What's new

How to be a successful mechanic

Feniksxx

Silver Member
HOW TO BE A SUCCESSFUL MECHANIC
REQUIREMENTS
The first thing that you are going to need is a Tow Truck. You don't have to buy it but then the only thing you could do is respray cars. Tow Truck is around 20k used. The brand new one from the dealership is 30k. It is a diesel vehicle so get used to it. By that I mean that you must watch which fuel you are going to put into the vehicle. Have a charged phone. Of course you also need to have mechanic as your job which can be found at Dillmore garage. Roleplay decently. Be patient.

DOING THE JOB
As I said in my first paragraph, you must be patient. You will not drive around in your Tow Truck trying to spot broken vehicles. You will get mechanic calls. To see the mechanic calls, type /viewmechaniccalls. After you got a job that you will accept, contact the person that needs help with their car. You can SMS them or call them. I prefer to call as it is probably the fastest way to communicate with the person. When you are on the phone you should tell him the price, which I call towing fee. Prices range depending on what does the person need. For a tow I suggest that you use 500 - 1000. For the respray and the oil change I place 100 - 500. If there are no mechanics online at the time you can increase the prices, just be careful not to increase it too much. While on phone you will need to ask for an exact location. Calculate if it is worth your time if it's far away. The factors that you must think about are fuel, damage and the distance. When you come there you should roleplay attaching the hook and things like that. I will give you an example of it. /me lowers the towing hook as he attaches it to the cars bumper, securing it tightly. When you attach the car to the tow truck go to the nearest repair garage. Ask the person to pay you. If they don't pay you there are few solutions depending on the type of your character and the person you are towing for. You could beat them up, call the police or just let it be.

Thank you for taking your time to read this, hope it helps.

Feniksxx

Feniksxx

Silver Member
Also could someone tell me how to make a shape or something like put it all in one box.

Heinrich

Retired Admin
Good guide.

Also, to put them in a box, do this: [ divbox=colour,colour ] [ /divbox ]

Matty

Donator
Great guide! It's common knowledge for experienced players but this could be very useful for new players who want to roleplay a mechanic.

Randallinho

Silver Member
Beating the guy up because he/she didn't pay you is never gonna be a solution. You'd only get yourself in much worse trouble. The only way not to get scammed is to ask for payment before towing their vehicle. That's based on my experienced.

Feniksxx

Silver Member
Randallinho said:
Beating the guy up because he/she didn't pay you is never gonna be a solution. You'd only get yourself in much worse trouble. The only way not to get scammed is to ask for payment before towing their vehicle. That's based on my experienced.

True, but as I said, depending on your character and the person who you are doing business with. I also wouldn't do it.

Feniksxx

Silver Member
Trapp said:
not trying to be a dick but isnt this common knowledge
You are not a dick first off. Second, yeah it is but for some new players it could be a goldmine of information. Trying to interest them into being a mechanic because sometimes there like 0 mechanics on the server.