What's new

It's called saving the server!

Lee_Chan

Donator
It's Called Saving the Server!
By: Lee Chan
So, it has become very obvious that a number of changes must occur in order for RC-RP to flourish. It is clear that some of these changes may hurt a few individual's feelings... Sadly, this is a sacrifice we must endure. First off, I would like to talk about admins. Aston made a powerful point in his post within the administration section about hiring some new moderators that are active. And these players must present only the best roleplay in the server. Since these our the people that manage and run the server, they must be mature and set great examples for any and all players. I would also like to note that I stayed up until 4:35 A.M. last night and saw only a maximum of about 10 people on the server. I mention this because it shows that finding a player that qualifies for our admin standards would prove difficult and not very useful. And with the Junkbuster, I believe most hackers will have a fair chance of being taken care of automatically. Also, every single player we have must roleplay to their fullest potential. And if any player asks a question in newbie chat, other players are expected to answer respectfully. We do not need to see our players, and especially admins, insulting players that only seek help. An unfriendly environment is a trait we are going to avoid. That includes all admins as well. There is no need for the admins to kick or admin jail someone with derogatory comments toward the player. Admins look good if they know how to control their anger. This is a trait I am very familiar with thanks to 4 months of being head admin of a Garry's Mod roleplay server. But all admins must understand that no player is above the server's rules. I am not saying admins must kick and jail like crazy, I am saying that we must train our players for future roleplay experiences while simultaneously enforcing our rules thoroughly and efficiently. I know that some admins may find it hard to do these things that are asked, but I think it would prove to be one of RC-RP's greatest achievements. I would say it is about time that we begin to show Alec just what his administration team and player base are capable of. I have seen some of the most incredible roleplay moments take place on this server. (Example: Marcus Duece -vs- Lee Chan =P) These incredible moments used to be an every day thing! I remember there was a time in my early RC-RP days when my Sentinel broke down on the side of the road, and I waved down Julian_Baker. He told me in local OOC that his /fix spam timer was at 3 minutes yet, so he improvised repairing my car through /me's until it ran out. As sad as it is to say, nowadays, if someone were to have a spam timer, they would say "Shit, sorry I can't fix it." And just drive away... I mean come on people! We are all going to work harder to provide a better roleplay server than any other! SA-RP can go die in a hole, yes?! And everyone, don't forget that you are all allowed to post ideas in the suggestions section. And guess what! It's free of charge to post it! In fact, since you read this, you can post as many suggestions as you want forever, FREE!!!

Lee Chan attempts to cause humor.

Success/Fail? ((Lee Chan))

Meh.. ((General Population))

And yes, there have been many suggestions from regular players that have ended up scripted into the server. Some of these suggestions have actually contributed to the server highly! But I would also like to talk about some other things that will need to be changed. For starters, the S.A.S.T. faction needs to get more serious. I mean, it seems you always like to whip out shit-rays and randomly deathmatch each other. This is no way to behave as a member of that faction. So, William and I (Alt: Chang_Lee) have decided to become more strict with the way the members act. It is time we see the S.A.S.T. be a legitimate and mature faction. It is possible for William or myself to OOCly discharge you for failing to roleplay after many warnings. Even when your inside the P.D. alone with other members, we still want to see you roleplaying! I never understood exactly how Yass felt when dealing with such an awful display until now. I'm not going to lie, it's very annoying. Once again S.A.S.T. members, you must roleplay all the time just like everyone else. Following the speed limits are also super important (40mph in towns, 60mph on country roads, and 100mph on highways). And please, put your damn shit-rays away and never just randomly cycle through your weapons.. because that's just silly. Oh, and no one in the faction is immune to these rules. Hopefully while following these simple rules all the server's cops will be able to help enhance the overall roleplay. And I also think that it will be much more fun to be an S.A.S.T. member, due to the fact that these rules will make the experience of roleplaying one realistic and interesting. And, I suppose that this is a bit off topic, but I highly recommend that Aston get administrator level 3. Aston deserves it because he is on every day, doing all the dirty work. He literally works his ass off (until his mom kicks his ass off the computer). There is no way in hell that Aston has not yet proven worthy of it. He has never abused a single power ever given to him. And having a level 3 admin that is actually active would be stupendous! At least every day, when it rains in-game, people lag and their sound glitches out (including me). And having a great admin like Aston as a level 3 administrator, would be extremely beneficial to the server! Please, Alec, I really think you should give Aston a chance! I really believe you will be pleased with his abnormally and amazing ability to administrate. If anyone is worthy of a chance, Alec, it's Aston by far. Please give him a chance! Now, this last part that I would like to discuss is about Aperture Research. I have spoken with Ian about it, and he's fairly certain he would rather take it down with him. Many of us have agreed that Lee Chan should take over the faction. Quite obviously, Ian has done nothing to even slightly help out the faction I work so hard on (many will clarify with that). I have hired 6/8 members hired in the past two months. And, for all 8 of them, I had to explain everything, and I mean everything, they needed to know about Aperture Research (IC and OOC things). And Ian was basically in-active for about the past month now. He hasn't done any work towards the faction since v1.0 was released. I have hired people, I have done a lot of agent work (emphasis on "a lot") and not to mention I have done plenty of training with the recruits. I had some really good roleplay during the experiences with training. Whenever Ian came on, he wouldn't do anything at all. Say a couple things, maybe go for a ride in a Premier, and that's it. And there is no kind of exaggerating in there whatsoever. Sorry, Ian, but how long did you think I would just stand there and let you waste an amazing faction? I honestly believe that you care more about the power benefit you have being the CEO of it. Being your right hand man for almost three months now, I know for a fact that you just are not the right person fit to lead this faction. Ever since v1.0, everyone hates our faction because you have caused unforgivable amounts of deathmatch cases. It is very sad to see that you let our faction become the laughing stock of RC-RP. And all those times we just wanted to roleplay an event or something, but you would just go where ever you wanted and end up getting us bitched at for non-roleplay. It's been too much Ian. You treat your employees like shit, your always yelling at us if we ask you to get online (and no, we don't ask repeatedly), it was supposed to be your job! And after all my hard work you never thanked me once. So, I have created a list of things that the faction needs to become interesting and give jobs to ranks other than ranks 1 and 4. This will for surely give Aperture Research a better name, and add much more use. If Alec can complete my update (which is actually, well, I think it would be easy for Alec), the faction will have use and able to use more members without getting bored. I care way too much about this faction, seriously, you have no idea. I can't just let it die. Which is why I am presenting 2 choices that make things easy. The first option would be to ICly stay in Liberty (since you're there right now with Tony) and run things there, or I could change the name of it and kind of tweak it just a bit. Ian, please keep in mind it would be easier and it would make more sense for you to just hand it down to Lee Chan, who is your Assistant CEO. I am just not going to stand by and watch you ruin this faction. Aston, Mark, and myself (more than likely more) will fight to make sure this faction doesn't fall into the wrong hands and be wasted.
(Anyone else who wishes to see Ian Burns relieved of his CEO rank in Aperture is free to say so along with why he should.)
(I just think it's important not to see anyone else even come close to quitting. And it's important to hear what everyone might have to say.)
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Here are some random links (I recommend everybody takes a look):

