What's new

huge packet loss

Status
Not open for further replies.

OpsMaster41

Bronze Member

basically, my packetloss and ping were never this huge. It was an average of 50 ping and 0.1 packet loss. Maybe it could be a DDos attack?

OpsMaster41

Bronze Member
Usually when I get ig I start with super high packet loss nearing the 50's but sometimes mine does lower to mid 20's and ping is usually always around 50
it might be the wind outside. I'll see if the same thing is happening tomorrow, if it is. I am resetting my IP if admins let me of course, I think it could be a DDos attack.

Eriksen

Donator
It'll happen frequently if your bandwidth is shit, and people watch Netflix everywhere in your house.

OpsMaster41

Bronze Member
It'll happen frequently if your bandwidth is shit, and people watch Netflix everywhere in your house.
we have two wifi's, don't have an ethernet cable though. I only use this one, no one else uses that one, but I could get an ethernet cable, maybe then it will be WAY better.

Eriksen

Donator
It will surely. The problem lies within the router. It prioritise devices a certain way. If people are streaming and it demands a higher amount of effort, it'll basically put you at the list's bottom. An ethernet cable will automatically put you to the top. It depends on the router and your ISP but in most cases it will fix it.

OpsMaster41

Bronze Member
It will surely. The problem lies within the router. It prioritise devices a certain way. If people are streaming and it demands a higher amount of effort, it'll basically put you at the list's bottom. An ethernet cable will automatically put you to the top. It depends on the router and your ISP but in most cases it will fix it.
I could turn on parental control in the router settings, making only my PC access the wifi, but I'll just go safer and use the ethernet cable.

Status
Not open for further replies.