What's new

SAM Broadcaster Tutorial

Beth

Donator
lS6vJ43.png

SAM Broadcaster Guide
This guide was originally posted by myself on the SAN Network forum. I'm re-posting here to help people interested in streaming - in particular those interested in joining "San Andreas Live". There is other software out there but I'm stuck in my old ways and find this the easiest way!

Downloading SAM Broadcaster
Before you start, you'll need to install Firebird here. When you've done this, you can take your pick of SAM Broadcaster versions. I personally use a rather old version, but the main difference is only aesthetically. Due to forum restrictions I'm unable to post links to SAM Broadcaster but it's easy to find 4.2.2 online (or PM me but I didn't say that nope).

Bonus: VAC (not needed but can be used to double DJ - not my link).

When you've downloaded SAM Broadcaster, you need to ensure that you select Firebird as the database.

---

Adding an Encoder
When you've downloaded SAM Broadcaster, the first thing you'll want to do is add an encoder. Your encoder box is typically found on Deck B although I've moved mine to Deck A. You can do that here.

To add an encoder, click here:
U8dmThX.png

For m9Radio you'll need to select MP3 (Normal) as your encoder.
Z2mXFmh.png

...and the highest quality of audio.
V7gpWzG.png

When you've done this, enter the relevant details in order to stream.
7hqIb9C.png

Then simply select your select your chosen encoder and press play to connect, and stop to disconnect!
V2gcE0F.png

---

Adding Music
When you've added an encoder, you're going to need some music to play! This is, again, very easy.

Simply go to your queue and click the plus!
uu6qBOr.png

Your files will then open up, here you can select as many as you like and they will add to your queue.

You can also save your current queue as a playlist, to easily add to your queue again later.
U6h8GpE.png
Click Save As M3U to do this.

When you're ready to play music, ensure AutoDJ or Queue are selected up at the top. AutoDJ will play your music continually and when your queue is finished it'll find music from your history. Queue will play your queue in its entirety continually but stop when your queue ends.
IgPDz4n.png

---

Speaking on Air
Now you're connected to your stream and you can play music, it's time to make your stream more personal. Ensure your mic is set up in "Voice FX", somewhat like this:
oWBLYfB.png

To get your mic ready to speak, click "Mic Off" and your mic will be ready for you to speak on air. This will not make you audible, however. To have your voice heard, you need to either press to talk or lock talk - I personally find lock talk a lot easier but you need to ensure you click it again when you're done speaking.

You'll also need to lower your music so you can be heard, please see below:
7cXs7Bm.png

Remember to turn your music up when you're finished speaking!

---

Adding Someone Else to your Stream
When you've mastered the above, you may want to take your stream to the next level and invite your friends on air with you. There's no easy way to explain this, so I've provided a few images which, if you follow correctly, will work for you. This method uses Discord.

Firstly you need to install VAC from the link at the top of this post. When you've done this, open up 3 of "Audio Repeater (MME)".
TnS554r.png

Now, simply follow the three images in the below spoiler. As long as your settings resemble these, you'll have no issue having your friend heard on air with you.

Sp5GlRX.png

KPM9wgC.png

3H86XK0.png

When your settings are as above, simply use your microphone as usual and both yourself and your friend will be audible on your stream.

Conclusion
This tutorial covers the basics of SAM Broadcaster and enables you to host a successful stream! SAM Broadcaster is definitely something that's worth exploring in more detail, although a very old method, it's probably the easiest (in my opinion).

If you need any more help feel free to ask!​

Giga

Donator
> Beth
> Knowing technical procedures

WHERE IS THE REAL BETH?!

A useful guide, though I have not touched SAM Broadcaster in a long time since I rely on another software for audio streaming.

Beth

Donator
> Beth
> Knowing technical procedures

WHERE IS THE REAL BETH?!

A useful guide, though I have not touched SAM Broadcaster in a long time since I rely on another software for audio streaming.
I learned on Habbo in like 2010 shhh

m99T

Donator
Dont be fooled, I taught her everything she knows!

Good to see m9Radio is still alive, since 2014 no less!

If you are looking for something with a little more DJ capability you could also try MiXXX, which works perfectly with Icecast also.

Beth

Donator
Dont be fooled, I taught her everything she knows!

Good to see m9Radio is still alive, since 2014 no less!

If you are looking for something with a little more DJ capability you could also try MiXXX, which works perfectly with Icecast also.
nuh uh i learned on habbo retros in 2011ish!

Beth

Donator
A couple of people have asked this now: SAM does not automatically give you a stream. You must purchase/obtain one and input the details. @m99T sells them if you’re interested or like I say you can apply for my faction and I will give you the details to stream.