What's new

[Need Admin] Is this allowed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lightyy

Donator
Hello. I have a question regarding RP, and sort of a slight assistance from a lead+ admin in the RP. I'd like to know, is it allowed to roleplay bringing a 9mm to Marvin's, and e.g. buying a silencer (giving admin price for it as else it won't go anywhere) for a variable sum, and have it RPed putting it on, or it put on in Marvin's, and then having the admin exchange you a Silenced one for a regular 9mm? Is this allowed/roleplayed? I'd really like to know.

Bircher

Banned
Re: Is this allowed?

Well,There is currently nothing in the rules about weapons being restricted to certain factions. The general rule of a thumb is that if you are in a faction that has "restricted" weapons such as Suppressed Pistols and Knifes. Then you are trusted to not abuse them. The general reason these weapons aren't readily available is because not every player can prove to be trusted with things such as suppressed weapons.

I guess for the sense of realism, A hardware store wouldn't be able to create homemade suppressors that were anywhere near as nice as military and law enforcement grade ones. My best recommendation would be to create a long burdening RP for the weapon. For example, RPly talk to someone who works at Marvin's hardware then maybe go talk to another guy, Then get something for that last guy and create a little quest, if you will, for obtaining the suppressor.

I myself am not entirely sure. Do not take my word on anything I just said, For now, I will tag this for an admin and see if we can get an exact answer from an administrator as they are hopefully much more knowledgeable about something like this than me.

lightyy

Donator
Re: Is this allowed?

Bircher said:
Well,There is currently nothing in the rules about weapons being restricted to certain factions. The general rule of a thumb is that if you are in a faction that has "restricted" weapons such as Suppressed Pistols and Knifes. Then you are trusted to not abuse them. The general reason these weapons aren't readily available is because not every player can prove to be trusted with things such as suppressed weapons.

I guess for the sense of realism, A hardware store wouldn't be able to create homemade suppressors that were anywhere near as nice as military and law enforcement grade ones. My best recommendation would be to create a long burdening RP for the weapon. For example, RPly talk to someone who works at Marvin's hardware then maybe go talk to another guy, Then get something for that last guy and create a little quest, if you will, for obtaining the suppressor.

I myself am not entirely sure. Do not take my word on anything I just said, For now, I will tag this for an admin and see if we can get an exact answer from an administrator as they are hopefully much more knowledgeable about something like this than me.
Alright. Yeah, that was just an example, but in any way I was wondering if you can RP getting the suppressor and exchanging with an admin for a silenced one.. Well, I'll be waiting for admin response. Also, the RP should be spectated by an admin, I guess.

Muncini

Donator
Bauer said:
Well they are restricted weapons so I guess not..

I heard before about players getting hold of knifes thanks to their RP so why not SD pistol??? O.O

Tiger

Donator
Forgive me if I'm wrong but isn't a silenced 9mm actually scripted to be a taser so therefore if one got hold of it, it would basically be like a taser?

Status
Not open for further replies.