• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

How to Stop Op-Codes for Good

Status
Not open for further replies.
IG Name
N.Wolfe | A.Mendoza
IG Faction
Unemployed | Unemployed
Why I Made This Guide

Well, I made this because I have noticed that loads of people have been crashing because of them and they either blame the server or car mods(like spoilers and exhausts). Well, yes Op codes do happen partly because of car mods but not in the way most people think. The most common type of op code in RCRP is caused by car mods but only certain people are affected by these op codes.

Op codes occur when a model (like a spoiler of a car) is not found when SAMP try's to find it. When this happens, SAMP will display an op code but your game will not crash until that car with the mod that wasn't found comes near you and spawns....when it doesn't exist. For example, if you have downloaded and installed mod for a Phoenix that cannot be given a spoiler and someone else in the server modifies their Phoenix with a spoiler you will be shown an Op Code by SAMP but you will not crash because their vehicle has not yet loaded in your GTA SA client. When the modded Phoenix moves close to your character it will be spawned by SAMP. When SAMP spawns the Phoenix, it will be spawned with a
spoiler but when your GTA SA client looks for the spoiler it will not find it on your computer because the phoenix.ddf file on your computer does not have a spoiler and because of that, your game will crash. ADDED : corrupt gta sa files also cause op-codes but do not instantly crash your game. even if you have not installed any vehicle mods you may get op-codes. Reinstalling GTA SA should solve your problem

Well the easiest way is to re-install GTA but you can also try uninstalling any vehicle mods (if you used SAMI to install them or made backups). I know you may think that you can't install vehicle mods but you can, you just need to find a vehicle mod that's compatible with SAMP. I will add a list of mods that work without OpCodes in a while (I wrote this on an iPod solo it's kind of hard to find much xD)

IG Name
Bernard Falcon
IG Faction
Bone County Trucking LTD
I can confirm this. Once I uninstalled 99% of my client vehicle mods all my opcodes went out the door.

Hopefully this will put a stop to the constant threads about opcodes and car mods.

paskajaakko

Silver Member
IG Name
Frankie_Quinn
IG Faction
Saints of Erin
Well i sometimes get opcode crashes(and opcodes withouth the crashing thingy) but i have never installed any mods :p

IG Name
N.Wolfe | A.Mendoza
IG Faction
Unemployed | Unemployed
paskajaakko said:
Well i sometimes get opcode crashes(and opcodes withouth the crashing thingy) but i have never installed any mods :p
try re-installing GTA sa. that worked for me :S

EDIT : Corrupt files cause Op codes too

paskajaakko

Silver Member
IG Name
Frankie_Quinn
IG Faction
Saints of Erin
Grafix said:
paskajaakko said:
try re-installing GTA sa. that worked for me :S
Nahhh too lazy :D And i dont usually get them, it's kinda rare to me to get those crashes. Just felt like pointing out that it can happen without mods aswell :D

Status
Not open for further replies.