What's new

[HOW-TO] Play GTA SA on Mac OS X Mavericks.

Gibbs.

Donator
Proof Video:

Guide:

Requirements:
An Intel Macintosh. (Any after 2008 should be fine.)
A Copy of Crossover for Mac. (Its not free, unless you managed to... obtain a copy somehow *hint-hint*)

You need a copy of GTA SA, One with SAMP already installed, I.E:
XpxCFRr.png

Step One: Open the SAMPUninstall.exe with Crossover, scroll down the list and run it as an unsupported application, let it run and click finish when the window pops up.
Step Two: Download SA-MP, And open the installer with Crossover, run as an unsupported application and run through the installer.

You should now have a GTA SAMP Icon, double click it to open SA-MP, Insert name and IP and off you go, have fun.

Gradually working on the guide, will get it sorted, still bits to be added.

Nick

Donator
Justin2306 said:
Is it actually possible to move furniture and adjust masks etc on a mac?
It is, I did it on Charlie's computer for my house, at school. You computer is fucked tho, like you have to click/drag a few inches above for some reason?!?! Lol.

((I know him OOCly, this is not a troll, lol))

Gibbs.

Donator
Derrick. said:
Justin2306 said:
Is it actually possible to move furniture and adjust masks etc on a mac?
It is, I did it on Charlie's computer for my house, at school. You computer is fucked tho, like you have to click/drag a few inches above for some reason?!?! Lol.

((I know him OOCly, this is not a troll, lol))

Works perfectly here.

Nick

Donator
Justin. said:
Gibbs if ur still playing... What are some good mods compatible with the mac?
Every mod should be, I would recommend modding your SAMP on a windows computer (if you are editing the gta3.img) with Alcis img editor or if you have a Cleo, they should be pretty simple to install on a Mac. If you have any more questions, shoot.

Justin

Donator
Derrick. said:
Justin. said:
Gibbs if ur still playing... What are some good mods compatible with the mac?
Every mod should be, I would recommend modding your SAMP on a windows computer (if you are editing the gta3.img) with Alcis img editor or if you have a Cleo, they should be pretty simple to install on a Mac. If you have any more questions, shoot.

Oh ok you can do it for me.. Cheers.