What's new

Just a quick rule question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lawson

Gold Member
So, what are the rules about taser vs gun, because SP wise it's punishable. But my point is, If I already had my taser aimed at someone and they took out their gun, am I allowed to tase them knowing that I had my aim on them WAY before they took out their gun, thanks in advance.

(Please quote me when replying so I get a notification)

Matty

Donator
It's rather unrealistic and classed as Non-RP, maybe even powergaming.

If they reach for their gun, it'd be realistic to taze them, but once they have the gun in their hand it'd be unrealistic and also against SP protocol as their finger would spasm and probably hold the trigger down uncontrollably, firing in random directions.

Sliver

Donator
if you already have a taser in your hand, aiming at the suspect, and he then takes out his gun, id say you gotta do what you do to survive, and tazing him(considering youre already aiming at him) would be correct in my opinion

Luke

Donator
If I was in the position where I had a taser aimed at somebody and they moved their hands somewhere, I'd tase them there and then. The more time you give them to get a potential weapon out, the more likely you are to get shot or watch someone being shot. You're in a server that promotes heavy roleplaying which requires you to use your initiative most of the time. You're not power gaming if you don't want your life to be endangered. If someone does a /me saying they're reaching for their gun, it's up to you to determine if your character would react with the tase or immediately move to cover and get a more appropriate weapon/call for back up.

Lawson

Gold Member
But my pint is most ppl do not roleplay. I one had my taser pointes on someone and he just took out with gun and started ahooting with an ame bind so. If someone starts or tries to start shooting with a taser on him. Can I tase?

Arky

Retired Admin
Lawson said:
But my pint is most ppl do not roleplay. I one had my taser pointes on someone and he just took out with gun and started ahooting with an ame bind so. If someone starts or tries to start shooting with a taser on him. Can I tase?

No, you can not, It would be considered rush-tase.

BigFoe

Donator
Realistically you can taze them aslong as they don't have it pointed up to the point where it could cause harm to someone

EX;
Reaching for it
Have it gripped and aiming towards the ground

Lawson

Gold Member
ArkyStano said:
Lawson said:

No, you can not, It would be considered rush-tase.

But don't you think it's quite unrealistic for him to instantly bring his gun to his hand and just aim forwards? Realistically it would take him more than 3 seconds to take out his gun, knowing I already have my taser on him, I'd not hesitate to tase him the point he reaches for holster, but when they just smash the gun withdrawal RP button and start shooting instantly, that's unrealistic.

Thiago

Donator
I say It's unrealistic to even pull a gun out while having a taser aimed at you, at least scriptly; If he roleplays it and gives you the time to react, then I think that's fine.

But It'd be rather gun fear from his side to simply just pull a gun out while having a taser aimed at him, considering that you would taze him if he does any sudden movements.

Status
Not open for further replies.