RC-RP Criticism Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TommyB

spotify listener
Owner

RC:RP Criticism Thread

Before posting on this thread, you should make sure you:

1. Have a genuine and proper piece of criticism that is relevant to the server.
  2. Are not tagging individuals with malicious intent when posting here.
  3. Make sure that your criticism is not already being spoken about or discussed elsewhere (i.e. in the suggestions section).
  4. Criticism regarding individual factions or their members should go directly to the faction leadership or faction management team.
  5. Any shit posting or flaming will result in a 24 hour ban with no chance of appeal, longer bans will be issued for repeat offenders.
  6. Are following the Red County Roleplay Forum Rules.
Failure to follow these simple thread rules may result in your forum account being banned. These rules are clear and should be adhered to by all members at all times.

Last edited by a moderator:

K3V

Banned
Re: RC-RP Cricitism Thread

As stated plenty of times before I think changes need to start with the top then roll downwards throughout the community. You Tommy from my view on the server and community are the main issue, time and time again people have suggested having more scriptwriters to further advance the script and allow for more frequent updates, nothing has ever come of it. As for the rest its already been said over in half the admin teams leaving threads.

Nesset

Donator

I don't think tommy is the issue.

What is, is the lack of innovation. Or drive to play. The aspect of fun, and enjoyment for many has been lost. We need script updates often, fun admins who aren't out to get blood, remove all the bad attitude representing idiots and replace them with old veterans who have unique ideas who were banned for stupid reasons.

If we bring fun. And good roleplay back to the server things will be better than ever. We have the community to do it. Just not the attitude.

suckurmum

Banned

>blames the script
script gets updated
>blames other games
everyone's completed most of these games by now and/or other server have not also dipped because of them
>blames admin team
every admin leaves

RCRP is just a blaming game. The server just dies naturally as players become disinterested, any newbies to SA-MP just head for the big lights of LS:RP through the DM videos they watch. It's not a suprise really.

Donnie Mariano

Bronze Member

I personally get quickly bored of SAMP, when I stop I kinda get nostalgic about it and come back just to realize why I left in the first place. That's for every server by the way, I think SAMP is just showing its age and the outflow is bigger than the intake of newcomers in general.

Giga

Donator

To be fair, the release cycle of script updates have improved since Version 2.3. Two weeks can be a long time, it is better than no script updates for months. Although I cannot deny that each update lacks new features as we only have one developer working on the gamemode. Yes, hiring another developer is one solution, but it is going to be a difficult process than what you think it is. It is not a simple "Oh hey, amazing script you got here! Hired!", you will also need to make sure you can trust that person. That is why Tommy only hires the people he knows and trust.

Maybe we could fill spots for the position of "Third Party Developer", which Peach started as. They can contribute scripts of new features, however they will not have access to the gamemode. Now there is one conflict to this - we have the Script Submissions board but no one is contributing. The reason? Scripters would rather have a position in the development team than just sending stuff. If they actually want to help in the gamemode's development, they can regularly publish self-created scripts on that board and that is when they may be considered for a spot in the development team.

ThePasst

Retired Admin

Donnie Mariano said:
I personally get quickly bored of SAMP, when I stop I kinda get nostalgic about it and come back just to realize why I left in the first place. That's for every server by the way, I think SAMP is just showing its age and the outflow is bigger than the intake of newcomers in general.
Yep, got the same problem.

Kay-Kay

Retired Admin

Hire at least one developer or bring back old ones to help you out. Accept the fact that you can't do everything by yourself, Tommy. You and small aren't enough.

Advertise the server more. Make the quiz easier, this is no longer a heavy rp server. We can teach the newbies how to rp. We need more players.

I don't mean to sound harsh. I really love this server and hate to see it falling apart with each come comeback.

Typing from my phone. Will elaborate later.

Manu

Retired Admin

Giga said:
we have the Script Submissions board but no one is contributing. The reason? Scripters would rather have a position in the development team than just sending stuff
The reason there are barely any contributions is because there is no support there. The two submissions there look pretty good, but they haven't received any replies about it in any way (that we know off). This deters any people that wish to contribute since it shows that they're probably just wasting their time.
Next to that, there needs to be a limited API to work with for relatively easy things such as checking which faction a certain playerid is in etc.

Karner

Banned

Thing is, the 3rd party dev thing was suggested a year ago. I had everything ready and then we were just waiting... and waiting... and waiting. Tommy's created the API but it hasn't been posted or handled yet.

Manu's right, the feedback for script suggestions is absolutely abyssmal.

We've had suggestions been posted for years and yes, the bi-weekly updates are good in attempt but if you look at the content of these "major updates". It's very poor and lasts about 5 minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.