Status
Not open for further replies.
IG Name
Hans Weltmann
IG Faction
Civilian
Highly detailed RolePlay

What is RolePlaying(RPing)?
RolePlaying is about playing with your character like he would be a person In Real Life(IRL). Remember ├óÔé¼ÔÇ£ IRL you have only one life, so do not DeathMatch(More about Dming later...) and do not take big risks, which you wouldn├óÔé¼Ôäót take IRL. Also look at your character and what would fit for it├óÔé¼Ôäós skin. Also remember ├óÔé¼ÔÇ£ You can├óÔé¼Ôäót change your race IRL. I give an example: You RP an afro-american for one day, and someone knows your name In Characterly. (In Character ├óÔé¼ÔÇ£ Everything IG, no Out of character[OOC] staff [everything IRL]) Then next day you RP a mexican and the one who recognizes you sees you├óÔé¼Ôäóre a mexican? ├óÔé¼ÔÇ£ That├óÔé¼Ôäós impossible, stay tuned to your race until after something knows about your character IRL. Also remember: Do not make anything illegal if you do not want to get arrested by police officers. Also police officers may not come to you while they know where you are ONLY OOCly. That would be MetaGaming(MG, more about it later). Commands for Rping: /me, /do & /attempt[/attempt is for private use only, you may not use it on other players]. Lets make an example: You are at someone├óÔé¼Ôäós house, you are ICly a robber & you├óÔé¼Ôäóre robbing a house. You RP that there is something on the top of cabinet. A little example about taking it down from the cabinet(lets RP that the cabinet is pretty high, also there is a chair near you). /do There is a chair near me. /me takes a chair and sets it next to the cabinet. /me steps on the chair and looks what├óÔé¼Ôäós on the cabinet. /do There is a chest at one metre far. /attempt take the chest, since it├óÔé¼Ôäós far. (about attempting: The computer will choose do you fail or success taking it by itself. You CAN try it until you success.)

What is MetaGaming(MGing)?
MetaGaming ├óÔé¼ÔÇ£ Using Out Of Character[OOC] information In Characterly[ICly]. That means you may not use anything you know Out Of Characterly while you are playing In Characterly. Only if you ALSO know the information ICly. Lets make several examples about MGing: You are at Blueberry Ammu-Nation & Someone wants to meet you ICly with any reason and he PM├óÔé¼Ôäós you to meet. [PM from John Smith(33): Where are you ICly?] [PM to John Smith(33) Blueberry Ammu-Nation] --- 5 minutes later John Smith comes to you at Blueberry Ammu-Nation and starts to make some action with you ICly. It IS MGing as he knew OOCly you├óÔé¼Ôäóre there, not ICly, he must know it ICly (like he calls you and asks where you are or what?). Another example ├óÔé¼ÔÇ£ John Smith is near you (lets say your name is Jack), also he doesn├óÔé¼Ôäót know you ICly & he hasn├óÔé¼Ôäót even heard of you and doesn├óÔé¼Ôäót know how do someone with your name look like (even if he knows your name) and says ICly: Hello Jack! When he doesn├óÔé¼Ôäót even know who you are. You may not MG, if you get busted by doing it, you will be punished by administrators.

What is PowerGaming(PGing)?
PowerGaming is using the powers of your character on any other player. If you want to do ANY action against other player, you must attempt it, but NOT with /attempt, but with /me and /do commands(cmds). Some examples again: Imagine you├óÔé¼Ôäóre somewhere with an afro-american and you├óÔé¼Ôäóre any other race, also you├óÔé¼Ôäóre a racist ICly. The afro-american makes you mad and you go to him and want to hit him. The afro-american realizes that before and wants to hit you before, lets say he does: /me hits the man into the face. Then it├óÔé¼Ôäós powergaming, since he used /me command against you without giving you a chance to make it success or fail. Everything against others MUST be attempted with /me has attempted to [action]. And then about giving a chance /do S/F? S=Success, F=Fail. Also, if you want someones action to fail, you must also add the reason. /do F [reason]. Please note that the reason for failing must be realistic enough to make it fail, also if you want to make any action against him/her in your fail reason, you must also attempt it, you may NOT PG in the fail reason. Lets make an example with cmds: /me has attemted to hit the man into the face. /do S/F? ... He: /do F, has attempted to dodge his punch. /do S/F? .. You /do S. Note: you may choose the S/F by yourself, not exactly like it├óÔé¼Ôäós here. Now without attempting in F: /me has attempted to hit the man into his face. /do S/F? ... He: /do F, quickly reflexes and steps back. And just succeeding: /me has attempted to hit the man into his face. /do S/F? ... He: /do S. After he has done /do S, you may do the action you were attempting. You may not PG, if you get busted by doing it, administrators may /ajail you.

What is DeathMatching(DMing)?
DMing is killing and/or damaging someone without a reason. Just remember: accident is accident, not something else, everyone could make difference between accidently hurting someone ICly and DMing. Also remember to not take big risks you wouldn├óÔé¼Ôäót take IRL if someone wants to kill/hurt you ICly when he has a reason to do it. Because IRL you have only one life and you wouldn├óÔé¼Ôäót play with it. If you get busted by DMing, you WILL be punished by administrators.

What is RevengeKilling(RKing)?
RKing is killing someone with a reason he has killed you before ICly. Also followed by DM, since you have no reason ICly to do it, it├óÔé¼Ôäós called the new life rule. Only if you get any other reason after he has killed you ICly to do it. If you get busted by RKing, you WILL be punished by administrators.

What is CharacterKill(CK)?
CK means that the character is killed. He has to change the name of his character and has to RP from the beginning, your stats will not be lost. Also you may register other account and start from the beginning. CK is through killing you ICly, also you don├óÔé¼Ôäót have to be CKed if you don├óÔé¼Ôäót want to.

Others
You must also RP everything you do, but what others can├óÔé¼Ôäót see that you would do it. Pulling out weapons, etc. If you attempt to do anything on anone, you may not start another action, also anyone else may not use another action on the same person before he/she has answered to the first /do S/F?. Play realistic(example of unrealistic staff: having an assault rifle, sniper, smg, armour and all other staff with you which weighs A LOT. You can have them with you when you ICly don├óÔé¼Ôäót, like you RP that you have only pistol with you or what. Also check the rules of server.

-Avoid PowerGaming without S/F-

It's simple, just follow this:
If your action towards the other player/character lasts for a moment(example: a punch into the face), do not attempt anything, just type the action with your /me's and /do's for it if it's realistic, it's obvious you can't punch while your hands are cuffed behind you.. just use /me throws a punch to [name of the player/the stranger]. Same for the other actions if it lasts for just a moment.

If your action towards the other player/character lasts for more than just a moment(dragging, cuffing, tying,...) use /me starts to [action towards the other player] [name of the player/the stranger]. and after that /do Resistance? That's all for that.

IG Name
they want my full name
IG Faction
i told em rockstar
looks nice, good for begs.

IG Name
Hans Weltmann
IG Faction
Civilian
D-Ray said:
looks nice, good for begs.
Thanks :p Had nothing to do so I decided to make a short, but highly detailed RP tutorial :p I hope beginners will check this before starting to make some actions IG 8)

Status
Not open for further replies.