boring for me, meaning it got boring to RP with me. We've taken the decision to make all Command and Executive Staff to CK and begin this faction with new characters, focused on what the server is based around, and that is roleplay. This wasn't possible with the State Police so a new, fresh looking faction with a new forum, logos and images to start something which the server has never seen before.

A roleplay LEO faction? Unheard of, and I can assure everyone who thinks this is questionable - the focus we all have on roleplay this time around is something which we personally have never had, and this is going to be the best Law Enforcement Faction to date. ))

The San Andreas State Police will cease to exist as of Friday, the 22nd of September 2017, specifically in the evening. At this point in time, it will immediately hand over all Law Enforcement responsibilities, where the Sheriff will be sworn in to service by the San Andreas State Court. At this point in time, the San Andreas County Sheriff's Office begins,
with foundations which give us the possibility to become something amazing.

Everything explained above about being more focused on the Community we serve is the primary difference. In addition, our Organizational and Divisional structure will be different. To start off, our Recruitment and Training system will be condensed to a shorter period, and combined into one Unit. This makes us more efficient during our training stages allowing progression and career choices available much quicker than before.

Secondly, we'll be removing all medical aspects from the Department. Previously ESU held ambulances and were one of the primary medical practitioners within the County.
With the reformation of the Red County Fire Department, this is no longer required allowing us to focus on our own, Community and Field based units. We will still have certified medics within the Department within SWAT for high risk situations, however they will not be responding to medical 911 calls. This responsibility will now fall solely onto the RCFD.

Thirdly, our Detectives will be given an entire re-haul. Rather than this being an entirely separate ranking bracket, it will be aligned beside the Non-Commissioned Officers bracket and will give us a real, definitive career path. It also allows members of the Department to move up to supervisory ranks while still being a Detective, rather than sacrificing this.

Finally, correctional services. Having the State Police didn't give any form of room for a correctional service, however bringing ourselves into the picture then opens this door open entirely. Within the next couple of months we will be seeking to have a County Jail constructed in Dillimore, specifically the Solarin Industries building, bringing in a proper correctional procedure for criminals in the State.

These are only a few changes, but we will be bringing much, much more in the coming months.
Witting said:
(( I joined the server in early August, 2014. From this point, I really wanted to get into the San Andreas State Police (which had just rebranded from the Red County Sheriff Department prior), I eventually got my opportunity in October - however lost my position as a Cadet after driving a fire engine into LemonPower who was an administrator at the time. I got really salty OOCly that I lost my spot ended up banned for five days. I chilled out and applied for the next batch and was accepted in November. At first, I just came in game occasionally but slowly over the time I developed a huge interest in the server and the SASP. I have seen the San Andreas State Police develop from day one and it has been a very long and rigorous journey. I have made my fair share of mistakes within the faction - and I thank those who have given me the chance to give my input and work towards the department. As we move onto the San Andreas County Sheriff Office I just wanted to make this post to thank all faction members, past and present, without the members we would have achieved nothing, whether you were just a probationary or a member of the High Command. I'm really happy with the team we have moving forward, there is a huge refreshed feeling with us all from the top down and I'm looking forward to seeing what we can achieve together and make a really positive impact to the server and the community.

One last thing.
April 2016 - Present (SASP) Mark Cambridge - Colonel
September 2017 - Present (SACSO) Thomas Walker - Sheriff

Here's to another few years of prosperity and growth. ))

As a Sheriff's Department, our main focus is on the community. Serving, protecting and safeguarding assets and people. We will be trying hard to make sure that we sideswipe the previous iterations of Police Departments and bring a brand new, fresh and vibrant Department.

(( I want to close this with an OOC message. I'm extremely sad, the SASP has been something which I feel that I built up to the standard it is now and I feel like the progress we made since my return in November 2015 is outstanding. The people I have met, and people who have been under me during my 18 months of leadership are some of the best people I've met, and I hope this works, for them.

I will be giving this my all, and it genuinely is going to be the best LEO Faction that the server has seen. We needed this, as a leadership and as a community.

As I said it's a very sad day for me, as I very much seen SASP as my own little thing and to see it go will be very difficult.

However, I am driven and very optimistic for what is next and I haven't feel this motivated since I first got High Command in 2012. This will be a great step forward, and I can't wait to look back in a couple of months and see how far we've come from this. ))

Dedicated to your safety, the desire to serve your community.

Integrity, Leadership, Partnership, Service, Responsibility.
The Five Foundations.

Sheriff Thomas Walker,
San Andreas County Sheriff's Office.

Smally

Retired Admin
I'm really excited to drive this new department forward :) The work all of us have put in over these last 3 days has been astonishing.

Jamie™

Banned
Arky said:
https://redcountyrp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=34&p=1810310#p1810310
All due respect, this is looking for constructive things regarding the change, not contextless criticism. The name is what it is.

Arky

Retired Admin
Jamie™ said:
Arky said:
https://redcountyrp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=34&p=1810310#p1810310
All due respect, this is looking for constructive things regarding the change, not contextless criticism. The name is what it is.
(( Alright, best of luck Jamie, I know you have a lot of work ahead of you. ))

Status
Not open for further replies.