How to fix most GTA:SA And Multiplayer problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harper

Bronze Member
IG Faction
Civilian
How to fix most problems with GTA:SA and Multiplayer
Edit: Added a great music track to go with the tutorial, if you can find anymore that suit it better, please tell me
Hello, and welcome to my guide on fixing most common problems with GTA due to a bad mod or a screw up on your end.

In this guide you will find:

- Common Errors
- How to fix the ever-so-annoying "SA-MP Has encountered a problem.."
- Any other problems

Common Errors
Most of the common errors you will recieve during modding will most probably be "Gta.sa.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close" .. This itself is a pain and prevents you from playing even singleplayer.

How to fix
Presuming you have tried installing a car mod or weapon mod, you may have installed a "dodgy" mod and your game simply does not agree with it. One of the best fixes for this particular problem is to simply uninstall your game and re-install it.

If you are going to install modifications to your game, like weapons or cars, I recommend this:

http://www.gtagarage.com/mods/show.php?id=434

And use my tutorial to install car mods with it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nbzmEXU9VYo

Fixing the "Error Report" crash with SA-MP

As you all may or may not know, I had this problem recently when trying to install ELM V9.1 with cleo 4. Its a game breaker, there is no way of fixing your game the normal way.. the simple uninstall and reinstall fails terribly here.

If you attempt the above method. You will still get the error when launching SA-MP, but do not worry.. there is a fix.

How to fix

1. Firstly, its advised you uninstall SA-MP (C:/Program Files/Rockstar Games/GTA San Andreas)
2. Now, you MUST avoid using the uninstaller completely, it won't do you no good.
3. Open your start menu and in the Search/Run box type "regedit" [Without the quotes]
4. You will need to be a administrator to open this.
5. When it loads, you should see several files on the left, all starting with "HKEY__"
6. Click on the one that says "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE"
7. [Bit hazy on this bit] Either click Program Files (If there is one) or Rockstar Games
8. Click on the "GTA San Andreas" Folder, Don't open it
9. Delete it.
10. Run the GTA installer again, presuming you still have the disc
11. Click install, the game will "uninstall itself" but this is normal, just run the installer again.
12. Once GTA is re-installed, re-patch it with the downgrader and re-install SA-MP
13. Open SA-MP.. All your saved servers on the favourite tab will be gone. Just get their IP's again
14. Voila, SA-MP should be working again, now just exit and enter Singleplayer and change your controls and visual settings how you had them before

Any Other Problems

If You are having any other problems with SA-MP or GTA itself [Loading, Crashing, Error wise] then post your problem here, I'm hoping to make this into a sort of "Community Helpfile" - I.E: The community can post there own Tuts of certain fixes with the game and I'll post it here and credit them fully to avoid cluttering of the forums.

Thank You for reading, I hope this has fixed your problem.

This is my first tutorial, so please point out any grammar mistakes or ANY mistakes with the tutorial itself. Feedback Appreciated
<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/n6Rml4m8no8?&autoplay=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="25"></embed>

Harper

Bronze Member
IG Faction
Civilian
Decided to bump this as I've seen a number of topics on the Technical Help forum from members at their wits end because their GTA/SA-MP won't work.. no matter what they try.

IG Faction
Civilian
Sometimes my SA-MP don't load, when it's not loading, i have to restart the computer, over and over again, it's really annoying

Harper said:
3. Open your start menu and in the Search/Run box type "regedit" [Without the quotes]
Mine shows no results when I search for "regedit" [Of course without the quotes]

Harper

Bronze Member
IG Faction
Civilian
Boosk_Ivanov said:
Harper said:
Mine shows no results when I search for "regedit" [Of course without the quotes]
Are you a system administrator?

Harper

Bronze Member
IG Faction
Civilian
germanxzx0 said:
My friend cant play ANY server he just connects,it loads up,and then just quit's the game
Has he allowed SA-MP to run through his firewall?

I tried everything and my game still wont start. The only way is to run as admin but samp crashed by doing this.

Before this crap my game started normally without admin shit. Please help me

Reid

Donator
Kain Klarmer said:
Sometimes my SA-MP don't load, when it's not loading, i have to restart the computer, over and over again, it's really annoying
Same Problem here but i know how to Make it load.

Status
Not open for further replies.