Votes: 14 11.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shmoogle

Retired Admin
logo.png

Donator OOC Chat

Hello players of Red County RP, within the admin board and throughout multiple meetings we've been taking into consideration that perhaps we could initiate the return of a much loved and missed feature from the server. The feature that we're talking about is Donator OOC Chat. For those of you who are unaware, DOOC was a service that was provided to those of you who donated a minimum of £1. The chat provided the possibility of communication between players whilst they go about their standard RP. As most of you may remember the feature was removed due to an increase in abuse of the system, causing the administrative team to decide that it didn't deserve a place on the server.

Due to the reasons that is was removed we've came to the conclusion that the decision would be left to the players of the server, since it will be all of you that will receive the feature and depending on if you want it or not, we will implement it. Before you make your decision it'll be good to note that the donator chat will not be how it was before, we have decided that if the service is to return it will receive much more moderation than it did previously, by this we mean that you will now be able to be muted and banned from talking in the chat, this is being implemented to secure the possibility of people abusing the chat to an unfair advantage, rather than a place to talk with friends.

Please ensure to take great care before voting on what you'd rather be done as well as take everything that was stated in this topic into account.​

Manu

Retired Admin
I support this.
Maybe there could also be some chat moderators that are trusted, in case no admins are available.

I also think that abusing the chat should result in a severe punishment.

PuDzeh

Donator
Please bring this back, it'd bring the tight IG community unity that we had, the sense of culture that we all were akin to with that chat.

It never disrupted roleplay, you had a choice whether you wanted to see it or not.

I also advocate severe punishments for abusers. Last time all the people speaking Dutch trash talking the server got it disabled all the time, if that behaviour is policed, we should certainly have this chat back.

Weaver

Donator
Bauer said:
It'd be nice if those who vote no actually tell us why.
My personal opinion is because it was full of people talking shit, admins kicking people for improper use and just general immature and provocative attitudes.

Bob

Retired Admin
Bring it back.

Everyone has the ability to toggle it if they feel it is getting spammed and anyone who encourages metagame should be dealt with accordingly by an admin like they would do using any other chat. I see no need to have it removed in the first place. :clown:

Tiger

Donator
Ah, /dooc. The chat were maybe.. a good 5 people got banned for rule 16, OOC insults? I actually got to know a lot of the people because of /dooc like DrTrollinski, Giga and stuff. /dooc was a good place to chat and when you come onto a server with 10 players on, t'was nice to talk to somebody, talk about a new game, etc. Don't like it? /togdooc. So yeah, bring it back but with HEAVY moderation. I kinda feel it's stupid though. Moderating a global chat? Can't we all just get along and stop the rule breaking? But if you feel you need to moderate it then go ahead, bring it back. :thumbup:
Sorry, thinking out loud here XD

Kemp

Retired Admin
Voted yes. If you guys want something back that's going to encourage you to play, I don't see any harm at all. As long as it's moderated appropriately (it will) and not abused, I can only see it improving community relations. :)

Jeroen

Donator
Heavy moderation, I don't fully agree.
I do think that there should be SOME moderation (anti-spam, forbid breaking rules) but if people don't like what they chat then they should /togdooc , it is that simple.
I personally love to talk to people via dooc, it is a nice place to hang around if you are the only one online in the faction (especially lately).

The community always felt more like a community when we had /dooc.

Kevin

Head of Asset Management
Management
Meh, not sure about this; it was removed for a reason, right? But yeah, the new 'system' for it sounds nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.