• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

RPing injuries and such

Status
Not open for further replies.
IG Name
Nathan_Henderson
IG Faction
S.A.C.F.D
Ok, so a lot of new players, atleast one fifth don't know how to RP such basic casualties such as...

-Injuries
-Kidnapping
-Robberies
-Police Situations

So, where do you start? At the top of course...

Injuries

Many players who are not used to SAMP or even GTA at all cannot drive the best, therefor, RP as if you are like a teenager or someone new to the driving expierence. So obviously if you are new and or nervious to the driving expierence, act as such, drive slowly and/or nervously. No one is going to blame you for getting in a crash into a telephone post (Maybe their car they may get ticked...) In real life many new drivers cause crashes. (Don't go excessive on it, For RCRP's sake!) If you get in a crash act your injuries by some simple commands...

To RP that you are unconsious or irresponsive: /me is unconsious
To RP that you can't breathe: /me is sufficating
To RP that you are locked or jammed in your car: /me Attempts to open the door but failed, and /me attempts to kick the door open (You pick either it is successful or unsuccessful, not someone else. That is called Powergaming.)

/me's and /do's are often mistaken. /Do's are used for things such as progress or to let a person know if they succesfully do something or not (This must be used if they are trying to get something or do something to you, or it too is powergaming.) /do's are not meant for chat! strangers do this to keep their Identity hidden, but unless the person with the stranger is a Metagamer (Using OOC informations ICly.) Which is against the rules.
/me's are used to show that you are doing an action, like /me attempts to kick the man. then they would have to do /do S/F? (Success or Fail) to make it a more enjoyable RP expierence.

The next step is the one below the top...

Kidnapping

Ok, Kidnapping is not the crime you have to most happening, although the profits can be good, it takes serious planning too. Kidnappers do not want to hurt the person, they want to get their money (Or soon to be, hopefully) and drop them off in town. Some commands that they will use are...

They will RP to frisk you or attempt they will first use, /me attempts to frisk you. Then... /do S/F? (Success or Fail) You must type /do S If they are successful or /do F if they fail. If they fail they will ask why they failed, you answer this in /do [reason](EX. /do I resisted and squirmed away.) then they will use a command to frisk, or check you. that command is /frisk. NOTE: The kidnapper(s) may only use this if the frisk in Succesful, if the kidnapper(s) fail to do this after you stated that they failed use /report [ID] [Powergaming, Frisked after RPed stated that they failed] or something like that.

Being tied is where I messed up once, I called the cops while I was tied up, therefor forcing them to get busted, This can result in a temp ban or a 1hr Admin Jail Sentence (Don't RP in admin jail, only normal jail...) Also kidnappers half to /untie [ID] to get you out of the car. Most of the time they will say in /b that you are still tied up RPingly. So, go with it and go with them, Don't call the cops are PM anyone, PMing someone in this is considered Metagaming. (Best off to avoid...)

Kidnappers will most likely just keep you in a corner or in a quiet place.

Robberies

Ok, so you are being robbed after being drove to somewhere quiet, (If its not quiet type this "/b Go to a more quiet place so it'd be more RP like") They will mostlikely have a gun, (If they do not have the gun still RP your fear, act as if they are a lot stronger than you or act as if they have an unfair advantage above you) and they will tell you to put your hands up, you know how to do that? Guess... /handsup is the command. NEVER put your hands up, then run off. (That is Non-RP and that will result in a admin jail if you are really lucky. If you are the average person you will get a temp ban, never post a ban appeal for a temp ban, if worse a perminant ban. This you may make a ban appeal for.)

NOTE: They are only allowed to take up to 5 grand, nothing more. People will often kill you after a robbery, This is against rule number 27, if killed you may report the person, they will be either admin jailed or temp banned, If it is reoccoring it will end in a perminant ban. If they kill you (After you report) do not call the cops, (Even though they broke the rules, still RP!) your dead, you don't remember them. So it'd be MGing.

Police situations

Police situations are one of the worse things to get involved in, If you get involved in a kidnapping you have a possibility of getting cought if you never killed the person. If you get arrested that goes on your perminant record, unfortunately no one will hire you for an official faction.

Police will ask you to put your hands up... once again its /handsup, that will try to frisk you, the same prosediuer as above. They have the right to take any
mat(erials) that you have. If you have 100 or more they may arrest you because you could be making weapons. Cops will not MG your name, at the police station yuou will have to tell them your name so they may put it into the computer. You will be drug into a cell and locked up up to 1hr.

The End

If anyone has any additional information or corrections let me know whether its by a PM on the forums or In game. Or simply leave a post below, Thanks! Hope you enjoy your RC-RP expeirence!

IG Name
Robby Wilkinson
Nice guide and can be useful. Oh, and you're NOT allowed to kill your victim after you robbed them. It can result in a a-jail/temp-ban.

IG Name
Brian Duffy
IG Faction
The Winter Hill
27.Killing after a Robbery / Scam is disallowed.Those who are found to be breaching this rule will be warned and temporarily banned. Persistant rule breakers may be permanently banned from the server.

IG Name
-
IG Faction
-
Nathan_Maderz said:
To RP that you are locked or jammed in your car: /me Attempts to open the door but failed, and /me attempts to kick the door open (You pick either it is successful or unsuccessful, not someone else. That is called Powergaming.)
You mean you should type it like this :" /attempt to kick the door open "

IG Name
Nathan_Henderson
IG Faction
S.A.C.F.D
Giga said:
Nice guide and can be useful. Oh, and you're NOT allowed to kill your victim after you robbed them. It can result in a a-jail/temp-ban.
Everyone kills me afterwards a robbery, I thought it was a normal thing, i'll change this right away.

Status
Not open for further replies.