What's new

Mapping light issues?

Oakwood

Basically, I'm currently working on a mapping project but every wall is like in a different lighting.Like the flooring isn't all in the same color, some blocks are darker but some lighter.I thought that it might be because of the mapping not having the top, like a roof yet and it's just cuz of the daylight but then I placed a couple blocks on the top as well and it still is the same.Here's a pic to explain better what issue I'm having - https://imgur.com/a/NeVtj, https://imgur.com/a/ncZLW.

Earl

Head of Maps
Management
That's just how lighting works in the game, there's no way to fix this really, other than applying a while color to the object ("/mtcolor 0 0xFFFFFFFF" in texture studio). However, that will make the object immune to lighting in general, so it's not a real fix to the issue. Generally it's better to just avoid using light-generating objects, but in case it's not possible - we have the /lights command on RCRP, which changes the hour within the interior (objects will generate light only during night hours), and that fixes the issue by making lamps etc. turn off.

Oakwood

Earl said:
That's just how lighting works in the game, there's no way to fix this really, other than applying a while color to the object ("/mtcolor 0 0xFFFFFFFF" in texture studio). However, that will make the object immune to lighting in general, so it's not a real fix to the issue. Generally it's better to just avoid using light-generating objects, but in case it's not possible - we have the /lights command on RCRP, which changes the hour within the interior (objects will generate light only during night hours), and that fixes the issue by making lamps etc. turn off.

1.Can you explain it like a normal person?Like, what do you mean by light-generating objects?I've no lamps or such in the mapping and there was the same issue when I had inserted just the floor and nothing else.
2.How do you fix this in your mappings?
3.Making an object light-immune means that it will not make any shadows from neon lights or such?

Earl

Head of Maps
Management
1. If you didn't add any lamps/lights and mapped the walls far away from the ground, then I have no idea what could be causing your issue. :? It's most likely an issue for you only though, so even if you don't fix it - the map should look just fine on RCRP.
2. I've never experienced the thing you've screenshotted without using objects that generate light, so I never had to deal with it.
3. Yeah, it means that the object will look exactly the same no matter if it's daytime or nighttime, or if there's a light-generating object nearby or not.

Oakwood

Earl said:
1. If you didn't add any lamps/lights and mapped the walls far away from the ground, then I have no idea what could be causing your issue. :? It's most likely an issue for you only though, so even if you don't fix it - the map should look just fine on RCRP.
2. I've never experienced the thing you've screenshotted without using objects that generate light, so I never had to deal with it.
3. Yeah, it means that the object will look exactly the same no matter if it's daytime or nighttime, or if there's a light-generating object nearby or not.

1.Is 999 in Z far enough from the ground?I mean, I can still see some buildings which are on the ground...

Earl

Head of Maps
Management
Oakwood said:
Earl said:

1.Is 999 in Z far enough from the ground?I mean, I can still see some buildings which are on the ground...
Yeah, even ~10 meters would be enough for most light objects. I have no idea what's causing your issue, maybe it's some kind of a mod you have?

Oakwood

Earl said:
Oakwood said:
Earl said:

Yeah, even ~10 meters would be enough for most light objects. I have no idea what's causing your issue, maybe it's some kind of a mod you have?
Nope, got 0 mods.I also was confused about this issue.A fun fact is that in the mapping tool the map looks fine but when you go In-Game, it just has these lighting issues.

Meyvikk

Donator
You don't happen to have a retextured hud, font or a colormod do you? I have the same issue however it's due to my color mod

Oakwood

Adco597 said:
You don't happen to have a retextured hud, font or a colormod do you? I have the same issue however it's due to my color mod

As far as I remember, I don't have any of the ones you mentioned.My GTA is completely clean from Steam and has just been downgraded.

Tom

Donator
Like this?
https://i.imgur.com/wjbgBNR.png
https://i.imgur.com/jKQ8fbm.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/Khse1wS.png

IIRC Even without lightning objects, IG walls will from certain angles have different lightning by default, only way to fix it is by avoiding mixing walls of different dimension, or avoiding placing walls inside eachother so one wall cuts off the others'.

Also to note, all surfaces of a wall has a tendency to react differently to light (edges, front & back surface)