How a combine harvester works.

TeddyWatson

Silver Member
Joined
May 4, 2017
Messages
660
Likes
202
IG Name
Cooper fucking Milltown.
IG Faction
N/A
#1
Howdy y'all. Skeet here.
For the people that don't know. i'll tell y'all how a combine works so you guys... know?
There might be some mistakes since i'm not a mechanic or something, i'm just tryna help :(
I just got this off a website / used common sense.

No.1 are the crop. That's what you're collecting with the combine...
No.2 is a slowly rotating reel (or pickup reel) that slowly pushes the crops down towards the cutter.
No.3 are cutters, they kinda' shorten the length. here's a picture of a cutter in use.

No.4 Behind the cutter bars the crops are pushed up by what they call "spinning augurs (screws)" and travel up a conveyor towards the main mechanism.
No.5 is a threshing drum beats the cut crops to break and shake the grains away from their straw.
No.6 The grains fall through "Sieves' as they go in the collecting tank below!
No.7 The chaff (unwanted material) passes along conveyors called straw walkers toward the back of the machine. More grain falls through into the tank.
No.8 When the graintank is full, a tractor comes along with a trailer. the grains then get unloaded so the combine can continue harvesting.

No.9 The unwanter materials like straw and stuff get ejected. some combines leave a trail of straw, so that a hay-bale machine can pick it up, can make it into a squere or roller bale (both are made with separated machines)

just RP this stuff with a /do
for example
"Harvey Blackstock drives over some crops as he taps his hand to some music'
"Straws would come flying out of the back without the grain as they have been cut off'
"The grains would be collected into a storage unit"
bla bla bla so on.
 

TeddyWatson

Silver Member
Joined
May 4, 2017
Messages
660
Likes
202
IG Name
Cooper fucking Milltown.
IG Faction
N/A
#2
TeddyWatson said:
Howdy y'all. Skeet here.
For the people that don't know. i'll tell y'all how a combine works so you guys... know?
There might be some mistakes since i'm not a mechanic or something, i'm just tryna help :(
I just got this off a website / used common sense.

No.1 are the crop. That's what you're collecting with the combine...
No.2 is a slowly rotating reel (or pickup reel) that slowly pushes the crops down towards the cutter.
No.3 are cutters, they kinda' shorten the length. here's a picture of a cutter in use.

No.4 Behind the cutter bars the crops are pushed up by what they call "spinning augurs (screws)" and travel up a conveyor towards the main mechanism.
No.5 is a threshing drum beats the cut crops to break and shake the grains away from their straw.
No.6 The grains fall through "Sieves' as they go in the collecting tank below!
No.7 The chaff (unwanted material) passes along conveyors called straw walkers toward the back of the machine. More grain falls through into the tank.
No.8 When the graintank is full, a tractor comes along with a trailer. the grains then get unloaded so the combine can continue harvesting.

No.9 The unwanter materials like straw and stuff get ejected. some combines leave a trail of straw, so that a hay-bale machine can pick it up, can make it into a squere or roller bale (both are made with separated machines)

just RP this stuff with a /do
for example
"Harvey Blackstock drives over some crops as he taps his hand to some music'
"Straws would come flying out of the back without the grain as they have been cut off'
"The grains would be collected into a storage unit"
bla bla bla so on.
if you see something wrong with the thread, for example a spelling mistake or a mistake with how the combine works, leave a comment please.
 

Hippie

Silver Member
Joined
Jul 15, 2016
Messages
1,111
Likes
833
IG Name
Clifton/Fred/Cody
IG Faction
Redford Family
#3
coulda told me u gonna make a thread. frick i never knew u guys have the privilege to do that.
 

TeddyWatson

Silver Member
Joined
May 4, 2017
Messages
660
Likes
202
IG Name
Cooper fucking Milltown.
IG Faction
N/A
#4
Hippie said:
coulda told me u gonna make a thread. frick i never knew u guys have the privilege to do that.
Don't archive this :(
 

Hippie

Silver Member
Joined
Jul 15, 2016
Messages
1,111
Likes
833
IG Name
Clifton/Fred/Cody
IG Faction
Redford Family
#5
TeddyWatson said:
Hippie said:
coulda told me u gonna make a thread. frick i never knew u guys have the privilege to do that.
Don't archive this :(
Can u ask an admin to move it to Tutorials/Guides? It belongs there.
 

Hippie

Silver Member
Joined
Jul 15, 2016
Messages
1,111
Likes
833
IG Name
Clifton/Fred/Cody
IG Faction
Redford Family
#6
L & A'ed, admins can't edit this topic without being in the usergroup and I can't be asked calling Alexi to do it. So post it on Guides or Tutorials besides that it'll be dumped into Archive folder. :locked3:
 

Yassin

Retired Admin
Joined
Mar 29, 2014
Messages
10,504
Likes
1,471
#7
Hippie said:
L & A'ed, admins can't edit this topic without being in the usergroup and I can't be asked calling Alexi to do it. So post it on Guides or Tutorials besides that it'll be dumped into Archive folder. :locked3:
Does this still need to be moved? Only Lead Admin + Faction Administrators can move it, not ordinary admins.
 

Hippie

Silver Member
Joined
Jul 15, 2016
Messages
1,111
Likes
833
IG Name
Clifton/Fred/Cody
IG Faction
Redford Family
#8
Yassin said:
Hippie said:
L & A'ed, admins can't edit this topic without being in the usergroup and I can't be asked calling Alexi to do it. So post it on Guides or Tutorials besides that it'll be dumped into Archive folder. :locked3:
Does this still need to be moved? Only Lead Admin + Faction Administrators can move it, not ordinary admins.
Yeah, please. I guess Ted would like the guide at Guides and Tutorials.