What's new

Minor, but annoying connection issue that may not be RCRP's fault at all...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kek

Silver Member
Moj0 said:
Try and disable things like Skype and unnecessary things that use a lot of networking - or you can always contact you ISP, explain the situation and ask them for some sort of advice, I used to have this problem until I called mine out on capping the bandwidth and I've never had a problem since! Ask your ISP about it, who are you with if you don't mind me asking? :D

Eircom. Or just "Eir" now apparently. I live away from the city so our speeds by default aren't that good.

As for calling them, that's been top of the list since I've been having issues, but I'd like to try fix it alone, if it is an issue on my end (the QoS thing / other settings in the router that may help), because I'm just like that :whistling:

Moj0

Donator
Kek said:
Moj0 said:
Try and disable things like Skype and unnecessary things that use a lot of networking - or you can always contact you ISP, explain the situation and ask them for some sort of advice, I used to have this problem until I called mine out on capping the bandwidth and I've never had a problem since! Ask your ISP about it, who are you with if you don't mind me asking? :D

Eircom. Or just "Eir" now apparently. I live away from the city so our speeds by default aren't that good.

As for calling them, that's been top of the list since I've been having issues, but I'd like to try fix it alone, if it is an issue on my end (the QoS thing / other settings in the router that may help), because I'm just like that :whistling:

Understandable - Alright, Obviously being away from a city doesn't exactly help however it's still an issue - more so probably with your ISP than yourself. Keep me updated! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.