Not open for further replies.

hartrya13

Donator
Helper Application

Section 1

IG name (Main account): Ryan Zepher
Alternate accounts: Ryan Burnell
Timezone (Compared to GMT, eg GMT +1 etc) GMT -5
Screen shot of /stats on your main account (You may only blur out your IP, faction and faction rank): To be taken.
Screen shot of your adminrecord (/myadminrecord) To be taken. (Most of it is trolls, some legitimate.)
How long have you played SA:MP? Two years.
How long have you been RPing? Close to three years.
How long have you been on the server? A year and a half.

Section 2

Why do you want to be a helper? (Min 100words)
I want to be a helper because I miss being able to answer questions on my account. I see multiple people asking questions in /n, and now more than ever, the response time is high, because there are only 9 helpers left. I would love to be able to get on there and answer questions again, and feel the satisfaction of helping someone new to this server. I know when I was new here, it was hard to learn everything on my own, so I want to make it as easy as possible for them to enjoy their stay here and improve with their RP.

Give an example of where you helped a newbie before giving full detail. (Min 50words)
It's been a while, but I guess when I first joined, within the first few hours my paycheck popped up. I had no idea what to do, and he thoroughly explained to me what I needed to do, and where I needed to go. When I couldn't find the town hall, he went out of his time to come to me and show me where the town hall was. That's the kind of helper I want to be, if I'm not busy; I want to be active and help as much as possible, even if it means I have to go to them to show it to them.

What do you think is the purpose of helpers? (Min 100words)
The purpose of helpers is not only to answer questions that the new players here have, but to make it easier and more enjoyable for them. If you come to the server and have no idea of where the location of things are, or what commands to use, you won't like it very much unless you learn where to go and what commands are possible, and most commonly used.There other purpose is also to stop players from abusing the chat, in certain cases such as using it as a private chat, or public chat trying to announce something to them. In that case you need to report it to a helper mod/ admin so that the player can be muted. We try to keep /n professional, so abuse does not make our job any easier.

If you became a helper, how much of your time would you dedicate to "helping", both IG and on the forums?
I would be willing to dedicate at least an hour a day strictly helping people whenever they need it. I used to answer questions in /n before, even in the middle of RP sessions if it was possible.

Section 3

What is metagame? (Min 50words)
Metagame is using Out Of Character information In Character. That is the basic definition that most people know, but some don't actually know what it means. It could be anywhere from PM'ing someone about buying a car, to using /n about buying a weapon, or even someone talking about a shootout in /dooc. One more form of MG is using past experiences during a RP if you have been PK'ed, which some people do not know. Most people know what metagaming is, but if they need an answer that would probably be it.

What is powergame? (Min 50words)
Powergaming is forcing someone to roleplay something, and not giving them a chance to respond to counter-act to the action. A form of this I have seen recently is people attacking someone, punching them in the face, and TELLING them in the /me that they are knocked out. That is the biggest form of PG I have seen. You should always ask someone before you assume, whether something is blocking you from doing the action, or whether you succeed the action; not by S/F, but asking if they have any resistance.

If a newbie asked you (Using the correct OOC method) what to do with the 4 numbers the just came up on the right hand side of their screen what would you respond? Please use your imagination and respond to any retorts you feel they may make (Retorts means follow up questions- and remember this is a brand new player) (Min 200 words)
Newbie: Hey these four numbers just popped up on my screen what do they mean?
Me: That would be your own paycheck number, that is randomly assigned by the server. You can go to any townhall to collect them.
Newbie: Where is a townhall?
Me: There are three townhalls; one in Fort Carson, one in Angel Pine, and one in Palomino Creek - they are all marked with a save icon in the map.
Newbie: Ok what do I do now? I'm here.
Me: You need to walk up to the icon and use the command /signcheck followed by the four numbers on the right hand side of your screen.
Newbie: Ok thanks
Me: You're welcome.

If someone approaches you on the street while you are RPing (Say RPing getting your car fixed with a mechanic) and asks in /b "Where can I buy a car" what would you respond? (Min 100 words)
Well, since I'm already in the situation I would respond to them right there instead of using /n. I would tell him that there are three dealerships that he can go to. There is a bike shop in Dillimore right near the Pay N' Spray, and also a car dealership in Dillimore. Both of them are for players level three and up. There is also an executive car dealership in Montgomery which has higher end vehicles there, and is also level five plus. Lastly, you can buy a used car from other players that are either selling it in-game, or on the forums.

