What's new

Question about factions,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Illusive Man

Donator
Does EVERY faction thats legal require a micophone ?..I dont got one now since my brother has it, Why do almost every faction require microphones OOCLY?..Pointless since we got /r..and i really don't wanna go out and spend some cash on a game that once im done with i'll pretty much be done with for good(since SA:MP is the only game i play on the computer.) but the main question is, Why do most factins require Microphones OOCLY and Is there ANY that don't require them? Besides Gangs of course. Thanks.

Frisker

Donator
Well back in the day I joined SAES(Nowadays SACFD) without mic, though I don't know if it's possible anymore. And I think you can join Cabbie Co. ? Not sure though.

Earl

Head of Maps
Mapper
The mic & Teamspeak requirements are usually stated, but are not used so often - the only faction that a microphone is actually essential for is the RCSD, in my opinion. About the others - just contact the leaders and ask them if it's really a must.

Mark_Fleur

Retired Admin
Imagine you're in a chase in the RCSD and you're following a reasonably faast car- not fast enough to just get away but fast enough that if you slow down you'll lose it.

Now Imagine having to type /r Need assistance in a chase around North Dillimore
/r Turned left towards Monty
/r Turned right past the SACFD HQ
/r Continuing on into Palomino creek

Now this would take you forever and you'd doubtless lose them! Having the mic means you can speak orders quickly and efficiently without slowing down.

Also it's easier to describe your position- no matter what faction you're in- saying "/r North Montgommety" means sod all, but:

Okay in north montgommery... passing the Aperture warehouses coming up on the gas station- turned right at the gas station, under the bridge, past SACC HQ...

Typing that in real time would be impossible, but with a mic it's 100% easier quick and efficient! That is why so many require it- whether you're a cop, paramedic or whatever!

Status
Not open for further replies.