Read if you've been banned for your roleplay standards.

IG Name
Curtis Bridgeford
Hey there! I'm making this guide for people who are new to the Red County Roleplay and maybe even roleplay in general. I'm making this guide because I believe that every roleplayer should have the chance to have a go at playing RCRP and experiencing the high quality roleplay.

Metagaming​

Metagaming, in short, when you use out of character information in an in character setting / situation. An example of this would be reading the name above a player's head and automatically knowing their name. This is not roleplay because in real life there wouldn't be name tags above people's heads so you wouldn't be able to know their name just by looking at them. Remember when you're in an IC situation to never use OOC things in the roleplay because you would never be able to do so in real life which means that you'd obviously not be able to do it whilst during roleplay situations.

Powergaming

Powergaming is when you force roleplay on someone else without giving them a chance to react. An example of this is doing an action but not letting the player respond, meaning that you automatically succeed. This is a bad example of roleplaying because in real life when you do an action, the other person will react and respond to your action. Another definition of powergaming is having unrealistic advantages/abilities over other roleplayers on the server. An example of this would be if you were able to fly around whenever you want. This is forbidden because in real life you will not be able to fly and it is obviously not normal (like in the roleplay situation!)

I hope this helps you and I hope you can return to Red County Roleplay and I hope you've fixed your roleplay skills up to standards!

To be updated

Jane

Donator
IG Name
Merry
IG Faction
Christmas
Re: Read if you've been banned for your roleplay.standards.

Good guide, yeah.

IG Name
Curtis Bridgeford
Alko said:
https://redcountyrp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=55263
:?:
This topic is specifically people who have been banned for their lack of roleplay. Not a newcomer guide on how to do things on Red County Roleplay.

IG Name
nolan walker
theres the expectation that you know what both metagaming and powergaming are, dont play if you dont as you'll get banned, easy as

IG Name
Matti Hadley
IG Faction
911 Dillimore Familiez
Quite frankly guides like this shouldn't be necessary (great effort though, appreciated!) on a 'heavy' roleplay server. The reason people join these servers is so they can play with experienced roleplayers who know what they're doing. If you don't know how to roleplay or talk English, there's plenty of lighter roleplay servers out there that allows you to learn.

IG Name
Curtis Bridgeford
1SKZ said:
Roleplay standards are not restricted to metagaming and powergaming tho
Hence the reason I said it would be updated soon.

IG Name
Curtis Bridgeford
Matty said:
Quite frankly guides like this shouldn't be necessary (great effort though, appreciated!) on a 'heavy' roleplay server. The reason people join these servers is so they can play with experienced roleplayers who know what they're doing. If you don't know how to roleplay or talk English, there's plenty of lighter roleplay servers out there that allows you to learn.
I understand where you're coming from but when I was a noob I wanted to play server's similar to this and I couldn't because of my roleplay. However, I think everyone should get the chance to learn and one day hopefully become a player with decent roleplay here. I just think everyone deserves a chance, regardless.