What's new

Keybind to instantly take a screen of /blindme chat.

Inocentiu59

Bronze Member
Many times when approached by someone or when RPing I forget or don't have the time to set the page size and do /blindme in order to take a screen of the chat that would be of use for a character development story/ faction thread as those seconds you take to put the commands in could be vital. And when done with the RP there might be text that can't be scrolled to because it's too far up. So I made this really simple script for AutoHotKey that when activated by any kind of key or key combination makes the page size to the desired one, sets the black screen with /blindme, takes a screenshot, and after that returns to the chat's previous settings.
If you are interested in using this there are youtube tutorials on how to get AutoHotKey running that can explain it ten times better than I ever could.
Here a quick showcase of how it works when applied: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-9CCjAXdI0&feature=youtu.be
And here is a link to download the script file: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1YveCU_WwLplfgV3Pkx--qxl77WQ6TJIP/view?usp=sharing

The scrip:

LAlt & 1::
SendInput t/pagesize 30 {enter}
SendInput t/blindme {enter}
Sleep 500
Send {F8}
SendInput t/blindme {enter}
SendInput t/pagesize 10 {enter}
return

I am using Left Alt with number 1 on the keyboard because they are in reach of wasd and the spacebar making it really easy to access, I suggest not binding the script to just a single key as you will trigger it randomly when just typing.
Also if you want you can make it change your font size as well by adding the line: SendInput t/fontsize (desired font size) {enter} between the page size and blind commands.
The script needs the delay between making the first settings and taking the screen as without it the screen would be taken only after the chat has returned to the initial settings.
I don't know how many people will actually find this useful but I know for sure this will make taking screens of the chat way easier for me.

Cargo.

Donator
Been done before for blindme and artistic as well by command but this is a good alternative too!