• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

How to use: /me & /do

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, first I want to clear off that the difference about /me and /do is that
1. /me is an ACTION you do, NOT an observation. Take this for an example: /me looks at Ryan while scratching his neck.
2. /do is an observation, not an action. Take this for an example: /do Ryan is wearing a black T-shirt, it's written 'Slipknot' on it.

When you use /me be careful not to misuse it, always give the other guy a chance to interact back with you. You can do: /me tries to push Ryan. Did you see that you didn't automatically push him, you TRIED to push him. If you would do: /me pushes Ryan. It would be powergaming and you'd be kicked / Admin Jailed.

When you use /do there's almost no limits. You can do almost anything with /do. You can easily use /do instead of /me but it's more stress and you have to type your own name all the time. This is a pretty good /Do that I made a while back: /do Mia is wearing a red skirt and a pink T-shirt with Hello-Kitty on. She also has several bracelets on her arm. Mia also has black hair with red stripes.

Well, that's the basic /me & /do guide, hope you learn a bit from it.

Mikhail.I

Platinum Member
IG Name
Mikhail_Izmailov
IG Faction
Bolsheviks
Hopkins said:
Mia Moore said:
If you would do: /me pushes Ryan. It would be powergaming and you'd be kicked / Admin Jailed.
Actually no, as a light RP server we don't enforce attempts and shit, if you want to /me pushes Ryan, that's fine.
Good guide though.
That's bad though.

Casablancas

Retired Admin
IG Name
Murphy Blackstone
Good guide.
Maybe this will finally let some guys learn the rules of RPing.

Mr LCFC

Hopkins said:
Mia Moore said:
If you would do: /me pushes Ryan. It would be powergaming and you'd be kicked / Admin Jailed.
Actually no, as a light RP server we don't enforce attempts and shit, if you want to /me pushes Ryan, that's fine.
Good guide though.
Can't we just go Heavey?

Reason

The reason I made this guide is because I saw a guy in lvl 8 that didn't know what /me was, and that pissed me off.

And even in Light RP you should not allow Powergaming. :)

Mr LCFC

Mia Moore said:
The reason I made this guide is because I saw a guy in lvl 8 that didn't know what /me was, and that pissed me off.

And even in Light RP you should not allow Powergaming. :)
Compeltey agree.

IG Name
Jack Tanner
IG Faction
Bum
I didn't really get it, what /do actually is? I know what /me is and can roleplay pretty well, but never heard of /do.

Mikhail.I

Platinum Member
IG Name
Mikhail_Izmailov
IG Faction
Bolsheviks
viinasieni said:
I didn't really get it, what /do actually is? I know what /me is and can roleplay pretty well, but never heard of /do.
/do is to solve the IC problem. Like /me attempts to push [player], you immediately do /do S/F ( succeed, fail ), if they do /do s, means you succeed and continue RP, if its /do F it means it failed, so move on with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.