http://www.rc-rp.com/introductions-quitting-temporarily-away-f34/in-activity-t3758-15.htm - Mark Setter's Truth

http://www.rc-rp.com/introductions-quitting-temporarily-away-f34/mark-setter-is-outro-t3638.htm - Mark Setter's Truth

P.S. - I hope you all understand everything I have talked about and also agree with me, for the most part... If you have any questions or comments, your welcome to ask.

Ray_Allan

Bronze Member
(i am now BRAINWASHED! :p)

jokes on the house but nice :D I have never seen Astone (if thats how you spell it) online but by this post i know all about him :D

and i Agree

Decoy

Silver Member
This is definitely what we need to do if we want to change this community to the better of Heavy Roleplay. Highly agree with this.

Mathers

Donator
Fuck that took me about ten minutes to read fully.

I agree with everything 100% though. Aperture recently has been a laughing stock and Lee I've seen that you've been trying to endure some great role play into the faction however, Ian will come on for like twenty minutes (or less) yet still completely manages to fuck up all your hard work. Constantly Ian pissed off the S.A.S.T and other factions because if we asked for help from him he'd be like "Well I'm giving the orders around here now" spawn a hydra or something and fuck everything up that was being done.

His constant handing out Rocket Launchers to Aperture pissed everyone off the most though. The fact that he didn't even role play it most of the time, he'd just hand them out and start shooting like fuck (Like the time in the base where he accidentally killed you due to his rocket spam)

He also just hires his friends into the faction - Most of them can't even role play properly, but they get in because they're his friend. It's ridiculous and seriously needs to be solved - 100% agree that Lee Chan takes over Aperture, as I know you'd put a lot of work into the faction as you already have been doing.

I mean for god sakes, whilst I was S.A.S.T Ian was trying to act like a cop, pulling people over and shit & Everytime he pulled someone over he'd place road blocks around the whole area (Just for a traffic stop - That he shouldn't even be doing) it was pathetic.

Chris_Jacobs

Donator
Decoy is right Lee. This server could really use what you recommended for it. I hope this server gets as fun again as when I joined in October. I think you have a really nice point Lee. I /Agree with you man.

Decoy

Silver Member
Also Alec needs to change some systems of earning cash in a harder way. It's too easy. People just collect tons of money. They get carried away with it buying cars/houses/bizzes and they dont RP. It has to be harder to earn cash or prices of things should just go way higher.

Icy

Gold Member
Decoy said:
Also Alec needs to change some systems of earning cash in a harder way. It's too easy. People just collect tons of money. They get carried away with it buying cars/houses/bizzes and they dont RP. It has to be harder to earn cash or prices of things should just go way higher.
What no, that means people will just have to farm money more, and RP less.

How about adding way more houses(like multiple apartments in the same building)? That would relieve some stress on the economy.

Decoy

Silver Member
Icy_Blight said:
Decoy said:
What no, that means people will just have to farm money more, and RP less.

How about adding way more houses(like multiple apartments in the same building)? That would relieve some stress on the economy.
No. Then people will get involved with RP. I said change some systems. Which means that the best way of making money is through jobs like Drug Dealer or Gun Dealer. For jobs like that you need to include Roleplay. It's kind of dumb the way you can make more money off doing a delivery job than selling drugs. Think about it. Drug dealers are loaded with cash. In real life doing legal jobs like deliveries or truck driving wouldnt get you as much.
People just do side jobs all the time. If jobs were to be made harder and longer. People wouldnt bother doing them and then thats when the RP comes in.

Fox

Banned
I am speechless. I agree 100% with everything you have said. Ian is only a person who wants power, and without power he is nothing.
We have heard of the Outernet times when Ian, and Mick were the most hated people on the server. I am already working my ass off trying to sort things out.

Ray_Allan said:
(i am now BRAINWASHED! :p)

jokes on the house but nice :D I have never seen Astone (if thats how you spell it) online but by this post i know all about him :D

and i Agree
It's probably the timezones, but I am really active, and on everyday.

Waqqa

Then also delete all the donation benefits that are related to money, thanks.