[READ] Rule changes and forum design update

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bizarre

Silver Member
BirdyGurdy said:
Paxie said:
BirdyGurdy said:
Good work, only rule I don't agree with is the ability to ass-pull 9MM's, deagles, and silenced pistols. I don't get why this is a new rule, it honestly doesn't make any sense to me, due to the fact that this just means people are going to mainly use 9MM's deagles and silcened now, because they can ass-pull. Having the ability to ass-pull is a terrible idea in my mind, because many people are going to get killed by being ass-pulled leading to them to bitch and moan 24/7, making more work for admins to deal with. Not only that, but this means RCRP is heading to more of a "light" side of roleplay, ass-pulling is one of the worse ideas I could think of for having guns. We already have enough issues with people DMing or false killing. But that's just my thoughts, don't hate.
giphy.gif
let me refute your whole paragraph with one point

how will not having to type a /me cause more DM or false killing? if someone wants to DM somebody, having to type out /me pulls his pistol doesn't stop them.
This promotes light RP, not only that, but when players see a /ame or /me it gives them time to react to the roleplay. People will scroll really quickly and just gun you down, without you even knowing what's going on, in a split second you'll be dead. The ability to see a /ame and /me gives the player a time to react to the roleplay, even if it's a split second chance of you reading it, it gives you a time to react.

Using a /me or /ame to pull a small weapon just promotes metagaming. In real life if someone pulls a gun on you and shoots right away I doubt you'll have time to react.

OT: Great rule change.

Blue

Helper
Paxie said:
BlueFire said:
I gave you an example. I can't understand how you're going to tell me to calm down when I'm simply responding to you. I'm sorry if you feel as though I'm coming off hostile, as all I'm doing is just trying to explain why I think it's a bad change.
no, I don't feel as if you're coming off as hostile, but you're accusing me of flaming when all I'm trying to do is answer your concerns and help you understand and see why the change has been implemented so you don't go around saying it's the stupidest shit ever and that RCRP is turning into a medium roleplay server on your discord.

you didn't give me an example of how it promotes DM. here is your example.
BlueFire said:
Take this for an example. An officer is aiming a gun at a suspect, the suspect proceeds to reach and before he can do so, the officer opens fire. Same thing IG, when I was a cop and I thought someone was armed, the second they made their /ame I immediately opened fire.
I'll reference the official definition of DM from our rules.
TommyB said:
Deathmatching is when you are killing / inflicting injuries upon a player for a reason that does not justify such extreme actions, or without a reason at all.
how does the suspect taking a gun out without a /me suddenly turn what the suspect is doing into DM? the suspect still has a reason to shoot the officer, there's a gun being aimed at him, whether he roleplays taking his gun out or not...
I gave you an example for the reaction time, not the DM. I didn't say "It's the stupidest shit ever" on my Discord, but I did say it's medium roleplay quality. That's all I've got to say about this here, if there is anything else you'd like to speak about, message me on Discord.

Sunca

Donator
Novi said:
hitting keys to spew out binds isn't RP either
i agree with this slav MAN

great job as always with the changes my dudes

Cain

Silver Member
Lel, too many rules, ain't nobody got time for reading that. I'll take my chances.

Earl

Head of Maps
Mapper
Cain said:
Lel, too many rules, ain't nobody got time for reading that. I'll take my chances.
luckily all you do is post completely pointless stuff on the forums, so there's nothing to worry about :Kappa:

Cain

Silver Member
Earl said:
Cain said:
luckily all you do is post completely pointless stuff on the forums, so there's nothing to worry about :Kappa:

Hehehh, that's true.

Status
Not open for further replies.