[Helper Application] Aden Greene

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yassin

Retired Admin
Helper Application

Section 1

IG name (Main account): Aden Greene.
Alternate accounts: Kaitlyn Barret, Luciano Rossi.
Timezone (Compared to GMT, eg GMT +1 etc) In Atlanta, Georgia: GMT - 4. In Saudi Arabia: GMT +3
Screen shot of /stats on your main account (You may only blur out your IP, faction and faction rank):
sa-mp-290.png

I don't care if people try to hack my IP as I'm in a hotel at the moment.
Screen shot of your adminrecord (/myadminrecord)
sa-mp-289.png
How long have you played SA:MP? Completing my second year.
How long have you been RPing? For about a year and a half.
How long have you been on the server? For about a year and a half.

Section 2

Why do you want to be a helper? (Min 100words)
To be honest, I hate to not be able to write in /n due to me not being a helper. I also hate to PM the person who asked the question. Who knows, maybe four other people already answered it for him in /pm's as well. It's also a personality trait in me, to help people. Unless I'm too lazy. If I have the capabilities to use /n(ewbie), then I'll be able to give my answer so everyone can see it clearly instead of the another person asking the same question all over again. When I first came on to this server, I made a list of questions I need help with. If I found out an answer to any of my questions I'd cross the question out, if not. I would go and re-ask them to get a concise and clear answer. And a personal interest because I love the color Lime Green.
Give an example of where you helped a newbie before giving full detail. (Min 50words)
There's a lot. To be honest, I think it's when it comes to this question, which I love the most. "hi, how do i find job!" Personally, I answer this question in /n by saying that there's Factions such as SADVLA and the RCFD, to find out more factions look at /factions or go to the forums. And then the sidejobs are the one's in this list: /jobs except the bus side job. I'd then go and /pm him that on Red County Roleplay. We use high detailed roleplay and extensive grammar. Even though some people here don't speak the English language as well, they still learn though. Well, that's just my favorite question when it comes to being a helper or a player.
What do you think is the purpose of helpers? (Min 100words)
I think the purpose of the helpers/helper is to make a new home for the newer players, so called "newbies". I think of them as the Realtors. They're here to help other players find their way through a situation. How to reach their goal. What they're missing. How long does it take. A helper is here to furnish your home as well. You ask him/her a question, he gives you a couch load of information on how to do it, how to find it, and how to finish it. The helpers are like parents. They supervise the server and help their children in any hard cases. Don't mix this with Admins though. They're Admins, School Principals in this case.
If you became a helper, how much of your time would you dedicate to "helping", both IG and on the forums?
To be honest. It's not how much time I dedicate. Whenever a question comes up, I think about it right away, even if I'm in the middle of a roleplay situation (Unless it's a really big one). I help for about as long as I'm online. I'm almost about 3-5 hours online a day. (Not for these 2 weeks, going to travel to Florida.).
Section 3

