What's new

Revamp of Official Faction Paychecks (Government, Legal & Illegal)

Kemp

Retired Admin

Revamp of Official Faction Paychecks (Government, Legal & Illegal)

[legend=#B40000◦ Introduction ]white
Hey guys,

As I stated in this topic, I have planned to reshape and reimplement faction paychecks. Before today, most factions had a weird paycheck system which wasn't in any way systematic, incremental or balanced. Therefore, I have balanced out the paycheck between the ranks. The average paycheck most factions receives is the same, as some ranks have seen an increase in their paychecks and some a slight decrease in the interest of fairness and making the paychecks more incremental. However, for government factions the paycheck system is deliberately written to correspond with the rank and not the rank value (i.e. 1,2,3) like it is in most other factions. This is tailored to ensure the factions and faction ranks which most deserve a higher payment receive one, whilst the factions and faction ranks which don't need a higher payment won't receive one.

An example on how I've worked to keep the economy balanced is seeing as I have increased the RCFD's paychecks quite substantially to boost activity and interest in the faction, I have decreased the paychecks for most SASP non-commissioned Troopers. This is mainly because Troopers have several other ways of earning money through our monthly newsletter and in-game paychecks aren't a necessity for them as in-game activity isn't motivated by that mean and I don't believe it'll be affected, whereas with RCFD the outcome is different.
[/legend]

[legend=#B40000◦ Government Factions ]white
As stated in the Introduction, I have adjusted and tailored the paychecks for Government factions specific to the individual faction and the individual faction's ranking merit.

Faction Rank Median Paycheck Value is a value calculated by placing all of the paycheck values in order for each faction by faction rank (both values naturally increase numerically) and the midpoint / middle number will be the median paycheck value. I have found this to be the fairest and most accurate way of calculating an average paycheck since they're mostly incremental. If the total faction ranks number is odd, the median paycheck value is the middle number. If the total faction ranks number is even, the median is the mean of the two number values in the middle.

Aperture Corporation
Faction Leader paycheck: $5,000.
Total Faction Ranks Receiving Pay: 10.
Faction Rank Median Paycheck Value: $2750.

Red County Fire Department
Faction Leader paycheck: $5,500.
Total Faction Ranks Receiving Pay: 11.
Faction Rank Median Paycheck Value: $4250.

This faction has the highest median paycheck value on RCRP. This is to boost activity within the faction and incentivise recruitment.

San Andreas State Courts
Faction Leader paycheck: $3,000.
Total Faction Ranks Receiving Pay: 10.
Faction Rank Median Paycheck Value: $1625.

Paychecks for this faction may increase with an increase of in-game activity and presence.

San Andreas State Police
Faction Leader paycheck: $5,000.
Total Faction Ranks Receiving Pay: 20.
Faction Rank Median Paycheck Value: $2125.

[/legend]

[legend=#B40000◦ Legal Factions ]white
Paychecks for legal factions is equally incremental, dependent on the faction lowest rank and leader rank value (lower and upper value increments). For example, a lower value of $500 and upper value of $2500. $500 is taken from $2500 to give $2000, as $500 is the starting point, and then the increment values are calculated from $2000. A faction with 10 ranks, discounting the lowest and highest rank, equals 8 ranks. Therefore, there will be an increment value of $250 between the 8 remaining ranks.

The specific pay amount a faction's highest and lowest rank receives depends on the performance of the faction.

The maximum paycheck a lowest rank can receive is $800, whereas the maximum paycheck the leader can receive is $4,000. This will see equal, balanced increments spread amongst the ranks so as this value increases, every rank will receive more money. Whereas if the value decreases, every rank will receive less money. This system is designed to mirror performance shown by factions and will be changed around monthly in line with the status of a faction - if the faction adminsitration team decides a faction has been performing well with a sufficient member base, good activity and demonstrated a good work ethic - their pay will increase. However, poor performance will see a decrease in the paycheck value. My initial plan was to increase or decrease the median paycheck value, but I quickly ran into problems with this as it meant that leaders of factions with more ranks (i.e. Elite Trucking) would receive a higher payment than factions with less ranks (i.e. County Radio), irrespective of performance, if the median paycheck value was altered.

Therefore, equal increments between a lower and higher value for lowest and highest rank is the fairest and most balanced way of regulating this and will change the faction pay for all faction members.

In the interest of fairness, I have placed each legal faction with a Faction Leader paycheck of $2,500 and a Faction Lowest Rank paycheck of $500.
This will be adjusted at the end of the month in line with performance. The maximum it can be is $4,000, though this would mean the faction would have to be performing very actively and adequately across the whole month.

County Radio FM
Faction Leader paycheck: $2,500.
Faction Lowest Rank paycheck: $500.
Total Faction Ranks Receiving Pay: 7.

Faction Ranks in-between the Faction Leader and Faction Lowest Rank will be receiving pay of equal increments of ~$333 between $500 and $2,500.

