What's new

Let's fix the roleplaying here.

Icy

Gold Member
Hello everyone.

I've been wondering about this the past time, and I thought I would throw it out here.

Why is it, that everyone must be the cool hardcore gangster, and don't take shit from anyone? Why does everyone have to get involved with things that are not of their business?

Let me give you an example:
Last night, me and some of my employees of Epsilon Inc are roleplaying at the warehouse site, we're having a meeting. Random persons comes up to us says "What you doing??" and parks their cars next to 'our' offices blocking the way for our own vehicles. We ask them to leave, I call security, as any real employer would do - And when security asks them to remove their vehicles, they ignore them, run around in circles, refusing to follow our orders.

Other than that, I have numerous times had people coming up to us RP'ing at different places, us asking them to leave as we're not interested in strangers hearing our conversations, who says "You don't own this place I can be here so fuck off"(metagaming, since they don't actually know that) and proceeds to annoy us.

In real life, anyone who were asked to leave by men in suits with a fleet of businesscars, WOULD DO SO, unless they had business with us.

Unless you actually have any power in-game(You're a gangleader, mayor, owner of a large company or faction, something like that) don't RP some motherfucking badass, hardcore guy who refuses to take orders from anyone. I am very tired of this. Any sane person in real life would do what people(like us) say, as they would be afraid of the consequences if they didn't - lawsuits, cops, even our own security.

Then how should you RP a real civilian?
I have a good example:
You find something interesting going on, some men in suits are packing up a van at a large warehouse facility. You are curious and walk up to them(if you MUST, but who the hell would do that in real life?), asking them what's going on. They ask you to leave. You say, "Oh alright, sorry." and walk away.
That would be good RP for both sides. But if you had shouted "You dont own dis place" "/b lol u cant attack me den i call admin and tell ur dming!!" and had stayed there, that would be bad RP. And the bad part happens way too often.

Lot of good RP is going on, and mostly noobs do this. But please. Act like you would in real life.

Another topic I'd like to mention:
Why is violent RP just about the only RP on this server? All the roleplay here is about gangs, the police, or secret military factions. Where's the daily life, business, working to pay your bills, living a peaceful life with your friends and family, going on trips to the forest, all of that kind of thing?

I am not asking for GTA: The Sims, but I'm asking for realism. Of course, gangs are a part of the GTA Universe, but so is the daily life. That's the reason I've started my business company, to get some of this into the server. So think about it. You don't have to be a gangster or a cop, you can be a normal guy working at the local store. But who should you RP with, in that case? You could go to the bar with your friends, talk to the owner of a general store, ask him for work(Actually stand behind the desk in the store... maybe add a function where you can only buy things while someone is there, if more than 20 players are on? That way, running a business would be nice RP), you could go fishing.

Maybe people disagree with me here, but I would love to see peaceful RP. There should be criminals and cops, they do their part and make things interesting. But not everyone should be hardcore gangsters or corrupt law enforcement.

TL;DR version: Think "Would I do this in real life" every time you do something, and start living a normal life. Please, for the love of god.

Cruzito Canderias

Retired Admin
Well dude, you just made me supporting your faction.
That´s all true what you said, I am lucky about the Taxi Company and Elite Trucking, atleast two organizations/business, that role plays like in real life - agreed

I´m also fed up with these wannabe OG´s and I doubt that they would ever learn something about normal role play.
I mean, what about the Itami Credit Ltd. thing?
It´s supposed to be a shark loan company and not a fucking mafia with guns, gangs and stuff.
Itami fired them all and they re-grouped again and just starded the next "dangerous-organization" called Corleone family.
Well, I don´t feel like talking about them, too far away from the major theme, the Morettis owns the Italian-Mafia-RP and finito.

Yes, I like to lead a gang-faction but sometimes I really miss some normal role play.
And for these faggots that act´s like dangerous gangster that can give orders
to everyone. Change your RP and stop acting like Scarface... - also agreed

Icy

Gold Member
Cruzito Canderias said:
Well dude, you just made me supporting your faction.
That´s all true what you said, I am lucky about the Taxi Company and Elite Trucking, atleast two organizations/business, that role plays like in real life - agreed

I´m also fed up with these wannabe OG´s and I doubt that they would ever learn something about normal role play.
I mean, what about the Itami Credit Ltd. thing?
It´s supposed to be a shark loan company and not a fucking mafia with guns, gangs and stuff.
Itami fired them all and they re-grouped again and just starded the next "dangerous-organization" called Corleone family.
Well, I don´t feel like talking about them, too far away from the major theme, the Morettis owns the Italian-Mafia-RP and finito.

