[In progress] BBCode Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.

This may have been created before, but I intend to create it and keep the work ongoing for any additional items that may be added for the forums. I will be starting out with the basic "Built-in" codes that are for example;

bold
italic
underlines
  • Lists

links
sizes and
colors

Above are the built in codes for the original PHPbb software, but they aren't explained much. So, here goes:

BOLD TEXT
You can write in bold text on this forums, as a style of writing. It can be used for pointing information out.

To use this, you can do this:

Code:
[b]Type your text inside here.[/b]
Example: Type your text inside here.

ITALIC TEXT
You can write in italic text on this forums, as another style of writing. It can be used for stating something, or making it used for a maybe situation.

Code:
[i]Type your text inside here.[/i]

UNDERLINED TEXT
You can write in underlined text on this forums, as yet another style of writing. It can be used for headers of a page, which would also be involved with other styles such as Bold and Italic.

Code:
[u]Type your text inside here.[/u]

QUOTATIONS
You can quote other phrases that you have heard via this, or other members of the forums. This is a good way to reference to somebody else's post on the forums in-case of anything such as a complaint thread.

To use the quotation system, you can do this:

Code:
[quote]This is a quote with no reference.[/quote]
This will display as this:

This is a quote with no reference.
Though, that's not the only method of "quotations" that you can use, you can also reference somebody in a quote on the same BBCode.

This is how you can do it:

Code:
[quote="LilJonny"]I have just quoted myself.[/quote]
This will be displayed along these lines:

LilJonny said:
I have just quoted myself.

CODE FORMAT
With the "Code" system, you're able to produce items such as application formats that people must follow and etcetera. There are many things that you can do with code tags it's unreal, as the server uses them a lot. Bug reports, ban appeals, complaints, refunds, faction applications. They are used board-wide.

To use the code system, you can implement anything that you want from other BBCodes to just text, but here is an example of how to use it with BOLD tags.

Code:
[code][b]Please type your in-game name here:[/b]
[/code]

This would be displayed as this;

Code:
[b]Please type your in-game name here:[/b]

LISTS WITH [*]
A list is used a lot around the board also, and is used to point out items that are needed or not in the certain area you're looking at.

Here is an example of how to use the list tab. Remember, you must you "[.list]" to start the list and "[./list]" to end it.

Code:
[list][*]Hello.[*]I'm Jonny.[/list]
The above code will be displayed as follows:

• Hello.
  • I'm Jonny.

IMAGE TAG
The image tag is used to implement a picture into the board. This is used way more than a lot of the other BBCodes around.

This is how you would use it:

Code:
[img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/8fe28o9kwlkl03c/TUTORIAL.png?dl=1&token_hash=AAH3djtDvAvqrxnKBlLfY6bPXlkAzzUkFpV3qmE0uYBGTw ((YOUR LINK))[/img]
It will be displayed as this:

More will be added tomorrow.

Bauer

Retired Admin
IG Name
Patrick Bauer
Nice, only one thing:

Code:
the [./*] isn't needed at all. the [.*] works without it.

Bauer said:
Nice, only one thing:

Code:
the [./*] isn't needed at all. the [.*] works without it.
Awesome, thanks. I will bare that in mind myself. :)

Edit: Edited the main guide for the above. :)

IG Name
Alvaro Calixta
IG Faction
Long Live La Onda
Thank for your tutorial! I really suck at this stuff.. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.