• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

How to use: /me & /do

Status
Not open for further replies.
Joined
Jan 17, 2010
Messages
13
Likes
0
#1
Well, first I want to clear off that the difference about /me and /do is that
1. /me is an ACTION you do, NOT an observation. Take this for an example: /me looks at Ryan while scratching his neck.
2. /do is an observation, not an action. Take this for an example: /do Ryan is wearing a black T-shirt, it's written 'Slipknot' on it.

When you use /me be careful not to misuse it, always give the other guy a chance to interact back with you. You can do: /me tries to push Ryan. Did you see that you didn't automatically push him, you TRIED to push him. If you would do: /me pushes Ryan. It would be powergaming and you'd be kicked / Admin Jailed.

When you use /do there's almost no limits. You can do almost anything with /do. You can easily use /do instead of /me but it's more stress and you have to type your own name all the time. This is a pretty good /Do that I made a while back: /do Mia is wearing a red skirt and a pink T-shirt with Hello-Kitty on. She also has several bracelets on her arm. Mia also has black hair with red stripes.

Well, that's the basic /me & /do guide, hope you learn a bit from it.
 

Mikhail.I

Platinum Member
Joined
Jan 6, 2010
Messages
3,279
Likes
0
IG Name
Mikhail_Izmailov
IG Faction
Bolsheviks
#2
Hopkins said:
Mia Moore said:
If you would do: /me pushes Ryan. It would be powergaming and you'd be kicked / Admin Jailed.
Actually no, as a light RP server we don't enforce attempts and shit, if you want to /me pushes Ryan, that's fine.
Good guide though.
That's bad though.
 

Casablancas

Retired Admin
Joined
Jan 6, 2010
Messages
12,046
Likes
22
IG Name
Murphy Blackstone
#3
Good guide.
Maybe this will finally let some guys learn the rules of RPing.
 

Mr LCFC

#4
Hopkins said:
Mia Moore said:
If you would do: /me pushes Ryan. It would be powergaming and you'd be kicked / Admin Jailed.
Actually no, as a light RP server we don't enforce attempts and shit, if you want to /me pushes Ryan, that's fine.
Good guide though.
Can't we just go Heavey?
 
Joined
Jan 17, 2010
Messages
13
Likes
0
#5
Reason

The reason I made this guide is because I saw a guy in lvl 8 that didn't know what /me was, and that pissed me off.

And even in Light RP you should not allow Powergaming. :)
 

Mr LCFC

#6
Mia Moore said:
The reason I made this guide is because I saw a guy in lvl 8 that didn't know what /me was, and that pissed me off.

And even in Light RP you should not allow Powergaming. :)
Compeltey agree.
 
Joined
Feb 7, 2010
Messages
6,794
Likes
9
IG Name
Jack Tanner
IG Faction
Bum
#8
I didn't really get it, what /do actually is? I know what /me is and can roleplay pretty well, but never heard of /do.
 

Mikhail.I

Platinum Member
Joined
Jan 6, 2010
Messages
3,279
Likes
0
IG Name
Mikhail_Izmailov
IG Faction
Bolsheviks
#10
viinasieni said:
I didn't really get it, what /do actually is? I know what /me is and can roleplay pretty well, but never heard of /do.
/do is to solve the IC problem. Like /me attempts to push [player], you immediately do /do S/F ( succeed, fail ), if they do /do s, means you succeed and continue RP, if its /do F it means it failed, so move on with it.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.