What's new

Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

horizon

Administrator
TommyB said:
As I'm sure most of you are aware, RCRP and other SA-MP servers we host have been experiencing periodic player disconnections. After a bit of investigating, we've discovered that this is in fact a flaw in how the SA-MP server process itself runs on newer Linux distributions.

When we moved over to our new dedicated server, we also upgraded the operating system from CentOS 7.x to CentOS 8.x. These player drops started happening as soon as we launched on the new server. I first thought the server itself was crashing, but noticed the process was never actually killed. Originally, this lead me to believe that someone may have been attacking the server, but I couldn't find anything out of the ordinary in our server monitoring software either. That's when I drew parallels to an issue that some server owners experienced when trying to run SA-MP servers on Debian 9, another Linux distro.

Unfortunately, the cause of this issue has never been identified, nor has a fix ever been discovered. fr0st is currently in the process of troubleshooting what the problem could be, so I hope we'll have good news to share soon! Until then, the server will likely continue to experience these random drops. I apologize for the convenience, but we're very much aware of the issue and are actively trying to work out a solution. Thanks!!

Allerion

Donator
x2et7ba.png

This topic has been archived due to one of the reasons below:

• The topic is outdated.
  • The topic is deemed as inappropriate.
  • Forum rules were broken.
  • The topic is no longer needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.