Yes, I like to lead a gang-faction but sometimes I really miss some normal role play.
And for these faggots that act´s like dangerous gangster that can give orders
to everyone. Change your RP and stop acting like Scarface... - also agreed
Hell yeah, someone else who agrees with me.

Cabbie Co. is a perfect example. They do real RP, don't fuck with everyone, just stick to their own business and avoid trouble. Don't know about Elite Trucking yet, though.

kude

Bronze Member
I really support. Im tired of it too, youre not the only here who is. I really like just to drive around with couple of friends in a car talking about IC shit etc. Its more fun calling a taxi or even a limousine and show people how rich you are than fucking around and acting OG. Believe me

Walker

kude said:
I really support. Im tired of it too, youre not the only here who is. I really like just to drive around with couple of friends in a car talking about IC shit etc. Its more fun calling a taxi or even a limousine and show people how rich you are than fucking around and acting OG. Believe me
True, or even better, buy limo from shop (We should enable it) And hire driver :D

Muncini

Donator
Icy_Blight said:
Hello everyone.

I've been wondering about this the past time, and I thought I would throw it out here.

Why is it, that everyone must be the cool hardcore gangster, and don't take shit from anyone? Why does everyone have to get involved with things that are not of their business?

Let me give you an example:
Last night, me and some of my employees of Epsilon Inc are roleplaying at the warehouse site, we're having a meeting. Random persons comes up to us says "What you doing??" and parks their cars next to 'our' offices blocking the way for our own vehicles. We ask them to leave, I call security, as any real employer would do - And when security asks them to remove their vehicles, they ignore them, run around in circles, refusing to follow our orders.

Other than that, I have numerous times had people coming up to us RP'ing at different places, us asking them to leave as we're not interested in strangers hearing our conversations, who says "You don't own this place I can be here so fuck off"(metagaming, since they don't actually know that) and proceeds to annoy us.

In real life, anyone who were asked to leave by men in suits with a fleet of businesscars, WOULD DO SO, unless they had business with us.

Unless you actually have any power in-game(You're a gangleader, mayor, owner of a large company or faction, something like that) don't RP some motherfucking badass, hardcore guy who refuses to take orders from anyone. I am very tired of this. Any sane person in real life would do what people(like us) say, as they would be afraid of the consequences if they didn't - lawsuits, cops, even our own security.

Then how should you RP a real civilian?
I have a good example:
You find something interesting going on, some men in suits are packing up a van at a large warehouse facility. You are curious and walk up to them(if you MUST, but who the hell would do that in real life?), asking them what's going on. They ask you to leave. You say, "Oh alright, sorry." and walk away.
That would be good RP for both sides. But if you had shouted "You dont own dis place" "/b lol u cant attack me den i call admin and tell ur dming!!" and had stayed there, that would be bad RP. And the bad part happens way too often.

Lot of good RP is going on, and mostly noobs do this. But please. Act like you would in real life.

Another topic I'd like to mention:
Why is violent RP just about the only RP on this server? All the roleplay here is about gangs, the police, or secret military factions. Where's the daily life, business, working to pay your bills, living a peaceful life with your friends and family, going on trips to the forest, all of that kind of thing?

I am not asking for GTA: The Sims, but I'm asking for realism. Of course, gangs are a part of the GTA Universe, but so is the daily life. That's the reason I've started my business company, to get some of this into the server. So think about it. You don't have to be a gangster or a cop, you can be a normal guy working at the local store. But who should you RP with, in that case? You could go to the bar with your friends, talk to the owner of a general store, ask him for work(Actually stand behind the desk in the store... maybe add a function where you can only buy things while someone is there, if more than 20 players are on? That way, running a business would be nice RP), you could go fishing.

Maybe people disagree with me here, but I would love to see peaceful RP. There should be criminals and cops, they do their part and make things interesting. But not everyone should be hardcore gangsters or corrupt law enforcement.

TL;DR version: Think "Would I do this in real life" every time you do something, and start living a normal life. Please, for the love of god.
I Agree... That would be awsome if that happened that the most people act like an real family taking trips and work for the money... And such...

Vladimir Radev

Bronze Member
Roleplay dies becouse we got to easy sidejobs that pay well.
Most of the people just run around non Rply doing sidejobs. So they get cash buy cars blabla.
Money should be harder to get , also weapons.

Sonny Black

Brucie said:
kude said:
True, or even better, buy limo from shop (We should enable it) And hire driver :D
Having a driver fails trust me i know it

Cruzito Canderias said:
Look guys i am not from the corleones but i am one of their security guards and i know very well how to rp perfect but i found many players on the server dming Corelones and other guards dont even have chance to type /me (rp) they start to shoot off so whats the point of wasting the time (I dont hate any body)but your all comments on corleones are just words i need guys pictures or screen shots to believe that so please do that and post the picture then talk (Thanks for your time all)..