Announcement Mapping Team Recruitment [OPEN]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Earl

Management

Mapping Team Recruitment

Recruitment
_
The server has been left without a proper mapping team for a very long time, and due to the lack of results of me looking for qualified mappers myself - I've decided to open the recruitment and hopefully bring the team back to its former functionality. As an official server Mapper your job will be to provide high quality interiors (and sometimes exteriors) of all kinds, depending on the needs at a given moment. This includes general server maps (for example a DMV interior) which you will map either on my request or of your own accord, as well as business interiors created for regular players. People who have asked me about becoming a mapper earlier might remember being told that they wouldn't be allowed to ask for payment for bizz interiors - this has now changed, and you will be allowed to charge money for those. As an official Mapper you will have much more exposure and you will be asked to create interiors for people much more often, so this should allow you to get a fair source of additional income. The only maps you will have to create for free are the general maps mentioned above. It's also worth noting that this position is not related to furnishing houses - you'll be free to furnish for people if you so please, but it is not requirement.

If you think you have what it takes, and you'd like to join the team and provide the server with your maps then go ahead and send me a forum PM. There will be no application format, because when it comes to a creative position such as Mapper I believe it's much more important for me to look at the maps you've created instead of forced paragraphs such as "why would you like to become a mapper?". All you have to do is send me a forum PM titled 'Mapper recruitment', with a brief information about your mapping experience, as well as links to your previous creations (preferably imgur albums or threads in the Mapping section, I will not download and review your map files). We will then have a chat and you'll be told whether you can be hired or if you need to work a bit more in order to be eligible.

The recruitment will be open indefinitely, it will be closed once the team has a satisfactory amount of members.
_
Requirements

In order to uphold the high standard of maps on RC:RP there are multiple requirements that you need to meet in order to become a Mapper. Please read them thoroughly and make sure you meet them all before sending me a PM.

• You need to have a fair amount of experience in mapping up to the current standards (confirmed by screenshots of your previous works).
  • As a Mapper you will be using Texture Studio to create your maps, so you need to know how to use it effectively.
  • If you have a lot of experience with the RC:RP furniture script you are also eligible for applying (as it's fairly similar), although you will have to learn how to use Texture Studio first.
  • You have to be an active member of the community for at least 6 months.
  • You need to have a good reputation when it comes to your admin record, attitude and general contribution.
  • You need to have enough free time to create at least one large map or two smaller maps every month (this, of course, won't be a requirement if there's nothing to map in a given month).
  • Having an interest and knowledge in interior design and home arranging will also be very welcome.
If you feel that you meet all the above requirements then gather your past works and send me a PM!
_
End note

Thank you for reading this announcement, feel free to apply!

Earl
Head of Mapping
_

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.