[INFO] DMV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenth

Platinum Member
IG Name
Prof. E. Forstman
DMV
Hello everyone and welcome to my freshly made guide. Since basically alot of people have been asking about this so I thought that maybe I could give a hand by posting a guide which would basically include everything about the DMV. To quickly clarify what is the so called "DMV" it is basically a place where you could go and get your licenses from to try to relate to reality as much as possible!
So, basically in this guide I plan to do the following:
  • [*]Pin point where the DMV is.
    [*]Give a brief introduction about what kind of RP could take place there.
    [*]Explain the point of the test and why it is placed there.
    [*]List the prices of the DMV licenses.
    [*]List the vehicles which are used during the tests.
    [*]Explain briefly the custom plates.
  • The DMV is basically located inside a little town well known as "Montgomery." To be exact if you keep on moving South bound Montgomery Main Street you would notice at the far a little building with a traffic light that keeps changing color every few seconds. Or if you just spawned at Montgomery Noob Spawn you could just get out of the trailer park and you would notice that it is the next building to your left. Note: It is marked by a little a car image on your mini-map to help you find it. Anyways here are a few pictures which I hope would be of assistance to help you find it.

First picture shows the exact location of where it is on the map. It also shows a few things around which would help you to find it if you are somehow lost. NOTE: The red dot represents its location and not the cursor.

The second picture shows what I mean when I said the little building with a traffic light that keeps changing color every few seconds.

The point of the third picture is to basically show you the little car picture that would appear on your mini-map which would also be a great deal of help.
  • I basically know for a fact that sometimes there is nothing to RP in that area if you are alone of basically can't think of something to RP in that area. So, I've decided maybe I could help you out! Basically if you could always RP with a NPC - What is NPC? NPC basically stands for "Non-Played Character." What is the point of NPC? NPCs are there to provide role-play to positions which are not occupied by members of the Red County Roleplay. They are there because 95% of the positions they occupy are positions which are not preferred to be role-played by members of RC:RP for several reasons which may include that, that position being RP'ed by an NPC is a boring position and does not have much of RP or maybe the RP is just a routine nothing new and creative to add.
    Alright, enough about NPCs :p, now let's get back to the main point of this topic. Alright so basically you could RP with an NPC that maybe he for an example is the person standing and handing out paperwork or maybe he is person sitting on the desk who is giving out custom registrations. Here are a few pictures of positions where NPCs would usually be at. Just a note it is not mandatory that you RP the ideas that I've posted if you could come up with more creative ones, why not use them?

In the first picture there is a desk on the right. Maybe you could RP a NPC sitting there who hands out paperwork. Or just leave it up to your creativity! :thumbup:

In this one you could RP taking a class maybe about theoretical stuff and maybe have someone to RP as a tutor. I guess this one is up to you aswell!
Alright in this part of the topic I plan to briefly give you an idea of the prices being used in the DMV. Let's start, shall we?
  • GVL-1 (( They are the normal vehicles license, NOT the big ones, more like civilian vehicles )) Price: $100, Vehicle Used: Admiral
  • GVL-2 (( They are the big large vehicle licenses when you have acquired both licenses GVL-1 and GVL-2 you can basically drive any land vehicle )) Price: $3000, Vehicle Used: Mule
  • MB ((Those are the motorbike licenses)) Price: $2500, Vehicle Used: Sanchez
  • B ((Boat Licenses)) Price: $4000, Vehicle Used: Coastguard
  • A1 ((Helicopter Licenses)) Price: $15,000, Vehicle Used: Sparrow
  • A2 ((Pilot Licenses)) Price $25,000, Vehicle Used: Dodo

As usual since I love my topic having a lot of informational pictures here is a little picture of the list of things you can acquire from the DMV.
NOTE: After you select the option you wish to take please do not forget to read the instructions that would appear on the next page! They could be extremely important!
  • Alright, basically the point of the test to is to try to weed out the people who can't drive obviously, however, that is not the main point of the test. I believe that the main point of the test is to introduce you in a more practical way of the speed limits through the town, country road, highway, etc. It is more like forcing you to know the rules of the road and speed limits since that is the only way to be able to pass the test! If you exceed the speed limit you will fail and will be forced to repeat the test once more. So your main focus whilst doing the test is your speed, however, that is not it! You will also need to be able to drive your vehicle safely without crashing it within a period of time. If you by any way shape or form break any of those rules that are set up, then I am afraid to tell you that you are going to fail the test and will be required to re-do it or you could just forget about it! Just keep trying you'll get there someday!
1-
This would be the "Admiral" which will be used to your GVL-1 test.

2-
This is the "Mule" which you will be using to do your GVL-2 test.

3-
This would be the "Sanchez" which you would use to take your Motorbike licenses.

4-
This is the "Coastgaurd" which you will be using to do your Boat licenses.

5-
This is the Sparrow which will be used to take your Helicopter licenses.

6-
This would be the "Dodo" which will be used to take your Pilot licenses.
Finally the custom plates! Alright basically custom plates are there to help make your vehicle more and more unique and to make it look like one of a kind! However, unique things do not come easy I suppose they always come with money!
Where can you acquire them? They are basically inside the DMV by the desk to your right. Head over to that desk and you will be able to change your custom plates.
Anyways here are the prices for your custom plates!
  • 4 Characters: $2,500,000
  • 5 Characters: $1,250,000
  • 6 Characters: $300,000
  • 7 Characters: $40,000

As you have clearly noticed that the more characters you put in the lower the amount of cash you would need to pay.
NOTE: Only alphabetical characters and numbers are allowed!

As always here is a little picture to show you the desk. NOTE: You are going to need to move over to the yellow "i" mark to be able to set your custom plates.

Kenth

Platinum Member
IG Name
Prof. E. Forstman
If you happen to find any errors or mistakes please do not hesitate to come forward and ask me to change them, I'll be more than happy to help!

Kenth

Platinum Member
IG Name
Prof. E. Forstman
Edited the pictures since they looked awkward :p

Status
Not open for further replies.