What is metagame? (Min 50words)
Metagaming is also known as MG. The basic definition of it is when a person grabs Out of Character (OOC) information and grabs it/ transfers it into In Character (IC) information. The most common example is the Nametag. It's when a player reads another players Nametag as roleplays as if he knows him even though he's never met him and never even heard about him (IC'ly). Since this server is still based in the nineties, it would be considered as metgaming if I say the iPhone is created or I do a "/me holding a white 64 Gigabyte iPhone in his right hand as he looks to the sky.."
What is powergame? (Min 50words)
Powergaming also known as PG. This is probably the only one that has two meanings. One meaning is: To force roleplay on another player without and consent from him. Or to roleplay something that is completely impossible and unrealistic in real life. An example for the first one is: "/me quickly extends his left arm to the floor grabbing his bat - swinging it at Michael's face." Afetr that you don't see if Michael dodged the bat swing, instead you say that he's supposed to be on the ground aka with a large bruise on the side of his face. Example for the second meaning is: "/me picks up a garbage truck throwing it over the Pizza Shack" "/me jumps into the sky and flies like a bird."
If a newbie asked you (Using the correct OOC method) what to do with the 4 numbers the just came up on the right hand side of their screen what would you respond? Please use your imagination and respond to any retorts you feel they may make (Retorts means follow up questions- and remember this is a brand new player) (Min 200 words)
The 4 number that you see on the above right hand side of your computer screen is the number that you will use when you obtain your paycheck. To obtain your paycheck, you must go to any of the three townhalls. There's one in Fort Carson, one in Palomino Creek, and last but not least, one in Angel Pine. The main one or the most popular is the one in Palomino Creek. The Palomino Creek Library serves as the townhall. It is marked by a blue save disk. When you find that save disk , simply WALK into the townhall and head for the desk. When you're there, simply type /signcheck [4 number go here]. Here's how it would look like if I did it: "/signcheck 9891". You will receive a paycheck every XX:00 for example at One AM, it would be like: 01:00 or at 1 PM, it would be like: 13:00. There are also other ways which you can roleplay getting your paycheck. You may roleplay that you're getting an SMS or Phone text from the Government which says: "You have a Paycheck with the number **** ". Or simply have a beeper (Forgot the name, something that my dad clicks tot he side of his belt for phone messages before he goes to work). which beeps when your paycheck comes.
If someone approaches you on the street while you are RPing (Say RPing getting your car fixed with a mechanic) and asks in /b "Where can I buy a car" what would you respond? (Min 100 words)
I would simply respond that you can either buy a car from another player or buy it from any of the two dealerships (Not including the Motorbike Dealership). You must be a level 3 or above to buy from any of the dealerships on this server. You can get your cars by either posting an advertisement at any of the News Stations by doing /padvert or /advert saying that you're looking for a car, with these types of specifications, etc... Or you could meet some people IC'ly and ask them if you know a person they might know who's selling a vehicle which they're not in need of. That would be all.
Describe your favourite RP experience on RCRP in full detail (Min 400 words)
There are so many that I can barely remember. But my favorite one was when I was a part of the SACFD, also known as the San Andreas County Fire Department. There was a 911 call from a person who claims that there's a person who's attempting to jump off of a building facing the SAN in Montgomery. As I was the only one on duty aka online, I had to act fast. I took a hold of the Ladder Truck and drove like a maniac all the way to Montgomery (That was when SACFD had their base in Fort Carson). As I arrived to Montgomery and already called the RCSD known as the (Red County Sherrif's Department at that time). The whole building was surrounded by citizens and cops and one Firefighter (Me). As I slowly climbed up the ladder trying to convince him that this is a big mistake and that there are many great things in life that he can do instead of jumping off. I told him that his family would miss him. He replied: "I HAVE NO Family *Crying* They all died...." As I tried to show some sadness to the person as I care (IC'ly I never did. I just wanted to get him off that building..) As I get closer to him, I start to negotiate with him how he can start a new life and a new family. A new way of living, and I would help him. As I continue to talk to him he sits on the dirty ground of the roof of the building. He then starts to tell me how he wants his life to be. (To be honest, I liked it. From that day on I started to roleplay as a Psychiatrist.) After that he started to head down the stairs of the building with me. Still, there is one lie I made. i never told him that the police will process him for all the distraction that he has caused. So to not cause any more trouble, I paid his Bail fees and started to give him sessions once a day. That was one of the most greatest roleplays I've ever liked on this entire server. There are more, most of them in the SACFD and some in Axiom. And all I do in SADVLA is roleplay car exams and giving out licenses, so it's all cool.
What is the best faction on the server, and why? (Min 400 words)
To be honest, I don't really like to answer these questions. But since you asked. My favorite factions on this server is SADVLA and Axiom. Why? They're simple. Their rules are easy to follow and hard to break. They have simply guide lines which you must follow. Why do I like this instead of any other faction on the server? Well, every one has a different personal view. If you like to roleplay a police officer then Red County Police Department is a great place for you. If you like to roleplay as a Firefighter than the Red County Fire Department is a great place for you. Both of these factions I just mentioned require a high amount of activity and a high amount of roleplay. I'm not saying that I hate roleplay or that I'm a bad roleplayer. I'm saying that every person has a different personality. What's your personality. If you like to kill people for cash. Then to be a hitman is a great job for you. If you want to roleplay as a black gang member. Then go roleplay near the streets of these members and you might get your shot. If you like to roleplay as a News Anchor, then go ahead and apply on the forums. But for me. I love the simplicity of being a SADVLA instructor. All I have to do is watch the person roleplay and drive and make mistakes so I can fix them. Why I love to be in Axiom is a different matter. I work in Axiom because it's a private company that has nothing to do with the government. But it's chique. Last but not least. Aperture. This faction is very very hard to get into. I've heard lots of things about it. But if you ask me, this is what I call it: BANG BOOM. Why? Because everywhere Aperture goes, there's massive destruction or a major explosion of some sort. Aperture is one of the greatest factions in the entire Red County Roleplay. It has a similar resemblance to that of the CIA. But even better. In the entire peaceful county, no one knows about what lurks underneath it. Aperture's job is very clear, KILL KILL KILL. That's my opinion. My favorite faction overall is now descripted. It had several names, but the most known is "The Cabbie Co." or "The Yellow Cabbie". A transporting company which transports their customers to almost everywhere in the entire state of San Andreas. It had a simple job. I met new roleplayers who are know one of the best. Just my opinion about myy favorite and how they sort of roleplay.
Section 4

Additional comments, here you should include any extra evidence of you helping newbies, or explanations for any bans you have undergone in the past. You may also add suggestions or comments about the helper team as a whole.

I thought that all the Helper Status would go under our Master Account. So that if I create a new character, it would still be a Helper. And if I'm demoted it would demote every character to that point and with promotions, it would;d be exactly the same procedure.

By posting this application I hereby declare that all of the above is true to the best of my knowledge, if I have lied and this is discovered by an admin then I will be banned IG and on the forum for 7days. I understand that if I have been banned from posting applications to be a helper either for a long period of time, or just temporarily I will not post this application until my ban time has run out or risk being perma banned from applying to be a helper and may face IG punishment.

Mark_Fleur

Retired Admin
To the thread starter,

The helper administration team is sorry to announce that your application to be a helper has failed the first stage of the application process. The reasons for this are as stated below:

- Use of ".." instead of "." or "...".
- None capitalized "i", which also happened to be at the beginning of a sentence.
- A few mis-spellings due to fast typing I believe, otherwise quite a good app.

Please do not re-apply for the next 7 days. If you fail to follow this simple rule you may be perma-banned from applying to be a helper. Better luck next time

Yours faithfully,
The Helper Administration Team

Status
Not open for further replies.