What's new

Khaleesi's (LSRP+) screenshot guide

Khaleesi

Donator
Disclaimer: LS-RP+ is a feature developed by Nexus long ago which hasn't been updated, and this guide is from that time. I didn't bother to update it too much, except taking out some direct links to another forum. I've been asked a bunch of times how I edit my screenshots and it just gets tiring to explain the same thing over and over again — it's why I initially created the guide. This way is also super easy compared to Photoshop. You've got samples down below of how my screenshots look while using LSRP+ in editing them.

P.S. Liquicity is my other nickname.

Liquicity said:
Initially, Nexus and me believed it's my old PC having Windows XP SP 3 at the time which had a default Arial 2.95 installed (around the time SAMP was made and that was the used font version for the IG chat). It wasn't and Fireworks is completely right after Windows 10 has been giving me a hard time to fiddle with font settings.

So, if you're on Windows 7+ or something alike, go to C:\Windows\Fonts\.

• Adjust ClearType settings.
  • Disable ClearType (if you want your text to look like the given samples a.k.a as accurate as the In Game text)
  • Do the display settings as you please.

I'm gonna let you pick between these to see how accurate they are. Tell me which is LSRP+ and which is IG text.

8b049651afd4399c042422cc6ea90a00.png

2724df21c715053f930354fee565b343.png

b04878c34b4a6d66cec74fa135d9a726.png

Liquicity said:
LIQUICITY's LSRP+ SCREENSHOTS GUIDE
Hi.

• Before I start with this guide, I'll let you know about what LSRP+ is. It's a program developed by Nexus which serves as a tool. It lets you make a friendlist based on IG names and track their status, has a financial simulator, chatlog archiver and parser and finally, a screenshot editor for those who can't understand or can't use Photoshop. I'm one of those that don't use Photoshop, hence I decided to use this once it was released.

I started using Nexus' LSRP+ since day one (first release was 23rd December 2015, so 2 years now) and I have been asked ever since about how do I edit them with the program. Although the program is pretty easy to use, I managed to find out an original way to make my screenshots look very similar, if not equal, with the SAMP fonts, while using a chatlog version of inserting the text. If you want to know how to do them alike and learn any other role play screenshots tips, I suggest you to read this until the end.

STEPS

1. 1.
    • Download and install LSRP+.
    • Start to save your chatlogs whenever you go In Game. If you can't with LSRP+ due to the API, use a chatlog archiver.
    • Go to Screenshot Editor.
    • Choose Edit Screenshot and open the desired picture.
    • Find a dimension and angle that you like.
      • Tip: If you want a fitting size for the forum page, make the width of 830. (e.g. 830 x <InsertValue>).
    • Go to Chat Settings. It should look like this.
    • Understand all the listed values.
      • X is a numeric value that sets the text away from the left of the screen. This is what X does.
      • Y is a numeric value that sets the text away from the top. This is what Y does.
        • Tip: To make it look like the SAMP's chatbox, set any value above 15. I use 20.
      • Font size represents the size of the font.
        • Tip: To equal font sizes from different IG resolutions, use only 8, 9, 10 and 11. (8 = 800x600, 9/10 = 1024x768+, 11+ = 1280x1024+).
      • Stroke size is self explanatory. Anything above 1 isn't right, though.
      • Font bold is, as well, self explanatory. Let it be enabled.
      • Character name is the name that your character has amongst the lines of text that you will insert when editing the said screenshot.
      • Font type is the font type.
        • Tip: Contrary to popular belief, SAMP uses Arial Rounded MT Bold and nothing else when it comes to chatbox text.
    • Put your own!
    • Open LSRP+ again and go to Chatlog Parser.
    • Paste your chatlog in Chatlog.
    • Set parsing keywords in Keyword List. These should be the names of the people you role played with.
    • Hit Parse and keep the parsed chat window.
    • Open Set Chat, back in the editing screenshot window.
    • Insert the parsed chat and save it.
    • Export the outcome and you're ready to post it!
    7. Tips.
    • Do as explained in "Tips" at each point to duplicate the SAMP text and have a similar picture to default.
    • Once you put your text in, it should look like this.
      7c369da582639bcb9599ec0d6885afdb.png
    • You should add blank lines to side the text in your picture, based on displayed moments, from the start to the end.
      f1624a63cfff91384ebd080234af56ff.png
    • Always mind the 180 degree rule when you take a picture for your showcase.
    • Avoid fix compass angles. Never take a picture while aiming the camera exactly north, south, east or west.
    • Use other cinematic views while IG to get unique angles. Press V the default to switch between them.

You're welcome. I'll answer anything that you want to ask about this. Nevermind the text I used in my examples, we just thought to joke about. :lol:

Sefer said:
LSRP+ colorlist for RC-RP.

{c2a2da} - /me
{e6e6e6} - talking
{967100} - radio
{009000} - advert
{f8a400} - /s
{bebebe} - /l
{c520ff} - asay
{004fe7} - storing or taking something from the trunk / gunrack
{565f91} - /w
{fbff00} - /m

Randallinho

Silver Member
Since RCRP doesn't use asterisk for /me, you'll have to set the font color yourself. The color code is {b99bd0} (put it before your /me, for example {b99bd0}/me nods bla bla).
Khaleesi said:
(first release was 23rd December 2017, so 2 years now)
:LUL: :LUL: :LUL:

Khaleesi

Donator
Randallinho said:
Since RCRP doesn't use asterisk for /me, you'll have to set the font color yourself. The color code is {b99bd0} (put it before your /me, for example {b99bd0}/me nods bla bla).
Khaleesi said:
(first release was 23rd December 2017, so 2 years now)
:LUL: :LUL: :LUL:
I'll update a full color list for RC-RP soon, and yeah, I fixed that typo. :D

Donut

Silver Member
definitely a guide that everyone using lsrp+ should read

Codac

Donator
if you dont spend hours manually editing your screenshots in photoshop and you use lsrp+ you automatically arent a good roleplayer !!!!!

good shit khaleesi

Oldi

Platinum Member
Codac said:
if you dont spend hours manually editing your screenshots in photoshop and you use lsrp+ you automatically arent a good roleplayer !!!!!

good shit khaleesi
photoshop is about ten times quicker than lsrp bro what you on about.
very nice guide btw, i made a private one myself but it isnt as detailed. should be stickied

Codac

Donator
Oldi said:
Codac said:

good shit khaleesi
photoshop is about ten times quicker than lsrp bro what you on about.
very nice guide btw, i made a private one myself but it isnt as detailed. should be stickied
i rarely ever take and post screenshots but the last couple screenshots i did manually editing them took more time than making them in lsrp+

Khaleesi

Donator
Difference between this and Photoshop is huge. I don't enjoy doing /blindme everytime to take countless screenshots of the text when I can simply go about what I want, take a few artistic screenshots so I can stick what I want on them and then just do it in a few minutes after I'm done role-playing. It's why I chose this like 2 years ago when I was really not fond of PS.