What's new

I don't want to command people but..

Belgier

Donator
..there's really no time to lose.

You probably wonder that the fuck is he talking about, well, I'm talking about a /secure vehicle, bizz, house and afterwards a cleanup.
I know this has been said several times but I have a pretty decent argument added to it.

Yesterday (for me that's Sunday, European time) we had a top of 48 players (that's the maximum what I saw, maybe there were even more at some moments) which results the average numbers of yesterday to be as followed:

Now, having such an amount of players on the server is great, everywhere you go something is going on, unlike many other moments at the server.
Those players won't stay when they figure out it's close to impossible to get a car of their own, even more to get an own house. People partly play bacause they can own properties and vehicles at a server and at the moment, the server fails at delivering the things needed for this.

As I stated above, many players will give up when they can't have any of those. (I'm one of the fewer that continiued playing during the same problems in February) Of course, the server isn't (only) about houses, cars and businessess, but since it adds to the roleplay (having friends comming over, some RL-RP and more) and them showing the IC 'status'/'wellness' of the players, they are keywords for having a good running server.

Now, I hope these arguments will be enough for considering to do a cleanup as soon as possible. I'd also like to add that this time the /secure-period should only take 2 weeks in stead of one month, because as I stated at my very first sentence, there's really no time to lose.

I can only hope that you saved the cleanup algorithm somewhere on your HD, Alec, because in my opinion, and that of many other people, this is a very important topic. On a last note, I ain't trying to force people to do something or to put stress on them, I'm just stating what a large part of the server thinks and included some hopefully valid arguments. I hope this topic will have a reason to have been made.

Greetz,
ah well, you know me

Alec

Retired Admin
Sadly the /secure feature was fully removed from the script.
The option I am working on now is an algorithm for comparing the last login date(recent update allowed this) to the owners of the houses and businesses.

So basically, the format is: (example) 3rd May 2010 - 16:55 PM
If this can be converted to 3 variables day, month, year(numerical values, not words "st", "April"), I can calculate the amount of days since the last login.

So if last login is more than 60 days ago, then owners will be removed.

Belgier

Donator
That is sad, it could've brought a temporary solution. Glad to hear about the second part tho.
Is there already a register holding those dates? (probably there is, but I'm curious :) )

Alec

Retired Admin
Joey Belgier said:
That is sad, it could've brought a temporary solution. Glad to hear about the second part tho.
Is there already a register holding those dates? (probably there is, but I'm curious :) )
Yes I can get anyones last login date/time and anyones register date(assuming its was after 1.0).

MaddGuss

Those players won't stay when they figure out it's close to impossible to get a car of their own, even more to get an own house.
Thats EXACTLY what i was thinking before, so i made a little research through the forums.
I'm a new player. I got a rather big experience of RP, and as far as im here i enjoy it most than any other servers before. Untill some kids told me that you cant buy any car because ALL of them are owned! At the same time, i discovered myself all houses, even the smallest and shittest trailer, was owned by some never-heard players!
I want to say that i'm here just a week, and before 2 hours i thought of leaving the server. The reason would be of course the quoted sentence above; "It seems like i am wasting my time in here working and gettin cash wishing soon i am the owner of a house and a nice car and in the end realizing i have no chance of making this shit happen..."! Just imagine: RC-RP gets many new players everyday. I am one of those. And instead of leaving this prototype-concept server, i am requesting (if not commanding) a clean-up!
I'm going to post some further ideas on the subjects soon...

Thanks for reading,
Madd.

Belgier

Donator
Well, an other problem is that some alts of alts alts of alts of alts of some main account have bizz'es and houses too...
That's one of the reasons I don't like alt's in general.