• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

How to deal with blocked/closed roads.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tristan

Gold Member
IG Name
Tristan Drew
IG Faction
San Andreas State Police
Hey everyone.

As you might know, about 90 percent of the players on the server CBA about roadblocks from SAES, SASP or whatever faction can put up roadblocks.
Therefor I'm making this guide, so people can learn what they need to do when they see a roadblock.

The most common thing, is to re-route. It's also obvious. If you see a roadblock IRL, you don't just crash right into it or go off-road.

There are, of course, some other things you could do when you see a closed road.

1: Park your car and wait.
I don't really recommend this... except in case you don't have a life and have nothing better to do. It can take really, and I really mean REALLY long untill the roadblocks get cleared.

2: Park you car and get out to have a little chat with the person in question, ask about what happened etc.
If the SAES/SASP/FBI/Aperture has closed a road, I don't recommend this. The police may shoot you, same as the FBI/Aperture. SAES doesn't really appreciate side-see'ers (however it's spelled).
In case the RCRW has closed a road, you could do this. If you don't get an answer, just continue your daily business and re-route.

3: Rage. But do it ICLY!
If you start raging OOCly, people will get pissed. When people get pissed, they start yelling in /b. When they start yelling in /b, the whole RP situation is ruined. Conclusion: Do not rage in /b.
If you want to yell, shout, or scream like a piggy ICly, then go ahead. But you might just get sent away, and if you don't leave, you might end up arrested. And you don't want that.

In case there is only one lane closed.

Alright, so when there is only one lane closed, you should do (which is obvious since it's the same as IRL) this:

Imagine there is a roadblock infront of you, on your lane. There is coming an other car from the other side. The person who should stop now, is you. Why? Because the obstacle is on your lane.

Now, imagine you are driving and there is a roadblock infront of you on the other lane. Obviously, the person who comes from the other side in this case, should stop. Again, because the obstacle is on HIS lane in this case.

Alright I hope I have cleared some things up, especially for the new players of RC-RP. If you have any questions, feel free to reply or PM me.

Credits to Tristan ;)

Duff

Donator
I gave way to someone yesterday cos of roadblock outside of Fort Carson. As he came past me he spammed his horn at me. I was waiting on the right hand side of the raod, near the lights for him to pass. It really annoyed me, this person obviouslt has never driven IRL, has no clue what road safety is and pissed me off quite a lot.
Hopefully they'll read your guide, assuming they can of course.
Would be nice if you put in some pics of current road blocks/hazards.

Tristan

Gold Member
IG Name
Tristan Drew
IG Faction
San Andreas State Police
Duff said:
I gave way to someone yesterday cos of roadblock outside of Fort Carson. As he came past me he spammed his horn at me. I was waiting on the right hand side of the raod, near the lights for him to pass. It really annoyed me, this person obviouslt has never driven IRL, has no clue what road safety is and pissed me off quite a lot.
Hopefully they'll read your guide, assuming they can of course.
Would be nice if you put in some pics of current road blocks/hazards.
Will do in a couple of minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.