What's new

New Feature: RC:RP's Tor Network

Jboi

Retired Admin
logo.png

E-GR0cl-elRiZ900.png

Discussion Post here: http://redcountyrp.com/forum/viewtopic. ... 4&t=102940

Hello everybody.

I have some exciting news for all of you today. About a year ago I came up with an idea for a subreddit acting as an IG website for illegal merchandise, a month ago I worked on a series of subreddits that act as in-game websites for RC:RP, today, I have the approval of the admin team to share them with the community and let you all explore the dark-web. This will serve as a brief introduction.

The Tor Network is an anonymous browser that sends users through a multitude of proxies so that they can be completely anonymous. Websites are hosted that can only be accessed via TOR Browser and most of these websites have illegal services ranging from drugs to hitmen. Yes, Tor Browser is a real life thing that you can actually browse, however, I don't recommend it.

To help increase illegal roleplay in RC:RP I've come up with a series of subreddits that act RPly as the TOR network with a "wiki" being present that has all the websites in a list. Tor Wiki once again is a real thing, and RCRPTorWiki will serve as a fictional version of the actual wiki, where all the IG websites will be listed. The idea is that factions and individual players may make a website to sell their things using a subreddit and then it would get posted on this wiki for other players to find and visit.

In other words, these are IC websites that you can use for illegal purposes.

Anyways, the subreddit list, known ICly as the "RCTorWiki" based off of it's counterpart of the actual TOR wiki, is found IG from now on. Link no longer public, so you'll have to find illegal ways to get it IG.

From there, you can browse the various websites I've already put up, and even apply for your own to be made or listed. Players can begin to use subreddits such as "The Black Stallion Market" to set up drug and gun deals. To post, all you need is a reddit account. I suggest that if you use Reddit Enhancement Suite you turn it off, as it can conflict with the subreddit styling. It doesn't matter what your username is, as most of the subreddits automatically set your username to "anonymous" on anything you post.

Now I cannot stress this enough, if you want this idea to continue working and grow into something amazing, you, the users, need to actively use it. I've already laid down the framework, now it's time for your creative minds to take hold and begin to utilize this online network. Also, you may notice that there are some "Professional Services" networks, yes, those are what you think they are and yes, certain factions may already be utilizing this new network. So stay IC, remember these are websites your characters would be using, and happy browsing.

If a faction, or player for that matter, would like to make a subreddit, but has absolutely no clue where to begin, I can help them with that. I've been learning subreddit style sheets for almost a year now and I'm no expert, but I'm decent. If you already have experience or would like to try for yourself, just make sure to add "RCRP" somewhere in the subreddit's name so that it's known that it's a subreddit of RC:RP. I'll also ask for moderator of the subreddit so that I can edit the rules in the sidebar and moderate what is posted on the subreddit itself. All this I'll discuss with you in a one on one though.

Feel free to ask any questions below and if I wasn't clear on anything, feel free to ask me. Remember, all of this is now completely open, and you are free to comment on any of the links, create new links, create new subreddits that I can list, just.. do whatever, it's the internet and you're anonymous.

http://www.reddit.com/r/4b04rd/
http://www.reddit.com/r/243629RCRP/

Another website found

Special Thanks: Itami Shikura (Helped with CrimeNet), Roman(Helped me with the original idea a looooong time ago), Katashi(Crimenet with Itami), others that I surely forgot when I originally formulated this idea about a year ago.

Giga

Donator
Looks unique indeed, but what I'm wondering is if people will actually use it, since people wouldn't actively visit an external website.

Jboi

Retired Admin
Giga said:
Looks unique indeed, but what I'm wondering is if people will actually use it, since people wouldn't really become active in an external website.
This is definitely a concern, but more than anything this is a trial run to see how it goes. My hopes is that the community really does embrace it and starts to utilize it and create new RP using it, but if not it can be removed quite easily. All in all, it's just another feature that you can choose to use, or choose to ignore.

danger9

Well it looks like we have pretty nice improvements out here :)

I think it should be promoted properly than that tho , but yea it's still great
keep going <3

Manu

Retired Admin
Seems pretty neat.
One question though: If everything is posted anonymously, how will actions be taken against people going OOC?
What about the police or FBI, would they be able to see this website, see the comments and take action?