[Roleplaying] How to actually roleplay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
IG Name
Brian Duffy
IG Faction
The Winter Hill
In this guide I will try to explain actually HOW to roleplay really good.
This will not make you powergaming and everything else.

Summary:
Powergaming
Non-roleplaying Fear
Deathmatching
Metagaming
Side jobs
How to buy a car
How to reach a higher level
How to become a helper / helper mod

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now is the question, What is powergaming and how can you avoid it?​
I will tell you a pretty good examples to not powergame.
Powergaming is when you are forcing someone to a action that you want to be made. This can be from, That I want to hit a guy in the face and I just type /me hits the guy in the face and nothing else. That is totally powergaming, What you actually have to do is: Make your action towards the player you want to do it against. Ask them in /do if they are moving or trying to evade the hit. So this is a good example on what you are going to do. ''Derek Morgan lifts up his hand in the air and swings a hit into James Lake's face.'' ((Derek Morgan)): Does it connect? Do I hit you in the face? That was a pretty good example how to avoid powergaming. That we don't want on the server and it comes up a few complaints about powergaming aswell. You can ask in /do if you miss or hit them in the face as I stated above. Examples for /do: /do Do I hit you in the face with my hand?, /do Does it connect? Do I hit you in the face?, /do Do you make any sudden movements to avoid the hit?, It could be much more but that is a few examples how to avoid it. If this didn't clean your head up to avoid powergaming, Feel free to post in this guide or PM me on the forum or Ingame.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The second section is Non-roleplaying fear​
- This mean that you dosn't roleplay that you got a gun against your face for a example. What do you do in real life if a guy pulls out a gun and aims at you? You don't run away is a clearly answer. You just stand there scared as fuck. Trying to do everything to survive. Doing as the gun pointer telling you to do. It dosn't have to be a gun, If can be a gang that is surrounding you with bats and in real life you would have shit your pants. You just gonna stand there and do what they say, There is no need to try to flee from the situation unless an army of cops pulls up and tells the gang to drop the bat. If this didn't clean your head up to avoid non-roleplaying fear, Feel free to post in this guide or PM me on the forum or Ingame.

The third part of the guide is deathmatching,​
What is actually deathmatching? ''Deathmatching'', Killing when you are dead? No. It is simple that you are killing people without reasons, If you join the server and don't know what to do, The simple answer here is to use the /n[ewbie] as you say in the tutorial just before the quiz. In /n you can ask everything that is server related but you may not abuse /n if you are going to say something like ''Hello, I like balls''. We just want some server related questions in the newbie chat. So.. When you join the server, Please don't start to hit random people without a reason. They maybe got a ugly skin in your opinion but that dosn't make you to DM them. They maybe got something of value on them and you just destroy it for them. That ain't funny if that would have happen to you eh? Don't think so.. If this didn't clean your head up to deathmatching, Feel free to post in this guide or PM me on the forum or Ingame.

The fourth part of the guide is ''Metagaming'',​
What is that actually? Metagaming is when you are using OOC information in IC situations. I will give you a example. ''Hello, Robin. I looked up at your nametag and saw your name.'' That is clearly metagaming and you would get banned if you passed the quiz by ''Quiz Cheating''. This means that you will have two lifes and you will have to seperate them from each other. That information you know in your real life, Please don't take it in your game life. There is no need to metagame and take the punishment, Why just don't make it good directly? Good idea. If this didn't clean your head up to metgaming, Feel free to post in this guide or PM me on the forum or Ingame.

Side Jobs, What can a side job be?
Woaw. It is what is spells, A job that you are doing when your not working on your mainly one.
Sweeping is when you are cleaning the road in Palomino Creek, Trying to earn some money to buy a car? That is a good idea.

The earning you get on this is: Your Sweeper Level x 250 and small random extra.

What are you doing when you are doing the trucking job? You will drive from the trucking station to the destination the radar says that you are going to. Then you will have to export something to another destination. This will really help you with the money.

The earning you get on this is: Short: 500, Medium: 1500, Long: 2000. Then, your truck level x 75.

Bus Driver, It is what it is called. You will drive the bus from station to station, Follow the radar tips.

The earning you get on this is: $10 per stop and $500 for completing the whole route.

Sprunk Delivery, You will deliver food / other things to diffrent locations and you will earn easy money on that.

The earning you get on this is: Your Delivery Level x 500 and medium random extra.

Coalmine is when you are picking up big rocks from the red icons that is location on your radar / on the road. You will follow the red icons and at the end you will earn money, It's that easy.

The earning you get on this is: Your Coalminer Level x 500 and small random extra.

Trash Collector, Means what is sounds like. You go around in Fort Carson and picks up all the trashes that bussinesses throwed out in their composts.

The earning you get on this is: Your Trash Level x 1000 and small random extra​

How can you get a car smooth and simple?​
One thing is that you go to the dealership and use /viewstock or /viewcars that will show if you got enough cash for the car you want. If not, Go make some side jobs to get the cash the price is needed to buy the car. You need to be atleast level 3 to buy a car, Before it were a system that the server came up to the max of buyed car and you needed to buy a car from another player but Alec upgraded the system so the vehicles is unlimited now. You can maximum have 3 cars on your account. You can buy a car from the dealership that is located within Dillimore or you can buy a car from another player.

How to reach a higher level?
Yes, This depends on how many hours you play on Red County Roleplay. You can play +31 minutes to get 1 experience point. If you play +61 minutes you will get 2 experience points, And aswell for +91 minutes, Then you will get 3 experience points.((If you are a level 1 donator, You get one more, Level 2 Donator: 2 More, Level 3 Donator: 3 More, Level 4 Donator: 4 More.)) By checking how many minutes you have played on Red County Roleplay you can check it by the command /stats, This will show how long time since the last payday were that you took. This will show your level/faction/faction rank/weapon skill/cash and much more. This is a really good command to show much long you played Red County Roleplay.

How can you become a helper / helper mod?
This is a good question and I will answer it for you. You can become helper / helper mod on 1 way now, ONLY! If you know alot of the server and know the answers it will be pretty easy to become a helper / helper mod. The more you know about the server, The easier. If a newbie asks in the newbie chat for a example now: *Newbie Derek Morgan: Hello.
*Newbie James Lake: Hello and welcome to Red County Roleplay Derek, If you got any questions that is server related to ask, Ask them here. This is not a public chat to chat with people.
*Helper Phillip Wilkison: James, This is your 1/2 warning for answering before 30 seconds so a helper / helper mod answers.
Then the helper Phillip Wilkinson is wrong, Because if you give a right and good answer to let the newbie understand it's a really good answer.

Thanks for readin through all this, Enjoy the guide and feel free to reply with any questions or PM me.

-Wazzup

IG Name
Jack Tanner
IG Faction
Bum
Re: How to actually roleplay.

Well what I got out from this that this is more guide to the current roleplayers than the new ones, good guide though. I noticed few mistakes, mainly spelling mistakes and shit, but I'll correct them later on for ya'.

Nice guide otherwise!

IG Name
Zomane Roootcha
IG Faction
Blacklist 101

Sorry but this doesn't tell us exactly how to roleplay. It's more of a beginner's guide

Chris

Gold Member
IG Name
Damian Lost

Zomane said:
Sorry but this doesn't tell us exactly how to roleplay. It's more of a beginner's guide

Rich

Donator
IG Name
Raymond Campbell

And still have doesn't include that /do resistance isn't really required.

I beleive half of this tutorial was already made by Alec and Mathers, I think?

Status
Not open for further replies.