Describe your favourite RP experience on RCRP in full detail (Min 400 words)
MY favorite RP experience had to be with Booth, Mark Cambridge, and TommyB. Mark Cambridge was roleplaying my daughter on my cop account, and Booth was my brother. TommyB was a young mexican cholo tied into the SWC gang. It was about a four day roleplay, and we kept on adding in things everyday. Me and Ashley (Mark) were roleplaying a normal family going through a recent divorce when she met Rafael (TommyB). I kept him away from Ashley at first, but she went back and hung out with him. Drake (Booth) thought it would be a good idea to see what they were doing and I agreed, I was curious to see what Ashley was doing. The first time it was going well, until Rafael's ex-girlfriend and current gang member showed up with a knife and stormed into the pizza stack where they were at. I had to intervene and stop her from doing anything, which also blew the cover of Drake and I. From then on we were more careful, and decided to follow them once more. They drove out to the ocean and skinnydipped together which made me furious, ending up in my holding Rafael at gunpoint with a shotgun at the Hoover Damn. I decided to let it slide, and when I came back to my house I found all of Ashley's things gone and she had decided to storm off. After deciding she couldn't live on her own with Rafael, she called me back and said that she had been staying at a motel with him, and that she wasn't safe. Rafael's gang decided to outlaw him because he had chosen to date a cop's daughter, and an outsider to SWC. They kept coming after him and I protected him once, but I couldn't protect them forever. The gang had attacked my brother and my daughter, and they both got into a bad accident at the Palomino Creek bridge. They sparked a fire (or so I though) and the journey started to go up in flames. I rushed inside to try and pull ashley out but she was trapped inside and there was no coming out. By the time they got her out she was burned to a crisp. It had to be the longest and funnest single roleplay I have ever had, and I would love to have one that good again.

What is the best faction on the server, and why? (Min 400 words)
In my opinion, Aperture is the best faction on this server. I have had some of the best roleplay in this faction, and I wish to continue it. Nobody can fully understand all we do, and all we roleplay. The only thing they see are these badass clones driving around black BMW's with M4's out and shoot anybody that fucks with them. That's really not what we are though, or what we do. We have drug dealers (believe it or not) and it is awesome when we have to keep a watch and look out for agents getting in trouble, or protecting them if they are going to get robbed. We have a weapons research group which roleplay making advancements with guns and giving us the upperhand is gun battles and weaponry in general. We have a group of researchers who can invent drugs such as Aperin and Aperget, which also give us the upperhand. People call it PG, I call it future technology. Some people refuse to RP it, but they don't see the amount of roleplay that researchers go through to make it possible for us to use. Hell, around 6 agents with Ian and an executive had to sit in the Bone County offices when we had them, and sit in a classroom for like thirty minutes and learn about what the drug did, how to inject it into people, and when to use it. We have thorough training sessions at the ghost town and other places. I've spent at least three or four hours in solid training with Ian or other executives. Such as formation training, or parachute training and low passes at the LV airport, it's always something new. And in recent roleplay I have had some good roleplay with the PD and SD tracking them and helping them take down suspects in kidnapping or other ways. I was satelliting two different armed murder of an LEO suspect with them, while ground agents and many officers rushed to intersect with him and take both of them down. It was very challenging to keep a hold of informing my agents as well as keeping all the officers updated with where they were at. Aperture also does in fact kill people, but when we do we have reasons for it. We go through usually getting a satellite and tracking them, making sure we know who they are with, and making sure we won't have any difficulties.

Section 4

Additional comments, here you should include any extra evidence of you helping newbies, or explanations for any bans you have undergone in the past. You may also add suggestions or comments about the helper team as a whole.

By posting this application I hereby declare that all of the above is true to the best of my knowledge, if I have lied and this is discovered by an admin then I will be banned IG and on the forum for 7days. I understand that if I have been banned from posting applications to be a helper either for a long period of time, or just temporarily I will not post this application until my ban time has run out or risk being perma banned from applying to be a helper and may face IG punishment.

Xtreme

Donator
To the thread starter,

The helper administration team is sorry to announce that your application to be a helper has failed the first stage of the application process. The reasons for this are as stated below:

- You did not meet the word requirements.
- You did not capitalize proper names, i.e: Mexican, Ashley, Aperture.

Please do not re-apply for the next 7 days. If you fail to follow this simple rule you may be perma-banned from applying to be a helper. Better luck next time

Yours faithfully,
The Helper Administration Team

Status
Not open for further replies.