Elite Trucking
Total Faction Ranks Receiving Pay: 11.

Faction Ranks in-between the Faction Leader and Faction Lowest Rank will be receiving pay of equal increments of ~$200 between $500 and $2,500.

San Andreas News Network
Total Faction Ranks Receiving Pay: 7.

Faction Ranks in-between the Faction Leader and Faction Lowest Rank will be receiving pay of equal increments of ~$333 between $500 and $2,500.

[/legend]

[legend=#B40000◦ Illegal Factions ]white
As stated in my introduction topic as Head of Factions, I have decided to implement faction paychecks for illegal factions until we get more script support for illegal factions and more ways and methods to earn money. This is a temporary measure. The paycheck system will be the same as above for legal factions with there being an upper limit (faction leader rank) and lower limit (lowest rank) with equal increments in-between. This will be decided, raised or decreased as appropriate by Faction Administration on a monthly basis in line with the performance of the faction. If the faction has been contributing a good standard of roleplay, is active and attains no punishments, there's a strong possibility the payment will be raised. However, if the faction gets punished and/or the roleplay quality is insufficient, there's a strong possibility it'll be reduced.

However, as there are still several ways to earn sufficient cash as an illegal faction, the paycheck values will be less than for legal factions. The maximum Faction Leader rank paycheck value can be is $2,500 with the lowest rank having a maximum of $700. Again, this will be tailored specifically to faction performance but is very unlikely to be this value as it'll require a significant amount of dedication and activity.

I won't list every illegal faction and their paycheck but read above with the legal factions to see how the increment system will work and your paycheck will depend on the total number of faction ranks, your faction rank and the value of the leader and lowest faction rank.

In the interest of fairness, as above for legal factions, I have set the Faction Leader rank paycheck value as $2,000 and Faction Lowest Rank paycheck value as $500 with equal increments in-between the ranks. This is in-game now. Paychecks for illegal factions will cease to exist once we gain additional script features for illegal factions.

[/legend]

[legend=#B40000◦ Closing ]white
In line with a system revamp which has many, many benefits to the server including the potential to increase roleplay and revitalise it for many factions, comes some cons and potential abuse. Any faction leaders who are caught promoting members to higher ranks OOCly just to obtain higher paychecks will be subject to punishment.

Faction Leaders and other Faction Members are expected to report individuals to Faction Administration if they suspect somebody of money farming paychecks in this new system. This includes joining a faction and never contributing any roleplay towards the faction but purely being in it to attain the paychecks. If Faction Leaders would like to report members to Faction Administration privately, they're welcome to do so. We will investigate the individual and use server logs, so evidence isn't necessary, but there must be some grounds to your complaint. People who money farm will be subject to a permanent ban. This applies to government factions, legal factions and illegal factions.

I hope the above sections make sense to you and from my perspective, the paycheck system is now much more clarified, fair and corresponds with work ethic and performance of the official factions. As always, any questions can be replied to this topic or forwarded to me privately. This system is in effect from now onwards.

Best wishes,

Kemp
Head of Factions
[/legend]

WendyLady

Banned
My only concern with this (and I am still waiting to hear back since April 6th). County Radio rely heavily upon /fadvert to advertise when a DJ is on air. We typically use /fadvert every 10 - 15 minutes or so for an hour (the duration of an average show) when a DJ is on air, costing them on average $700 per message. A show would cost a non-donator DJ $4,200 on average, not ideal when THEY are providing the service.

This can cost non-donators a small fortune and seems very counter productive. Which is why we rank up the DJ's rather highly to ensure their pay can help to cover some of the costs, but this shouldn't be the case. What is happening currently is that our non-donator DJ's are losing money for doing their job.

I have requested a command for County Radio to avoid these charges but if it's not being implemented, the future of our non-donator members are at risk, especially now with the pay being reduced.

Kemp

Retired Admin
WendyLady said:
My only concern with this (and I am still waiting to hear back since April 6th). County Radio rely heavily upon /fadvert to advertise when a DJ is on air. We typically use /fadvert every 10 - 15 minutes or so for an hour (the duration of an average show) when a DJ is on air, costing them on average $700 per message. A show would cost a non-donator DJ $4,200 on average, not ideal when THEY are providing the service.

This can cost non-donators a small fortune and seems very counter productive. Which is why we rank up the DJ's rather highly to ensure their pay can help to cover some of the costs, but this shouldn't be the case. What is happening currently is that our non-donator DJ's are losing money for doing their job.

I have requested a command for County Radio to avoid these charges but if it's not being implemented, the future of our non-donator members are at risk, especially now with the pay being reduced.
1) I can't see how that's relevant to this, at all... However, I agree something needs to be done.
2) The pay for County Radio has increased.

Witting

Donator
not bad

not too sure why County Radio aren't getting more than ET/SANews though.