Not open for further replies.

Tristan

Gold Member
IG Name
Tristan Drew
IG Faction
San Andreas State Police
Hello Helpers and Helper Mods!
I decided to make a Helper guide, since I see a lot of things, that I for one just don't want to see happening in /n...

There will be a few things in here, please read it all carefully ;)

Table of contents
  • Helpers
  • Helper Mods

Helpers

What is being a Helper about? Telling everyone to "Find out ICly", or saying "Don't abuse, warning 1/2"?
The answer is no. Of course not. The title says it all. "Helper." You are supposed to help the people on the server, wether they ask where the Townhall is or they ask how you can own a car. The basic things are listed here.

Noob Damian_Cambridge: Hello.
Helper Tristan_Drew: Don't abuse warning 1/2

That's definately NOT the way to do it. How is the new player supposed to know that he shouldn't kindly greet the players on the server in the /n chat?

Noob Damian_Cambridge: Hello.
Helper Tristan_Drew: Hello. Welcome to RC-RP. If you have any questions, you may ask them here. This is not a chat though, so this is only for server-related questions.

That's how you need to handle new players.

Now, a player asks a question:

Noob Damian_Cambridge: How do I level up?
The correct answer to this:
Helper Tristan_Drew: You can level up by signing your paycheck, which comes every XX:00 hour (server time)
Helper Tristan_Drew: You can sign it at any townhall. There is one in Palomino Creek, Fort Carson and Angel Pine.
Helper Tristan_Drew: Ask someone ICly for specific directions.

And not:
Helper Tristan_Drew: Sign your paycheck every XX:00 find out where ICly.

I can understand that people will think "Hm, Helpers are jerks, they don't even actually help you," when you answer like that.

Well that's actually the basics of what's being a Helper all about. Now let's talk about

Helper Mods

Being a Helper Mod, is being a more "high-classed" Helper. You have the ability to mute abusers from the Newbie chat. Be grateful for that, and don't abuse it. There is no reason of muting a new player who has just joined the server, who asks things that are actually just stupid... Neither is there any reason to mute someone from the Newbie chat for THANKING someone. Back in the days, I had a warning because I said "Thank you, it worked." That's just rediculous.

The most common reasons to mute someone, is when the player has already been warned once or more times in a row for REALLY abusing. And of course when a player is insulting people via the Newbie chat, since that's the same as OOC insulting, and he/she is abusing the Newbie chat (and painting my freaking screen green).

Some examples:

Noob Damian_Cambridge: You're an asshole.
Helper Mod Tristan_Drew: Damian, warning 1/2 for insulting + abusing.
Noob Damian_Cambridge: Tristan is gay.
Helper Mod Tristan_Drew: Orly?
Helper Mod Tristan_Drew has muted you from the Newbie chat for 30 minutes.

^^ Insulting ^^

Noob Damian_Cambridge: How to get money?
Helper Mod Tristan_Drew: If you are level one, you can do sidejobs (/jobs). They are the red flags on your minimap.
Noob Damian_Cambridge: Okay, thank you :)
Helper Mod Tristan_Drew has muted you from the Newbie chat for 10 miuntes.

^^ Thanking someone ^^

I mean, c'mon... WHY would you mute someone, for being kind and social towards others?

This is the end of my short tutorial for Helpers and Helper Mods. I hope you guys will apply these things In-Game from now on. Thanks for reading.

Credits: Meh, only me. :lol:
Nothing personal, Damian ;-)

IG Name
I ain't got one.
IG Faction
The Simpsons [1]
hahaha! Smokey is " noob "

good guide tho

Rich

Donator
IG Name
Raymond Campbell
Great guide, but not everyone has the patience to type such long sentences.

''Payday is every xx:00 and can be signed at any townhall - Find where ICly'' is (IMO) a better solution that 3 different sentences...

Tristan

Gold Member
IG Name
Tristan Drew
IG Faction
San Andreas State Police
People have to learn what patience is then, I mean, what did they become a Helper for?

(It was Donut Seller who wrote this first, just so you dont begin to whine about it) gr347 7U70R14l!!111!!1!1!1!1!oneone11!

50M30n3 5T1CKy TH12

ThePasst

Retired Admin
IG Name
Mike Diaz
It's a great guide only I doubt it will help that much, at the time you typed a whole sentence someone else responded.

Status
Not open for further replies.