[ROLEPLAYING] How to Properly Roleplay Snow and Cold Weather

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skye

Donator
How to PROPERLY roleplay snow and cold weather

1. Don't powergame!
This should be fairly straight forward. Don't RP some guy who wears a T-shirt in 20 degrees Farenheit weather. I do it all the time in real life, and I'm always sick. Which moves us to our next point.

2. Get sick!
Getting sick is realistic, shows you know how to RP the given situation and is all in all a fun way to experience some variety in the everyday RP situations. (Cough on the cop pulling you over, heh.)

3. If you're not sick, be cold.
This should be obvious. Any part of you that isn't covered will get cold. If you have six layers on your torso and legs and head, but no gloves, your hands will be cold. In real life, sometimes when I forgot to put gloves on and I'm having a snowball fight or something, my hands get so cold that afterward when they stop being numb I usually have to keep them under cold water or the heat difference is too painful.

4. If the roads aren't plowed, don't drive on them.
If you try to drive on unplowed snow with regular car tires, you won't have a good experience.

5. RP the ice/slippery roads and have a car crash or two.
Slippery roads suck, and cause a lot of accidents. If you slide into someone or something, blame it on the ice, not lag!

6. Blow your nose before sniffing coke.
You can't snort if all the snot is blocking you off.. blow your nose!

7. Turn the heater on in your car as you drive.
It's a minor roleplay action that adds to the depth of the roleplay.

8. Shovel the snow by your house if you expect to get inside.
I believe it was two years ago, here in New York during Christmas time, we had an epic snowstorm. I had to dig tunnels in the snow because we didn't have a shovel. It was quite fun for a 11 year old.. (I'd do it again).. But if you don't shovel, you ain't getting in or out. So shovel!

9. RP the power or internet going out.
It happens, when hurricane Sandy hit the lights flickered, though luckily the power didn't go out or surge. But it happened in a lot of places! Wind fucks with trees and trees fuck with power lines. You can also roleplay not being able to use the phone, though I haven't heard of that happening with cellphones, though maybe with the phone system in '95 it could've. (I have no idea, do some research.)

10. Adjust your weapon scopes.
For those who use scoped weapons, winter clothing pushes the scope further away or at a different length from your eye than it's normally at. You gotta adjust that.

11. RP your aim being a bit shaky/off.
When you get cold, you shiver and shake and it's harder to aim precisely. RP it!

12. Salt.
When the roads get icy, it's common for your driveways to get icy as-well. Make sure to RP salting your driveways, walkways, sidewalks, etc. in order to protect yourself and others from ice-related injuries, and prevent your car, or your friends cars, from sliding into your house or garage door.

13. Don't offroad
Driving/off-roading on packed snow is one thing. But it's merely impossible to off-road on unpacked snow, merely because the vehicle will either sink or get stuck.

14. Turn on the heating.
Even if it's not snowing, hasn't snowed or never snows, it gets cold inside your house, among all buildings. Turn on the heat by twisting the valve. [Be creative with this one.]

15. RP your vehicle breaking down.
Cars don't like cold. For example, old cars are seen more commonly in places like California, because the climate permits such. Somewhere colder, such as New York, won't have as many. Among other things, such as less tire compression due to cold air contracting, batteries four or more years old can die, and newer batteries will deteriorate and become less efficient.

16. Create RP with it!
There are many good RP opportunities for RP. For example, governmental factions can RP trees and things falling down and having to take care of it. (Axiom or ET?). Think about it.

17. Vermin
In winter/when it snows, rats and mice and such can get around without being hunted easier. Therefore, they eat and survive easier and thus reproduce easier, causing there to be more. RP a rat or mouse at least once before the snow season ends in RCRP.

~Will be updated as I experience more things in real life!

IG Name
Dante Garrison
Re: How to Properly Roleplay Snow and Cold Weather

Those are all quite nice bits of information. A lot of them are pretty small to where I would have never thought of them. That's good that you point them out.
I'd also like to point out that you could apply some of the same things to hot weather. (Example: Wearing tons of layers on a sunny day.)

However, how cold does it get in the counties? I don't imagine it ever snowing...

Skye

Donator
Re: How to Properly Roleplay Snow and Cold Weather

Dronzin said:
Looks like you accidentally double posted this. I suggest you deleting one. I'll post on this one in order to have this one stay.
(If you still can that is. If you can't, reporting the other one would be nice.)

On topic: Those are all quite nice bits of information. A lot of them are pretty small to where I would have never thought of them. That's good that you point them out.
I'd also like to point out that you could apply some of the same things to hot weather. (Example: Wearing tons of layers on a sunny day.)

However, how cold does it get in the counties? I don't imagine it ever snowing...
Deleted the other one sorry about that. My goal is to get people RPing little things like you said.

To be honest, I agree with you about the counties not being cold. But the majority of the community wants to RP snow, and so be it. However, I refuse to, I will NOT roleplay snow in Bone County and cold weather only at night.

Christopher

Retired Admin
IG Name
Christopher Paul
Re: [ROLEPLAYING] How to Properly Roleplay Snow and Cold Wea

Good to see people are making guides on this, hopefully we get the word out so we have some cool RP for the winter time :D

IG Name
Jasper Riley.
IG Faction
SANews Co.

Just a quick additive if you want it....

12. Salt.
When the roads get icy, it's common for your driveways to get icy as-well. Make sure to RP salting your driveways, walkways, sidewalks, etc. in order to protect yourself and others from ice-related injuries, and prevent your car, or your friends cars, from sliding into your house or garage door.

*Added by Cacksii*

Skye

Donator

Cacksii said:
Just a quick additive if you want it....

12. Salt.

*Added by Cacksii*
Completely slipped my mind - thanks!

Earl

Management
IG Name
Earl Williams

Very nice guide. :thumbup:

IG Name
they want my full name
IG Faction
i told em rockstar

nice guide tehehe mistar skye.

IG Name
Jack Colton
IG Faction
Retired DOC

Nice guide! (read it when you posted it but forgot to comment hehe...)

Skye

Donator

now im famous

Status
Not open for further replies.