What's new

Denied Mail/Delivery Person Job

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crabpuss

I was thinking a way to message players with delay and IC would be rather nifty.

Also as a way to message players that are offline without use of the Forum. I don't know if thats possible or not but it would help to dramatically increase the communication between players for those that do not know the respective player's forum name.

It would have a standard cost to use and when the receiving player logged in they would be notified of a "letter" waiting for them to be picked up. Said letter could be picked up at their house or at a designated building for a Post Office.

It would need a large cooldown, so people didn't log in to find some jerk had sent them a gazillion messages while they were offline all saying 'U GAY'.

/letter Adrian_Kane U GAY
"Your message is being delivered, thank you for using FCMail"
/letter Adrian_Kane U GAY
"You must wait another 20 minutes before you can send this person another letter!"
So you couldn't send the same person a letter more than once every 20 minutes, but you could send three different people letters one straight after the other.

Addressing specific homes (as there are addresses for everyone's home) could also work instead of /letter [player name]; /letter [address] (ie, /letter 5 Dollar Lane U GAY)

A postal worker job would be an excellent addition to this service. You send a letter and the worker would drive it up to your house or hotel room which is where you would pick it up. (Assuming, of course, that you have a house or rented room somewhere) Otherwise you'd pick it up at a PO box.

Also, you could send packages in the mail. Any item you can sell or buy in the game you can send in the mail. Of course there would be some risks to this, it may get searched and/or confiscated.

Vehicle 428 would work as a mail truck.

Michael_Corner

The idea seems good but, what happens if no players writes letters or no one wants the job....?

craig_jizzy

Michael_Corner said:
The idea seems good but, what happens if no players writes letters or no one wants the job....?
Extremely good point... so to compensate it could be like a side job with a spam timer and every thing but theres also a separate time that has nothing to do with how many people do the job before the letter gets sent so if you send one to someone so it gets to them no matter what.

Crabpuss

If no one wants the job (definitely wont happen) they can pick it up themselves at a post office thats way the fuck out of the way to discourage people getting it themselves.

beauhobbs

Michael_Corner said:
Well you have them as two different factors..

Have it so you can deliver letters like the trucking job, every so often.

And have letters deliver instantly from /writeletter [name] [words] or after about 5 mins?

Alec

Retired Admin
Its good but I dont know how the forums could communicate with the server..

Tommy

Alec_Rae said:
Well , ehm ... how to say this , yes :
We could input a cmd like /writeletter , then it comes out (like /assistance) to type the name of the person. ( like /writenote , it appears , I type : Lex Waqqa ( the person doesn't have to be active , just registered ) And then , I write the letter in a window like in /assistance , if the player ain't registered , it says just like in login , The name is not found , please , retype it again , and check your spelling

PS. we have to be at the post office , ( make interior like at the PC bank )

Casablancas

Retired Admin
Well, I think it's a nice idea.
But the server atm is still too small for it.
When the server grows bigger (and it certainly will) this will work.

I /SUPPORT.

Cook

Crabpuss

Alec_Rae said:
It has nothing to do with the forums.

Its an in-game message command that delays delivery of the message.

Status
Not open for further replies.