How To Roleplay A Trucker ( Trucking Terms, Codes & Driving )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yurai

Bronze Member
IG Name
Eric Brown
How To Roleplay A Trucker

General Terms
18 Wheeler – a tractor and a trailer combined. Why is it called an 18 wheeler? Because it has a total of 18 wheels: two in front, four pairs of two in the back of the tractor and four pairs of two on the trailer.
10 Wheeler - dual-axle tractor without a trailer
4 Wheeler - basic car
Tractor – a vehicle towing the trailer, a truck in other words.
RCTT – Red County Truck Terminal, a place in Blueberry owned by RTA (it looks abandoned, unless you have a mod made by me (shameless self-promotion)).
RTA – Reg’s Truckers Association, company uniting the truckers of Los Santos. Owns a radio channel 19991.
Fifth-wheel – A part of the truck on that trailer connect to (more on Wikipedia).
Landing gear – Part of the trailer that keeps it leveled when it’s not attached to a tractor.
Long Walk – A trip to Angel Pine
Monty – Montgomery
Idlestack – Idlewood pizza stack (used by many people)
BlueB - Blueberry
Handle (CB handle) - The FCC encourages the use of CB handles. CB handles are nicknames which are used to identify the speaker, in place of on actual name. A driver often selects his own handle, one that he feels reflects his personality, or describes his way of driving.

CB Slang and trucker 10-codes

10-4 OK, message received
10-6 Busy, stand by
10-7 Out of service, leaving air
10-8 In service, starting trucking
10-9 Repeat message
10-10 Transmission completed, standing by
10-12 Visitors present (hitchhiker on board, non-trucking cars in depots, etc)
10-13 Advise weather/road conditions
10-16 Make pickup at ......
10-20 My location is.....
10-23 Stand by
10-24 Completed last assignment
10-26 Disregard last information
10-33 Emergency traffic
10-34 Trouble at this station, help needed
10-42 Traffic accident at.......
10-43 Traffic tie-up at.....
10-45 All units within range please report
10-73 Speed trap at.......
10-99 Mission completed (( unloaded and delivered the truck ))
10-100 Rest stop

Back door Something behind you.
Back it down Slow down.
Bear A law enforcement officer
Billy Big Rigger Another term for "supertrucker"; one who brags about himself, or his big, fast, shiny truck.
Big truck Refers to an 18-wheeler or tractor-trailer.
Bobtail Driving the tractor only, without the trailer attached.
Brake check There is a traffic tie-up ahead, which will require immediate slowing down or stopping.
Bubba What you call another driver, often in a kidding way.
Bundled out Loaded heavy, or to maximum capacity.
Cash register A tollbooth.
Copy Transmission acknowledged, agreed with, or understood
County Mountie County police, often a sheriff's deputy.
Driver What drivers call other drivers on the CB, especially if their CB handle is not known.
Driving award A speeding ticket.
Dragon wagon A tow truck.
Green Stamps Money.
Meat wagon An ambulance.
Rambo Someone who talks really tough on the radio, especially when no one else knows where they are.
Thermos bottle A tanker trailer.

Driving
Now this is where most people fail. They want to get everywhere fast, cut corners, fly off the cliffs and such. Do not do that. If you cannot drive, maybe roleplay server isn’t for you? Well ok, I admit, it sometimes gets on the nerves when you have to make hundreds of unnecessary turns which won’t be there in real life, but at least do a 360 check around you to make sure there’s no one close to you, so you don’t spoil their RP mood.
Stop (or at least slow down) at every intersection that has a line crossing your way and look around. This will help you avoid accidents. Also, my personal preference is to show turning signals. How do I do that you ask? Simply with a key binder. There are many out there, but the one I use is AHK (Auto HotKey, there are tons of tutorials on using it on the forums, including one from myself). Just do an /ame <<<< or something along those lines. This way vehicle behind you will know what’s going on.
I see this every day – three cars approach a toll, first one pays and the rest just zoom by behind it and then few more cars pass at 200 kmh… seriously, don’t do that. Not only it drives people like me crazy, it is powergaming and spoils the RP mood. Now some of you may ask why, and here’s why – in reality there’s either a man operating the tolls or they have IR sensors built in. This means, one car per one pay. “But you already paid for the toll” once said the guy I messaged after he zoomed by the toll I paid for. No, no and no. This is how government in real life collects money for the road repairs and similar. So no toll skipping. A good practice is to stop after passing through a toll and block the way for the guy behind you until the toll closes. Sorry, but it just had to be said.
(This guide was taken from another forum)​

Status
Not open for further replies.