• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

How to adapt to the new style of Roleplay (Not using /do S/F)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patrick

Retired Admin
As you are probably already aware, people are adopting a new style of Roleplay in Red County, and it involves not using the command /do to ask if what they have attempted to do has Succeeded or Failed [With a reason]. Instead, they type what they have attempted, and if you do not use the command /me to say that you have countered what they are attempted, then it is assumed that they have succeeded.

Sounds a little complex, so I'll give a few examples here.

Normally, an officer would use /me attempts to handcuff you followed by /do S/F?

The output is as follows:

Ian Burns attempts to handcuff you
S/F? ((Ian Burns))
F I pull my hands away and kick and scream like a girl ((Alec Rae))

Here, you can see quite clearly that Ian's attempt has failed due to Alec's actions. Some people still use this method of Roleplay, including me.

In this new way of Roleplaying, the exact same situation can take place, but the way it is communicated is different. It's more direct, and saves time, which is why it has proved to be popular with some of RCRP players. The officer would type /me attempts to handcuff you but then does not offer a /do S/F?. He merely waits for an answer. The output is thus:

Ian Burns attempts to handcuff you
Alec Rae pulls his hands away and kicks and screams like a girl

As you can see, this has saved a whole line of typing, and allows the roleplay to flow more. It isn't quite as clear as to what has happened though, and sometimes clarification is required.

The use of /do S/F? Is now completely optional due to this new method, but MAKE SURE YOU KNOW YOUR FELLOW ROLEPLAYERS METHOD OF RP before making accusations of Powergaming, or "Not using S/F"

I hope that this thread helps people understand the lack of use of /do
S/F and there is now less controversy regarding this.

Dr. Paine

Retired Admin
IG Name
Jedediah_Rhodes
IG Faction
Corn Hauling C**ts !
I don't see myself using the second example of Roleplay. Although, it may naturally adapt. Clear guide, by the way.

Jeff-W

Bronze Member
IG Name
Jeff Williamson
IG Faction
Civilian
Nice guide, easy to understand.
But when you use the "new" style of RPing, a lot of people start crying that it is Metagaming.
So I'm still using the "old" style, to avoid crying.
Still.. The second one is much better :D

Vic Stalonazo

Bronze Member
IG Name
Victor Stalonazo
IG Faction
FBI Director
I like it, good examples.
I'm totally agree with the non-usage of S/F.
;)

Patrick

Retired Admin
Drake said:
Wasn't you against it?
I still am, but it is up to the RPer what method they use. I am not going to whine about it. Let them Roleplay the way they want to.

Muys

Donator
IG Name
Daniel Muys
IG Faction
Elite Trucking Corporation
Dr. Paine said:
I don't see myself using the second example of Roleplay. Although, it may naturally adapt. Clear guide, by the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.