My method for making a fully controllable free radio station. (Works with all 3 music commands.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fritz

Donator
IG Name
ʀᴀᴠᴇɴ sᴀʟɪᴍᴏɴᴇ
IG Faction
sᴀɴ ᴀɴᴅʀᴇᴀs sᴛᴀᴛᴇ ᴄᴏᴜʀᴛs - ssᴅ
Figured I'd post this for the public, it works with /carmusic, /boombox, and /housemusic. If you need help with it, feel free to ask here.

-----------------------------------------------------------​

First -
http://myradiostream.com/ register there, use fake info if you want, I did. Choose the free package, confirm, all that good shit. When you're done it should bring you to this page:

Set your station name and password, leave the rest of the info alone then hit the green "Save" button below it.

Alright, now's where thinking starts to get involved.

Navigate to the following without closing your page with the server info:

------>

It should bring you here:

Download Winamp from the top of the page, and install it, . Afterwords, download the Shoutcast DSP Plugin from the top of the page, and install it.

After that, follow the instructions on the page using your server information from the first page you started at, this should tell you how to set up the server for broadcasting in Winamp.

Make sure you tick the box "Automatically connect" when you connect at the end.

Next,

Keep connected to Winamp, as that's your broadcast server, navigate back the server information page you started on again, Right click your server URL, open it in a new tab:

Next, download Mediahuman Youtube to MP3 converter from here: http://www.mediahuman.com/download.html#3

After that, navigate in to mediahuman human preferences and set it to 128kb/s bitrate:

Then, start adding 128kb/s youtube music to the "Audio" section of your Winamp.

After that go back to the page that has the server information on it and copy your link from here, or customize it and use that link instead:

Additional notes:
You'll want to turn the volume all the way down in Winamp or else you'll hear the song twice, once on a delay in-game, and in real-time in Winamp.

You have to log in to myradiostream and turn the server on if it's not on already, every time you want to stream.

DogNo

Donator
IG Name
(╯°□°)╯┳━┳ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
IG Faction
Retired from death ಠ_ಠ
I've had a problem with this a few weeks ago when you released this in the WF13 private board, I followed everything step by step but unfortunately when I used the link in game for /carmusic or /boombox it didn't work, the page with "current and previous songs history" was working and it was showing what song is playing but it was unhearable, any ideas what the problem could be?

Downloaded all the shit, after finding out the Shoutcast DSP isn't available on mac, fuck.

Badshah

Bronze Member
was gonna do this but realized i have a vps lying around so might aswell just use that. thanks for the tutorial though!

Alko

Donator
Badshah said:
was gonna do this but realized i have a vps lying around so might aswell just use that. thanks for the tutorial though!
rip in pepperonies

Kek

Bronze Member
IG Faction
Cokeridge, foo
Does this upload from your network? As in, the streaming from your playlist?

I'm asking because my upload speeds are quite bad and if that's the case, if I do this I'll probably lag myself out. (and slow down my entire house's internet. Thanks eircom :thumbdown: )

IG Name
Mercedes Montana
John_Marks said:
Does this upload from your network? As in, the streaming from your playlist?

I'm asking because my upload speeds are quite bad and if that's the case, if I do this I'll probably lag myself out. (and slow down my entire house's internet. Thanks eircom :thumbdown: )
Broadcasting a stream to and through this website will compensate your upload speeds. Web-based radio streams can often be a little harsher on upload speeds than professional broadcast software (such as SAM, which County Radio use).

Anderson

Administrator
IG Name
Sheriff Jake Anderson
IG Faction
SACSO
Been trying to figure out how to do this for a while. Thank you for this!

Status
Not open for further replies.