What's new

Denied Radio suggestion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mathers

Donator
All right - Official Factions/Unofficial Factions/Groups of friends use radios and the radio's only have a frequency anyone who is fired/leaves that faction/group etc could still be listening into the conversation.

This goes mostly for radios like the Police's radio - Everyone knows the frequency of it and could be sitting listening to the radio conversations.

Radio's should work like this:

/buychannel (Anyone - purchase a Radio channel for $3,000 - Would be expensive to run, so in character 3k isn't bad)
/setname (Faction Leader/Channel owner - Name their radio channel for example /setname San Andreas State Troopers - Once a name is taken it cannot be copied by other channel owners)
/setslot (Faction Leader/Channel Owner - Would pick a slot from 1-5000, that slot would then be owned until owner /cancelchannel. This is generally just available radio slots, if all slots get filled no more channels can be made. One Channel per account ensures this cannot be abused. Cannot pick a slot if that slot is already in use.)
/setchannel (Faction Leader/Channel owner - would set the frequency of the radio - If a channel name/frequency has been created others cannot buy a channel and use that name/frequency)
/setpassword (Faction leader/Channel owner - would set a password on the channel - Password must be 5+ letters)
/kickfromchannel [id/name] (Faction leader/channel - owner can kick people from the radio)
/banfromchannel [id/name] (Faction leader/channel - owner can ban people from the radio - This would mean users can't access the radio even if they input the correct password)
/rtune [channel] (Anyone - Set Frequency to the channel they wish to be in)
/slot [slot number] (Anyone - Set Slot to the slot they wish to be in)
/auth (Anyone - Authority - Users would input the channel password note: Would only need to do this once and it would set as the channel)
/part (Anyone -Leave the radio channel - Sets frequency back to 0)
/cancelchannel (Faction Leader/Channel owner - Deletes the radio frequency/channel)

- If they didn't put in the channel password they'd still be in the channel but they wouldn't be able to talk in that channel, nor able to see anything said in that channel.

Example of this in use
*SAST members for example SAST is slot 1111 & channel 900*
/slot 1111
/rtune 900
Server Message: This channel is password protected please /auth [password] - Or you won't be able to speak in this channel nor receive messages from this channel
/auth blahblahblah
server message: You're now tuned into Channel: San Andreas State Troopers

Paxie

Donator
/omgproepicsuperomegasupport.
Really, its awesome idea, if alec would add something like that, server would be more awesome!

Icy

Gold Member
I'm not sure I get the slots vs. tune thing? Care to elaborate please?

You mean, that if cops use tune 9111 and slot 1, I can go make a channel with tune 9111 in slot 2? Or?

Mathers

Donator
Icy_Blight said:
I'm not sure I get the slots vs. tune thing? Care to elaborate please?

You mean, that if cops use tune 9111 and slot 1, I can go make a channel with tune 9111 in slot 2? Or?
Edited the thread slightly.
When the channel owner does /setchannel - Once they have selected a frequency others cannot use that frequency.

If someone tried to they'd see:
Server Message:
Sorry but this frequency is already in use"

Slots
More or Less Radio slots - If all 5000 slots are filled then no more radio channels can be made until one of those slots /cancelchannel.

HOWEVER
Too ensure this cannot be abused - Channel Owners can only have one channel.

You understand now? Or want more explanation?

Icy

Gold Member
Ah alright.

To be honest I was wishing for some sort of application before you could get one...

But /support anyway

Mathers

Donator
Icy_Blight said:
Ah alright.

To be honest I was wishing for some sort of application before you could get one...

But /support anyway
Thank you :)

Doing applications for radios would be a little over the top though in my opinion - Because there's no real requirements/boundaries that could stop you from having one.

-People creating factions would need/want one
-People who speak different languages primarily would possibly want a radio to communicate in their own language.

So that covers a lot of people.

+ Friends in game/weapon dealers might want one to keep in touch with customers/friends etc.

john_murray7

Banned
I didnt quite get it after several reading times. Are you telling some kinda OOC/IC radio?

Status
Not open for further replies.