What's new

My laptop stops charging when I launch SAMP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Invictus

Donator
My laptop is a Lenovo Ideapad 320 and I'm currently having issues with battery aswell. I bought it last year in december I think so it's fairly new and I haven't used it since last spring when the issues began. My issue is that it says the battery is full and it's not charging but in reality it's 0% as I have to connect my laptop to a source of power if I wanna turn it on. I believe it's still under warranty period.

60oz

Helper
The battery falling down to zero, while the charge says it's full, frequently happens with those who end up keeping their laptop fully charged all day and don't disconnect it, you've let the battery drain once it's fully charged, otherwise you will end up ruining the battery.

The battery falling down to zero, while the charge says it's full, frequently happens with those who end up keeping their laptop fully charged all day and don't disconnect it, you've let the battery drain once it's fully charged, otherwise you will end up ruining the battery.
I don't know what you know about batteries but it does not apply to laptop batteries. It sure does for phones and such but not laptops. If it was made so you have to drain it everytime it gets full then nobody would buy laptops. I've had the battery on my laptop last over 4 years without draining it a single time until it died, and I still believe this is not what killed it - it strangely happened as I spilled water all over my desk and I didn't even thought of the problem being the battery, laptop wouldn't launch until I took the battery off.

So don't worry at all, playing with a fully-charged battery and the charger plugged in would not kill your battery(even if it does kill it and mine died due to this, well 4 years are quite a lot of time for such abuse).

Invictus

Donator
It's weird to happen when you don't even use the laptop that much and when you literally bought it 3 months ago.

Eriksen

Donator
Like Rin said, try plugging it in after launching the game. The battery is supposed to work whilst charging non-stop, but unfortunately, laptop provides simply fail to create a feature, making it able to survive whilst charging 24/7. If the battery is even a year old and you keep it charged constantly, it /will/ be broken eventually. I suggest trying to purchase a new battery and charger and start there.
Nothing else to do really.

Status
Not open for further replies.